Thread: Muslims in the news ☪

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Muslims in the news ☪

I SUSPECT A HATE HOAX IS IN PROGRESS

Today I got harassed by a woman for wearing a hijab. The sad part was it was @Starbucks and not a single employee or bystander said a word to her. She threw things in my face and said horrific things. Had the roles been reversed, I guarantee the reactions would have differed. ��
    — Nur Ashour (@catastrophicook) June 16, 2019

Hmmm. No one said a word? In a Starbucks? Really?

I had my 8 month old daughter with me and my three year old nearby. I was so shook up I had to leave immediately because I feared for the safety of my family. Had I not approached a security officer outside, not a single person at @Starbucks thought to even check on me.

It’s really sad that I have to explain to my 3 year old that people can hate someone so much because of their religion or the way they dress. This is such a small thing compared to the hatred other Muslims experience on a daily basis. America, do better.

For everyone asking. She bumped into me from behind.Being a normal person I said I’m sorry as a reaction.She grabbed a ton of coffee sleeves and threw them then continued to yell at me that I better be sorry. Continued to yell at me and say I needed to leave then followed me out.

After I ran out I found a security officer and yelled for help. He approached me and then she went up to him and said, “ I don’t know what her problem is, she threw stuff at my face.” It’s on camera. Obviously racist. Obviously a liar. It was a scene. I was terrified and crying.

So was the supposed woman attacker inside, or did she follow her outside? She had to go outside to find a security officer? The woman who attacked her went outside too?

Surely security camera footage should be at her disposal...

http://archive.is/K2DXz

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Muslims burn church to force release of imam

A mob of Muslims set fire to a Christian church in Niger this weekend to protest the arrest of an imam.

On Saturday night, scores of demonstrators in Maradi, Niger’s third largest city, torched the church of the Assembly of God in the Zaria neighborhood along with the car of the pastor. In another neighborhood, the Life to the Full Christian church was looted.

Witnesses told Agence France Presse (AFP) that on late Saturday evening, groups of Muslims laid barricades across the road and burned old tires in protest of the arrest of Cheick Rayadoune, the imam of the mosque of Zaria.

Police had arrested the imam earlier in the day after he had preached at Friday services against a new government bill on the organization of the exercise of worship, calling the proposed legislation “anti-Islam.”

After several hours of detention, the imam was released.

A senior official of the Niger’s Ministry of the Interior told AFP that there is “nothing anti-Islamic” in the proposed legislation.

Imam Rayadoune said that he was misinformed about the content of the bill, having been falsely led to believe that it would impose same-sex marriage. He said he will correct the error in his sermon this Friday.

Meanwhile, police have detained 178 Muslim rioters over Saturday’s violence.

https://www.breitbart.com/africa/2019/06/17/muslim-mob-burns-christian-church-in-niger-after-arrest-of-imam/

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

I SUSPECT A HATE HOAX IS IN PROGRESS

Today I got harassed by a woman for wearing a hijab. The sad part was it was @Starbucks and not a single employee or bystander said a word to her. She threw things in my face and said horrific things. Had the roles been reversed, I guarantee the reactions would have differed. ��

Hmmm. No one said a word? In a Starbucks? Really?

I had my 8 month old daughter with me and my three year old nearby. I was so shook up I had to leave immediately because I feared for the safety of my family. Had I not approached a security officer outside, not a single person at @Starbucks thought to even check on me.

It’s really sad that I have to explain to my 3 year old that people can hate someone so much because of their religion or the way they dress. This is such a small thing compared to the hatred other Muslims experience on a daily basis. America, do better.

For everyone asking. She bumped into me from behind.Being a normal person I said I’m sorry as a reaction.She grabbed a ton of coffee sleeves and threw them then continued to yell at me that I better be sorry. Continued to yell at me and say I needed to leave then followed me out.

After I ran out I found a security officer and yelled for help. He approached me and then she went up to him and said, “ I don’t know what her problem is, she threw stuff at my face.” It’s on camera. Obviously racist. Obviously a liar. It was a scene. I was terrified and crying.

So was the supposed woman attacker inside, or did she follow her outside? She had to go outside to find a security officer? The woman who attacked her went outside too?

Surely security camera footage should be at her disposal...

http://archive.is/K2DXz
    Yep, another hate hoax, indeed, Legion.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Lock her up...for tax fraud.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Yep, another hate hoax, indeed, Legion.
    Too soon to tell, Earl. Naturally fake news is touting it as an Islamophobic hate crime.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Lock her up...for tax fraud.
    Indeed, Earl. Her guilt is a matter of public record. Will House DEMOCRATS investigate?