Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Pledge To Vote For Whomever The Dem Nominee Is Just To Get Rid Of President Trump..

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Any university math department can draw fair districts. It is not difficult. Michigan took the California redrawing system as a pattern. The Repubs are fighting is as hard as they can. Referendums do not matter to them, nor do votes. A few years ago, Michigan passed a referendum ending the Emergency Managers. In a month, the Repubs passed it back in and added a codicil that prevented the EM from appearing on the ballot again. This is how the reds play politics. They have no intention of allowing fair districts.
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 06-25-2019 at 10:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Bill (06-25-2019), PoliTalker (06-26-2019)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Any university math department can draw fair districts. It is not difficult. Michigan took the California redrawing system as a pattern. The Repubs are fighting is as hard as they can. Referendums do not matter to them, nor do votes. A few years ago, Michigan passed a referendum ending the Emergency Managers. In a month, the Repubs passed it back in and added a codicil that prevented the EM from appearing on the ballot again. This is how the reds play politics. They have no intention of allowing fair districts.
    Well, I think that both parties want some representation @ the table, as they know full well that those SOB's in the other party are as crooked as they are & given half a chance they would cheat as much as they would, maybe even more.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Greed is as greed does.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Gonzomin,

Greed is as greed does.
    Political party's want power. You can call it greed but that's why they exist. When Democrats are in power they don't sit around a table asking, "how can we be fair to Republicans" and vice versa. I get it, we want to aspire noble methods and actions to our political party. But that's not realty.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bill (06-26-2019)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Political party's want power. You can call it greed but that's why they exist. When Democrats are in power they don't sit around a table asking, "how can we be fair to Republicans" and vice versa. I get it, we want to aspire noble methods and actions to our political party. But that's not realty.
    Political parties want policy. The only way to enact policy is to gain political power.

People who do underhanded things often justify their actions by assuming that 'if they don't do it, somebody else will.'

And that is an example of moral bankruptcy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

Political parties want policy. The only way to enact policy is to gain political power.

People who do underhanded things often justify their actions by assuming that 'if they don't do it, somebody else will.'

And that is an example of moral bankruptcy.
    100% disagree with you there. They want power. It's why Party A may say they like a particular policy when they propose it and dislike the exact same proposal when Party B proposes it.

If you want to discuss morality political parties aren't where we should be looking.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (06-26-2019), Bill (06-26-2019)

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

100% disagree with you there. They want power. It's why Party A may say they like a particular policy when they propose it and dislike the exact same proposal when Party B proposes it.

If you want to discuss morality political parties aren't where we should be looking.

That depends on if you judge a party by it's most moral or least.

IOW, is the glass half full or half empty.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Any places that are pushing fair districts are Democratic. The Repubs fight every attempt at fairness.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-26-2019)

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Any places that are pushing fair districts are Democratic. The Repubs fight every attempt at fairness.
    Ain't it the truth.

Republicans know they lose in a fair election so they have to rig it.

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That depends on if you judge a party by it's most moral or least.

IOW, is the glass half full or half empty.
    IMHO you must judge both parties(all parties) by the same measure & if you do, IMHO anyway, cowacko is totally correct..

Unfortunately ppl view their party/politician/team's motives/actions as being altruistic & the same motives & actions as sinister or worse by their perceived adversaries...

I posted a thread about this exact thing, although no one is interested in listening to it~oh well!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Ain't it the truth.

Republicans know they lose in a fair election so they have to rig it.
    Not to in any excuse the gop from doing this, but do you believe the Dem party has ever "partaken" in this "forbidden fruit"????

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    IMHO you must judge both parties(all parties) by the same measure & if you do, IMHO anyway, cowacko is totally correct..

Unfortunately ppl view their party/politician/team's motives/actions as being altruistic & the same motives & actions as sinister or worse by their perceived adversaries...

I posted a thread about this exact thing, although no one is interested in listening to it~oh well!!
    No disagreement. I don't see our views as mutually exclusive.

If we the people want a particular action from our government it generally requires the power of a political party. We can't have the desirable without the undesirable. It's like asking for good without any bad. It's just not realistic. Anybody who thinks their party is goldilocks and the other party is evil is fooling themselves. Self-fooling is not a sound basis for effective governance.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (06-27-2019)

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Not to in any excuse the gop from doing this, but do you believe the Dem party has ever "partaken" in this "forbidden fruit"????
    Of course they have. But not to the same degree. I voted for Ross Perot. For the record, I am registered independent. I generally vote with the Dems but not always, and they do not have my loyalty. I was a Bernie supporter in 2016.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (06-27-2019)

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've stated before I'm a lifelong registered Republican. I can be just as partisan as the next guy so I can't put myself out there as some one who is "above it all". But with the benefit of experience and having seen multiple Republicans and Democrats in office I can say at the core partisanship is a mindfvck.

I'll admit I watched pro wrestling as a kid. That 'sport' was the ultimate good vs evil battles. And that's how many view politics and their political party's. My 'side' is good and the 'other side' is evil. I understand it makes people feel much better when they believe that. But that's not reality as I see it.
    Last edited by cawacko; 06-27-2019 at 07:50 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bill (06-27-2019), PoliTalker (06-27-2019)

22. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi cawacko,

I've stated before I'm a lifelong registered Republican. I can be just as partisan as the next guy so I can't put myself out there as some one who is "above it all". But with the benefit of experience and having seen multiple Republicans and Democrats in office I can say at the core partisanship is a mindfvck.

I'll admit I watched pro wrestling as a kid. That 'sport' was the ultimate good vs evil battles. And that's how many view politics and their political party's. My 'side' is good and the 'other side' is evil. I understand it makes you feel much better when you believe that. But that's not reality as I see it.
    Well said.