Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I Pledge To Vote For Whomever The Dem Nominee Is Just To Get Rid Of President Trump..

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi Bill,

No disagreement. I don't see our views as mutually exclusive.

If we the people want a particular action from our government it generally requires the power of a political party. We can't have the desirable without the undesirable. It's like asking for good without any bad. It's just not realistic. Anybody who thinks their party is goldilocks and the other party is evil is fooling themselves. Self-fooling is not a sound basis for effective governance.
    No, but it does seem to be common to man~ & women.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I've stated before I'm a lifelong registered Republican. I can be just as partisan as the next guy so I can't put myself out there as some one who is "above it all". But with the benefit of experience and having seen multiple Republicans and Democrats in office I can say at the core partisanship is a mindfvck.

I'll admit I watched pro wrestling as a kid. That 'sport' was the ultimate good vs evil battles. And that's how many view politics and their political party's. My 'side' is good and the 'other side' is evil. I understand it makes people feel much better when they believe that. But that's not reality as I see it.
    I watched it as a young kid as well...lol

Yep, the classic battle, good Vs evil, us Vs them=we good they bad.. I really loved watching this play out on sports boards where some hated player would end up "on your team" & then suddenly these MF's are singing a different tune about that player.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Hello Gonzomin,

He's probably afraid to ask more people to work for him. He doesn't like rejection.
    Dept. of Energy- Obama had Chu who is a physicist And Moniz, who is a nuclear scientist Trump has Rick Perry, Perry was surprised to learn nuclear was part of the dept. Trump is incompetent.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-28-2019)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now that we have seen the first debates among 20 of the candidates for the Democratic Nomination, I can truthfully say I would have no problem voting for ANY of these people over Trump.

Who I am not impressed with after the debates: Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang, Michael Bennet, John Delaney.

Who I LIKE more after the debates: Marianne Williamson, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke, Bill DeBlasio, Amy Klobuchar, Kirsten Gillibrand, John Hinckenlooper, Jay Inslee.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Biden is in trouble. He was the front runner and floundered. Warren was day one and was very solid. Williamson showed nothing. Bernie just looked old and sounded like a replay. Tulsi was right about the military. Klobuchar still seems to have a mean streak that shows she does not like being questioned. Like she was talking to her workers who she overpowers.
    The format, with 10 people was a waste of time. Nobody could shine in 30-second increments. But they could screw up.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Biden is in trouble. He was the front runner and floundered. Warren was day one and was very solid. Williamson showed nothing. Bernie just looked old and sounded like a replay. Tulsi was right about the military. Klobuchar still seems to have a mean streak that shows she does not like being questioned. Like she was talking to her workers who she overpowers.
    The format, with 10 people was a waste of time. Nobody could shine in 30-second increments. But they could screw up.
    I wish someone would have brought up the Mueller Report in the debates.

And that is no reason for them NOT to press on it in the press. Why are all the candidates pretending that Trump is NOT implicated in Obstruction?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is Biden going to be overlooked again by the dem party???

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Is Biden going to be overlooked again by the dem party???
    Overlooked? he is the front runner. He had it if he could stay clean. He failed. You have to earn it, Biden was kinged, but he blew it. Biden has a reputation as a gaffer. He has said things that were almost humorous in the past when he lost it. So day one, he has gaffes. It is odd that we worry about Biden's gaffes, yet Trump has made it an art form.
    Biden,Bernie and Trump are too damn old.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Overlooked? he is the front runner. He had it if he could stay clean. He failed. You have to earn it, Biden was kinged, but he blew it. Biden has a reputation as a gaffer. He has said things that were almost humorous in the past when he lost it. So day one, he has gaffes. It is odd that we worry about Biden's gaffes, yet Trump has made it an art form.
    Biden,Bernie and Trump are too damn old.
    Yes, overlooked, or what he would perhaps call, passed over...

I don't think he is out, yet... Harris scored a good knock, twas her plan, he was dumb as hell to not see that coming.. But, he/they will clean it up.. Busing didn't turn out so well, or as well as the courts wished it to be, so maybe he was right, @ least partially in his narrow take on it back then........

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm still getting to know the Dem candidates.

Still learning about them.

There are so many.

I have some favorites.

Bernie, Marianne Williamson, Warren, Kamala Harris

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

I know there is a big chance I'll be voting for Biden in the end.

Not my first choice. Even though he does talk a good game.

(I think he's too integral to the old politics of big money)

But no way I am missing the chance to VOTE AGAINST TRUMP.

I don't care who the nominee ends up being, I am SO voting for that person.

And I hope I am not alone.

I don't care if I have to hold my nose just like 2016, I am already determined and committed to

VOTE AGAINST TRUMP
    Out of curiosity have you not voted for the Democratic Presidential candidate in the past? That's not intended as a gotcha question just asking if it's something you've done in the past.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Vote blue and no matter who, so long as they are real democrats because this business at running with a fake president and Putin puppet tRump is just not working for the well being of society or humanity.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2019)

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Vote blue and no matter who, so long as they are real democrats because this business at running with a fake president and Putin puppet tRump is just not working for the well being of society or humanity.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Out of curiosity have you not voted for the Democratic Presidential candidate in the past? That's not intended as a gotcha question just asking if it's something you've done in the past.
    I have voted for Democratic Presidential candidates in the past, but not every time. I am registered independent. I vote whichever way makes the most sense to me. In 2020, I already know it makes sense to vote against Trump so I have already made up my mind. He is that bad. Of all 20 Dem candidates who participated in the debates, I could easily vote for any one of them over Trump. And that would be a much easier choice than 2016 was. 2016 was the hold your nose and vote election.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

President has had a bad week.

His AG was held in criminal contempt.

His labor Secty was held in criminal contempt.

The President himself was condemned for being a racist.

His old party buddy was refused bail because he is a child sex predator.

His minions turned ugly and joined in a racist chant which he set them up to, and did nothing to stop it.

Evidence indicating he paid off women to shut up about sexual affairs was made public.

I affirm my pledge to vote against him no matter who the Dems nominate.

He has to go.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well the week is almost over~will anyone remember any of this on Monday??

He is probably going to work up something as a distraction for Monday morning to help everyone, including him, forget what happened the week before........

Sad thing is, it actually works every week & the media will dance to his tune as they have done since he announced.......