Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, AssHatZombie, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, Havana Moon, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, I Love America, Boris The Animal, Teflon Don, Dark Soul, QuidProJoe, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle-Eye, katzgar, DonaldvoTrumpovich, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Arminius, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks


Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 253

Thread: Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,732
    Thanks
    4,741
    Thanked 4,972 Times in 3,270 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,423 Times in 1,289 Posts

    Default Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

    They say immigrants are ruining the economy.

    How can that be?

    The economy is fine.

    Makes no sense.

    They say immigrants are taking American jobs.

    Hello.

    Unemployment is very very low.

    Anybody who wants work can find it.

    And after all, every conservative will tell you. If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job.

    All of those billionaires are heroes, right? - because they are self-made-men who were born poor and lifted themselves up by the bootstraps, right? Worked their way up from nothing, right?

    PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

    All you have to do is work hard enough and one day you'll be rich, too, right?

    Immigrants are people who only want to work hard, contribute to our economy, build a good life. Just like anybody else.

    And statistics show they commit crimes at a lessor rate than natural-born Americans.

    BUT!

    And this is a big "but."

    Every demagogue needs to have a boogie-man.

    Somebody to hate.

    Somebody to blame. (worked for Mussolini)

    Trump told you to hate immigrants, so that's what you're doing.

    You're letting Trump tell you what to believe.

    Do you realize how stupid that is.

    He HIRES THEM.

    He MARRIED ONE. (Actually TWO...) (Likes those foreign models)

    Silly conservatives.

    The country was BUILT by immigrants.

    What kind of Americans ARE you?

    From The New Colossus, on the Statue Of Liberty:

    ""Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

    Cinnabar (06-18-2019), guno (06-17-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    17,626
    Thanks
    8,316
    Thanked 4,973 Times in 3,900 Posts
    Groans
    288
    Groaned 706 Times in 656 Posts

    Default

    The Future is Robotics, Automation, Artificial Intelligence ... not Basket Weaving.
    The Factories have left, the Mills have left ... if they come back, they will be Automated.
    Importing Third World Basket Weavers is NOT a smart policy.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    9,947
    Thanks
    1,054
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 242 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Americans have an issue with illegal aliens because we respect the rule of law.
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (06-18-2019), Wolverine (06-19-2019)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,732
    Thanks
    4,741
    Thanked 4,972 Times in 3,270 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,423 Times in 1,289 Posts

    Default

    Hello Celticguy,

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Americans have an issue with illegal aliens because we respect the rule of law.
    If conservatives respect the rule of law, and we have evidence that the president broke campaign finance law (testimony that he paid to silence Stormy, and a check from Trump) then why is he not being held accountable?

    Giving Trump a free pass over and over is not respecting the rule of law.

    Besides. Immigrants are good for the economy. We don't / can't / never did enforce all the laws anyway. Certainly not immigration law. So why now?

    Because Trump says so?

    And you guys just take your queues from him?

    Wait to be told what to think?

    Hint: Immigration is not one of the most important issues we should be dealing with.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,732
    Thanks
    4,741
    Thanked 4,972 Times in 3,270 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,423 Times in 1,289 Posts

    Default

    Trump used to have it in for Muslims.

    Remember that?

    He dropped that because he found out the immigration thing polls higher.

    That's why he hammers on immigration.

    He's already got the votes of the rich Republicans who don't care about anything but money and the market.

    He's got to hammer on the immigration issue to keep the dumb hater vote going.

    Without that, he's sunk.

    He thrives on hatred.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks
    2,318
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,562 Posts
    Groans
    132
    Groaned 145 Times in 140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    They say immigrants are ruining the economy.

    How can that be?

    The economy is fine.

    Makes no sense.

    They say immigrants are taking American jobs.

    Hello.

    Unemployment is very very low.

    Anybody who wants work can find it.

    And after all, every conservative will tell you. If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job.

    All of those billionaires are heroes, right? - because they are self-made-men who were born poor and lifted themselves up by the bootstraps, right? Worked their way up from nothing, right?

    PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

    All you have to do is work hard enough and one day you'll be rich, too, right?

    Immigrants are people who only want to work hard, contribute to our economy, build a good life. Just like anybody else.

    And statistics show they commit crimes at a lessor rate than natural-born Americans.

    BUT!

    And this is a big "but."

    Every demagogue needs to have a boogie-man.

    Somebody to hate.

    Somebody to blame. (worked for Mussolini)

    Trump told you to hate immigrants, so that's what you're doing.

    You're letting Trump tell you what to believe.

    Do you realize how stupid that is.

    He HIRES THEM.

    He MARRIED ONE. (Actually TWO...) (Likes those foreign models)

    Silly conservatives.

    The country was BUILT by immigrants.

    What kind of Americans ARE you?

    From The New Colossus, on the Statue Of Liberty:

    ""Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "
    Hi Politalker.

    The first thing I'd point out is that you fail to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. It's something liberals and people who support illegal immigration typically do. It's dishonest and it doesn't fool anyone. Virtually no conservatives have any problem whatsoever with legal immigrants.

    I agree, the economy is better than fine under president Trump's leadership. And unemployment is very low under president Trump's leadership. But your statement: "If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job." Illustrates part of the problem. Illegal immigrants are often willing to work for lower wages than US citizens. They shouldn't be here in the first place, but they can drive down wages for everyone who competes for the same type of jobs. Like people with low education levels, ie the working poor. You know, the ones liberals are always claiming to care about.

    Trump never told anyone to hate immigrants legal or illegal. Your contention that he did is either a lie or an unintentional misstatement of fact. Your own statement that Trump married an immigrant should make it obvious to you that he doesn't hate them.

    What kind of American am I? I'm the kind who supports controlling our borders. I'm the kind who welcomes people who follow the process and want to assimilate and become Americans. Not people who want to come here and utilize all the benefits of being an American while not embracing our values and culture. And not people who want to come here to be parasites on the hardworking taxpayers. I'm the kind of American who loves this country, even though I acknowledge it has some pretty terrible stuff in its past. I'm also the kind of American who recognizes that a poem on a statue is a nice thing, but it is not public policy doctrine. What kind of American are you?

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

    gfm7175 (06-18-2019), Wolverine (06-19-2019)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,732
    Thanks
    4,741
    Thanked 4,972 Times in 3,270 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,423 Times in 1,289 Posts

    Default

    Hello Sirthinksalot,

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker.

    The first thing I'd point out is that you fail to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. It's something liberals and people who support illegal immigration typically do. It's dishonest and it doesn't fool anyone. Virtually no conservatives have any problem whatsoever with legal immigrants.

    I agree, the economy is better than fine under president Trump's leadership. And unemployment is very low under president Trump's leadership. But your statement: "If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job." Illustrates part of the problem. Illegal immigrants are often willing to work for lower wages than US citizens. They shouldn't be here in the first place, but they can drive down wages for everyone who competes for the same type of jobs. Like people with low education levels, ie the working poor. You know, the ones liberals are always claiming to care about.
    Conservatives tell us it is their own fault if they are poor. The blame lies with nobody else if they made poor decisions with what to do with their life. After all, rich people made themselves a success so why can't anybody else do the same thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Trump never told anyone to hate immigrants legal or illegal. Your contention that he did is either a lie or an unintentional misstatement of fact. Your own statement that Trump married an immigrant should make it obvious to you that he doesn't hate them.
    Correct you are on that technicality. Trump never said to do that in so many words. But the message is there: "They are bringing drugs. They are bringing crime." What is hte Trump-fan supposed to do with that rhetoric? Love them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    What kind of American am I? I'm the kind who supports controlling our borders. I'm the kind who welcomes people who follow the process and want to assimilate and become Americans. Not people who want to come here and utilize all the benefits of being an American while not embracing our values and culture.
    No law says they must embrace our culture. What the heck IS 'our culture' anyway? We've got a lot of diversity in American culture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    And not people who want to come here to be parasites on the hardworking taxpayers.
    Kinda sounds like hatred there. Careful...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I'm the kind of American who loves this country, even though I acknowledge it has some pretty terrible stuff in its past. I'm also the kind of American who recognizes that a poem on a statue is a nice thing, but it is not public policy doctrine. What kind of American are you?
    I love my country. I respect the flag way more than to put it on the back of a pick up truck and let it get dragged through the dirt. I have deep respect for the Constitution. I do not believe Mr. Trump is living up to his oath to preserve and protect it. He considers the law of the land a tool to get rich. I believe it is my duty as a citizen to get rid of Trump. He makes a mockery of respect for the office. He doesn't belong in the WH. The Russians helped him get elected. He belongs on the Jerry Springer Show. Trailer trash with money.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    9,219
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,302 Posts
    Groans
    84
    Groaned 603 Times in 553 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump used to have it in for Muslims.

    Remember that?

    He dropped that because he found out the immigration thing polls higher.
    I think it had more to do with his close relationship to Saudi Arabia.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

    Bill (06-18-2019)

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    9,219
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,302 Posts
    Groans
    84
    Groaned 603 Times in 553 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker.

    The first thing I'd point out is that you fail to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. It's something liberals and people who support illegal immigration typically do. It's dishonest and it doesn't fool anyone. Virtually no conservatives have any problem whatsoever with legal immigrants.
    So then what was the deal with the Muslim ban, wanting to end chain migration, and not wanting to take in people from "shithole" countries?

    The reason so many people like Trump is because his immigration policies, if followed through on, would keep America a majority white country for a few more generations.
    I don't like Trump, but I agree with Trumpsters on this one issue. America should remain majority white.

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    9,947
    Thanks
    1,054
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 242 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,



    If conservatives respect the rule of law, and we have evidence that the president broke campaign finance law (testimony that he paid to silence Stormy, and a check from Trump) then why is he not being held accountable?

    Giving Trump a free pass over and over is not respecting the rule of law.

    Besides. Immigrants are good for the economy. We don't / can't / never did enforce all the laws anyway. Certainly not immigration law. So why now?

    Because Trump says so?

    And you guys just take your queues from him?

    Wait to be told what to think?

    Hint: Immigration is not one of the most important issues we should be dealing with.
    At least try and find some actual violation.
    You know, like Mueller tried and failed to do fir two years.
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,732
    Thanks
    4,741
    Thanked 4,972 Times in 3,270 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,423 Times in 1,289 Posts

    Default

    Hello Celticguy,

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    At least try and find some actual violation.
    You know, like Mueller tried and failed to do fir two years.
    It is against the law to make campaign payments and not report them to the FEC.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    9,947
    Thanks
    1,054
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 242 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,



    It is against the law to make campaign payments and not report them to the FEC.
    What office was Stormy running for ?
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15,839
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,000 Times in 936 Posts

    Default

    Nativism

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    25,744
    Thanks
    9,971
    Thanked 12,958 Times in 6,582 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,012 Times in 933 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Americans have an issue with illegal aliens because we respect the rule of law.
    Nope.

    Your president made it crystal clear that he does not want legal immigrants from "shithole" countries in Africa and Haiti, and he wants our immigration system designed to provide preference to the Aryan master race, like Norwegians.

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 215 Times in 162 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 98 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Here is another question as to why so-called conservatives hate America, the U.S. Constitution and Democracy at many of them getting caught with their treasonous and greedy hands in the Russian cookie jar? Considering repukes have basically become Russia's party, demonstrates that they are no friends of America as a nation of immigrants.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (06-18-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Why do conservatives hate this rich guy?
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 10:31 PM
  2. why do conservatives hate PBS and NPR
    By Schadenfreude in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
  3. Conservatives I hate
    By 16 days in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
  4. Why Conservatives and Libertarians Are Mad at Illegal Immigrants...
    By CanadianKid in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 08:18 PM
  5. Why do conservatives hate gay people?
    By robdastud in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •