Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dershowitz says he could 'enthusiastically' vote for Biden over Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Dershowitz says he could 'enthusiastically' vote for Biden over Trump

Former Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz said he would vote for former Vice President Joe Biden over President Trump in a hypothetical 2020 match-up.

“I’m a strong supporter of Joe Biden. I like Joe Biden. I’ve liked him for a long time, and I could enthusiastically support Joe Biden,” Dershowitz said during a radio interview with Dan Abrams on his Sirius XM radio show.

“Over Donald Trump?” Abrams asked.

“Over Donald Trump, yeah,” Dershowitz replied.

Dershowitz, a contributor to The Hill, has shared in previous interviews that he supported Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016.

He said Thursday that while he would support Biden, he could not see himself backing Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who has consistently polled in second place behind front-runner Biden.

“If Bernie Sanders is nominated, that would present a real dilemma for me,” Dershowitz said. “I don’t think under any circumstances I could vote for a man who went to England and campaigned for a bigot and anti-Semite like Jeremy Corbyn. I don’t think I could do it. I couldn’t pull that lever.”

Dershowitz has consistently argued since 2017 that a special counsel should not have been appointed to investigate alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

In recent weeks, he has defended the president against Democratic calls for impeachment, saying this week on Fox News that allegations against Trump do not meet criteria for impeachment.

He insisted that he would have argued the same if Clinton were president.

"I stand up for civil liberties no matter who the president is," Dershowitz told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"If Hillary Clinton had been elected president and they were trying to impeach her, I would've written a book called 'The Case Against Impeaching Hillary Clinton,’ ” he said.

“Congress can't impeach President Trump. The Constitution provides criteria for impeachment; treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors."
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Former Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz said he would vote for former Vice President Joe Biden over President Trump in a hypothetical 2020 match-up.

“I’m a strong supporter of Joe Biden. I like Joe Biden. I’ve liked him for a long time, and I could enthusiastically support Joe Biden,” Dershowitz said during a radio interview with Dan Abrams on his Sirius XM radio show.

Dershowitz, a contributor to The Hill, has shared in previous interviews that he supported Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016.

He said Thursday that while he would support Biden, he could not see himself backing Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who has consistently polled in second place behind front-runner Biden.

“If Bernie Sanders is nominated, that would present a real dilemma for me,” Dershowitz said. “I don’t think under any circumstances I could vote for a man who went to England and campaigned for a bigot and anti-Semite like Jeremy Corbyn. I don’t think I could do it. I couldn’t pull that lever.”

Dershowitz has consistently argued since 2017 that a special counsel should not have been appointed to investigate alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

In recent weeks, he has defended the president against Democratic calls for impeachment, saying this week on Fox News that allegations against Trump do not meet criteria for impeachment.

"I stand up for civil liberties no matter who the president is," Dershowitz told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"If Hillary Clinton had been elected president and they were trying to impeach her, I would've written a book called 'The Case Against Impeaching Hillary Clinton,’ ” he said.

“Congress can't impeach President Trump. The Constitution provides criteria for impeachment; treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors."
    And the Constitution doesn't define "high crimes and misdemeanors". Trump appears to have committed plenty of those, even if you only look at emoluments violations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only Congress, not Dersh, decides what is considered appropriate for impeachment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just about anyone would be preferable to Trump, as he demonstrates on a daily basis.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Why is this news? Dershowitz is a leftist

He has only been attacked by leftists because he hasn’t abandoned his principles because he hates Donald Trump like all JPP leftists have.

8. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (06-14-2019)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

rjhenn (06-14-2019), Truth Detector (06-17-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Dersh hs been a bigly backer of the Imperial presidency and has backed Trump as he blew through the lines that guided other presidents. Now Teflon Dumb turns on him in a fundamental way. How many threads were started by rightys using him as a legal authority? Now he is s lefty. He failed the purity test and used Trump's name in vain.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2019), Guno צְבִי (06-17-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Why is this news? Dershowitz is a leftist

He has only been attacked by leftists because he hasn’t abandoned his principles because he hates Donald Trump like all JPP leftists have.
    Trumpanzees have no principles, just like Trump.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Dersh hs been a bigly backer of the Imperial presidency and has backed Trump as he blew through the lines that guided other presidents. Now Teflon Dumb turns on him in a fundamental way. How many threads were started by rightys using him as a legal authority? Now he is s lefty. He failed the purity test and used Trump's name in vain.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

tRump didn't get the majority vote in 2016 and far from it but it was the efforts of uncivilized foreign and domestic barbaric elements that lawlessly hacked, rigged and manipulated the election and electoral college in tRump's favor, and to which tRump indicated that he would accept foreign intervention again to lawlessly hack him in there as in more treason galore tRump style. To consider tRump a legitimate so-called president is like comparing antigovernment conspiring GOPer cronies of his as true patriots, which is not the case at being no friends of America or the common well being of society as demonstrated. Its going to take more than the majority voters to get a fair and Constitutionally compliant election in 2020 as opposed to the lawless power grabbing atrocity that occurred in 2016. Its obviously going to take massive efforts to destroy any attempt to lawlessly hack, rig and manipulate the election in 2020 and despite tRump's antigovernment conspiring GOPer cronies' attempts to block efforts to undermine the national election again.
    Last edited by gemini104104; 06-14-2019 at 07:12 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

Gonzomin (06-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (06-17-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

So all of a sudden you liberals .... care what the Jew thinks ?????

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    I wonder how many members of the current congress are Jewish & members of the GOP?? Any idea??

How many are there in the other party?? Asking for a friend.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

I pay no attention to him being Jewish. Can you explain why that is meaningful? Your hate and antisemitism are on display. I am against the imperial presidency that Dersh defends. Just that easy. I think the forefathers were trying to prevent one from happening. That explains the emoluments clause. It also is explained by the separation of powers. Trump is blasting those walls down. Trump is a danger to the American experiment.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2019), rjhenn (06-14-2019)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I wonder how many members of the current congress are Jewish & members of the GOP?? Any idea??

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

You should make .... google your friend .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-17-2019)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Dershowitz uses the devil's advocate a lot, loves to stir the pot, and keep you thinking "What If?

In a way, that is a good thing. Those are positive attributes to have while trying to try a case, or teach your students, or form an opinion on any given thing.

But, you have to be careful who your students are- or consider the intelligence and morality of the audience you are targeting- as all his devil's advocacy, stirring the pot, and keep you thinking "What If"? can just muddy up the water, be taken out of context, and provide wiggle room or cover for those who will use his opinions to exploit something.

So basically, he needs to stay away from Faux News! LOL!