Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, canceled.2021.3, Sailor, TOP, Guno צְבִי and Earl

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong leader may delay extradition bill as Biden warns 'world is watching'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Hong Kong leader may delay extradition bill as Biden warns 'world is watching'

Hong Kong leader may delay extradition bill as Biden warns 'world is watching'

Carrie Lam expected to speak on Saturday afternoon for first time since protest crisis erupted in earnest

Hong Kong’s leader, Carrie Lam, plans to delay efforts to pass a controversial new extradition law, local media reported, as US presidential hopeful Joe Biden praised protesters and warned that the “world is watching”.

Media outlets, including the South China Morning Post, public broadcaster Radio Television Hong Kong and pro-Beijing Sing Tao newspaper, reported that Lam will hold a press conference to announce her plans on Saturday afternoon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...protests-china
    Briefly- Carrie Lam is under the sway of mainland China. The law she has been instructed to pass would enable the Chinese to extradite Hong Kong citizens to China for trial. This is contrary to the agreement between China and the British when Hong Kong was handed back to China in 1997. There have been huge street demos in protest .
    Biden has done well to speak out. Republicans should either back him or speak out themselves.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-18-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Post:

Bill (06-15-2019), Jack (06-15-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Yeah well Biden and "the boys" (his and the Kerry kid) have personal business deals with China right now to be concerned with.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Yeah well Biden and "the boys" (his and the Kerry kid) have personal business deals with China right now to be concerned with.
    What does this have to do with the problems in Hong Kong ? Is it just a mud-slinging sortie ?
    As I said- Republicans should either back him or speak out themselves.

Maria Ressa.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Bill (06-15-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Obviously I was referring to Biden and his financial deals in China for the past few years. I'm sure he
    doesn't want anything to interfere with that.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (06-16-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    What does this have to do with the problems in Hong Kong ? Is it just a mud-slinging sortie ?
    As I said- Republicans should either back him or speak out themselves.
    This is called 'Diversion'.

Moon: "Republicans should either back him or speak out themselves."
    Stretch: "Yeah well Biden and "the boys" (his and the Kerry kid) have personal business deals with China right now to be concerned with."
    Moon: "What does this have to do with the problems in Hong Kong ?"
    Stretch: "Obviously I was referring to Biden and his financial deals in China for the past few years."

See. When you can't answer a simple question, you start talking about something else.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Bill (06-15-2019), moon (06-15-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is called 'Diversion'.

Moon: "Republicans should either back him or speak out themselves."
    Stretch: "Yeah well Biden and "the boys" (his and the Kerry kid) have personal business deals with China right now to be concerned with."
    Moon: "What does this have to do with the problems in Hong Kong ?"
    Stretch: "Obviously I was referring to Biden and his financial deals in China for the past few years."

See. When you can't answer a simple question, you start talking about something else.
    What is sad is she has no answer......

Here is an issue Americans should agree on, something we all believe in & yet she can only be partisan.. clearly one of the things that is seriously wrong in America.......

Hating your neighbor is good cause you like different political teams.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree.
    I am of the opinion that America is under attack. And Americans are completely oblivious to this. One tactic of our Global Opponents is to spread 'division' (as in 'Divide and Conquer') in America.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Bill (06-15-2019)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree.
    I am of the opinion that America is under attack. And Americans are completely oblivious to this. One tactic of our Global Opponents is to spread 'division' (as in 'Divide and Conquer') in America.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Cinnabar (06-15-2019)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Are we losing a war few of us realize we’re fighting?
    Poisoned dissidents. Election interference. Armed invasions. International treaties thrown into chaos. Secret military buildups. Hackers and viruses. Weapons deployed in space. China and Russia (and Iran and North Korea) spark news stories here by carrying out bold acts of aggression and violating international laws and norms. Isn’t this just bad actors acting badly?"
    https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...he-shadow-war/

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree.
    Sadly true, some ppl trust foreign adversarial leaders more than the loyal opposition @ home..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

I agree.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The sock cuckers of the GOP and their extremely dumbass base are getting the job done.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    The sock cuckers of the GOP and their extremely dumbass base are getting the job done.
    In my opinion, it's our Global Competitors that are doing a good job of spreading confusion and disinformation within our Society.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

In my opinion, it's our Global Competitors that are doing a good job of spreading confusion and disinformation within our Society.
    And exactly who is aiding and abetting their agenda? It's not Bernie Sanders or any of the true Progressives. The quote I posted stands. The destruction comes from within.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Jack (06-15-2019)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And exactly who is aiding and abetting their agenda? It's not Bernie Sanders or any of the true Progressives. The quote I posted stands. The destruction comes from within.
    "The destruction comes from within."
    I'm in agreement with you. I've never seen this 'Hate' between Americans before. It's not just the Right, I've seen this on the Left too with the PC Fascists.
    Progressives I know promote a 'Brotherhood/Sisterhood' attitude.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Are we losing a war few of us realize we’re fighting?
    Poisoned dissidents. Election interference. Armed invasions. International treaties thrown into chaos. Secret military buildups. Hackers and viruses. Weapons deployed in space. China and Russia (and Iran and North Korea) spark news stories here by carrying out bold acts of aggression and violating international laws and norms. Isn’t this just bad actors acting badly?"
    https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...he-shadow-war/
    The USA has lost the goodwill of the world. A great deal of the antipathy is due to blanket support for Izraeli criminality. It undermines the world's trust in the United Nations and, particularly, the machinations of the Security Council.
    Jewish privilege has to end and everybody must be treated equally and in accordance with the law. What's so difficult ?

A situation such as exists in Hong Kong- and I believe that the government has just conceded that the protesters have point- is, as Bill states, an opportunity for bipartisanship. War on Iran for the sake of Izrael is NOT.

Maria Ressa.

24. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-16-2019)