Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's economy is booming, but so is inequality

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Well just run with Putin's puppet and antigovernment conspiring GOPer's puppet tRump and I hope that sh!thole is as deep as you deserve for it to be at running with the devil. So just continue to run with your Don the con who said only smart people like him do not pay taxes:

Analysis: Trump didn't avoid paying income taxes for 18 years" Some so-called business man who has many with their heads up his hide thinking that tRump woujld give a rat's behind for them or their entire existence. Also the improved economy are a result of policies set in motion during the President Obama administration that appears to be tRump proof thus far.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow had a seemingly big scoop on Tuesday night: A previously unreleased tax return from President Donald Trump.
    In the end -- as Maddow acknowledged repeatedly -- the more significant story was actually that this return was leaked to a reporter, not the return itself. The two pages of Trump's 2005 IRS Form 1040 didn't shed much light on the big questions about Trump finances.
    Except for one important point that is: It turns out Trump didn't avoid income taxes for nearly two decades, after all.
    The New York Times back in October obtained Trump's state tax return from 1995. Based on that return and the realities of how real estate developers can avoid income taxes due to devaluation of their properties, the newspaper and others deduced that Trump could have avoided paying any income taxes for up to 18 years afterward."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...314-story.html
    Last edited by gemini104104; 06-17-2019 at 09:47 PM.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Onus probandi fallacy. Inversion fallacy.
    The truth is not now a burden for me- nor has it ever been a burden for me to prove anything to anybody.

The truth is obvious, in plain view, for all to see that appreciates the truth! Which leaves you and your idiot friend Truth Deflector out because you do not appreciate the truth!

That is a burden for you and Truth Deflector- not me you birdbrain!

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Void argument fallacy.
    There is no argument! It's obvious!

What you are doing is trying to argue- for argument's sake!

Are you always an advocate for the devil?

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Void argument fallacy.
    And let me guess, you have the Koo Koo for Coco Puffs fallacy- huh birdbrain?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    The truth is not now a burden for me- nor has it ever been a burden for me to prove anything to anybody.
    It is not the truth. You have not shown it to be so. The burden of proof is on you. You can't just shift it to someone else.
    The truth is obvious, in plain view, for all to see that appreciates the truth! Which leaves you and your idiot friend Truth Deflector out because you do not appreciate the truth!
    It is not the truth. You have not shown it to be so
    That is a burden for you and Truth Deflector- not me you birdbrain!
    No, it is yours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-18-2019)

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

And let me guess, you have the Koo Koo for Coco Puffs fallacy- huh birdbrain?
    Insult fallacy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

how awful. the rich are getting more rich while the rest of the economy is only growing at record measures

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    how awful. the rich are getting more rich while the rest of the economy is only growing at record measures
    Income inequality is growing under Trump. What don't you understand about that?

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Income inequality is growing under Trump. What don't you understand about that?
    My biggest fear if a Democrat takes office in 2020 is that they will ‘fix’ the economy lol.

Whoever it was that said opportunity is the key to fixing inequality has it right. If people want to be ‘more equal’ with the rich—they should get busy, now is the time to catch up.

Also, ‘inequality’ will never be cured. And if there were only 5 poor people in the whole country democrats would wring an ‘inequality’ message out of it. This economy is booming. If the country votes to change course and ‘fix it’—they’ll get what they deserve.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (06-18-2019)

13. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    My biggest fear if a Democrat takes office in 2020 is that they will ‘fix’ the economy lol.

Whoever it was that said opportunity is the key to fixing inequality has it right. If people want to be ‘more equal’ with the rich—they should get busy, now is the time to catch up.

Also, ‘inequality’ will never be cured. And if there were only 5 poor people in the whole country democrats would wring an ‘inequality’ message out of it. This economy is booming. If the country votes to change course and ‘fix it’—they’ll get what they deserve.
    Booming for who???

Almost 80% of US workers live from paycheck to paycheck.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-robert-reich

The expense nearly half of Americans think can bankrupt them
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...em/1292919001/

Trump’s economy is great for billionaires, not for working families
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/782404002/

BTW.. the moron that caused the 2008 financial debacle was a Republi-con with two unpaid for wars and an unpaid for Rx drug plan

The economy always does better under a Democratic POTUS so take your Russkie style propaganda and blow it up Trump's huge arse. The GOP comes to steal not to govern and the birther grifter is the biggest thief of all!

Data show that the U.S. economy does better under Democratic presidents.
    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...nder-democrats
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 06-18-2019 at 05:09 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

LV426 (06-18-2019)

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You mean like the white trash farmers who just got $30B in welfare because they couldn't sell their crops thanks to the trade policy they also support?
    Working people should get help, lazy welfare bums should not, the trade policy will pay off in the long run and needed to be done!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Minimum wage should be 20.00-25 an hour even for fast food workers.

Racist white men have convinced the American people fast food is a low paying job.

It's still work and owners/CEO's do less than the workers but make billions.

Stop exploiting wages.
    Congratulations you win internet idiot of the day and that is a high honor considering who you were up against! Adolph, LV, Center, Bill, Domer, well done!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

19. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey thanks for posting that link!

Which part of the oped's reason for it like- "The faster growth at the bottom is probably being fueled in part by recent minimum-wage increases in cities and states across the country. Research from the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal-leaning think tank, found that over the past five years, wages for low-wage workers rose 13 percent in states that raised their minimum wages, compared with 8.4 percent in states that did not."- Do you not comprehend?

Thanks for helping Democrats make the case for the minimum wage, and increasing it, and the importance for it given the positive results! See how that works now!

Ah! cherry picking at it's best you forgot this part jackass, try harder
    But minimum wages are only part of the story. Ernie Tedeschi, an economist at Evercore ISI, estimates that the minimum-wage increases account for a quarter to a third of low-wage workers’ gains over the past three years. The rest is most likely a result of a tightening labor market that is forcing employers to raise pay even for workers at the bottom of the earnings ladder.

Ms. Gimbel noted that better-paying industries had experienced faster job growth in recent months, while the fastest wage growth had been in lower-paying industries. That could indicate that sectors like health care and manufacturing are snapping up workers, forcing retailers and restaurants to raise pay to compete.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

21. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are like a little child who needs a spanking and a nap!
    Projecting again; no self awareness. Amazing. Run along shit-for-brains. You're a complete waste of bandwidth.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

22. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    As a result of tRump conspiring with his antigovernment conspiring GOPer cronies sure the economy is booming for them and their rich buddy's wallet while giving the working and middle class the shaft. This atrocity included huge losses for the working and middle class as a result of their seditious tax so-called law to give their fellow greedy creeps huge tax breaks. Giving tRump unjustified credit who is trying to destroy democracy and the well being of society is like getting pissed on by a skunk and enjoying it:

Trump and the GOP Tax Plan Screwed Middle-Class Parents Out of a Refund
    Republicans pushed an unpopular tax plan through Congress while billionaires filled their coffers. The obvious outcome is coming to light during tax time: The middle class is screwed.

I am a father of two in a dual-earner household, sitting smack-dab in the middle of the middle class. It’s February and I am terrified to do my 2018 taxes. It’s not because taxes are hard. It’s not because I’m seeing middle-class Trump supporters become apoplectic on Twitter as they calculate their tax bill. It’s because for the past three years I’ve been a remote worker itemizing my tax returns and, in 2017, House Republicans and President Trump stripped me of crucial deductions. So I hesitate to file. Because I know it’s going to be bad, and I don’t want to find out just how bad."

https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/...arents-refund/
    It scares me to think that idiots like you vote. You belong in a padded cell.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.