Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 151

Thread: Bernie Sanders calls for “21st Century Bill of Rights”

  1. #106 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,963
    Thanks
    8,746
    Thanked 12,278 Times in 8,834 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Yes- the ' re-Americanization ' of America. Millions will go for that- particularly the millions of desperately poor .
    I'll keep listening as Sanders lays it out.
    silly.the "desperately poor" already get handouts.
    sanders wants what is Communism dressed up as benign socialism

  2. #107 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,910
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 1,950 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 603 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    silly.the "desperately poor" already get handouts.
    sanders wants what is Communism dressed up as benign socialism
    And for how long have you been living without utilizing the public infrastructure and necessities that socialism built?

  3. #108 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,963
    Thanks
    8,746
    Thanked 12,278 Times in 8,834 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And for how long have you been living without utilizing the public infrastructure and necessities that socialism built?
    what does that have to do with Guaranteed Everything Free Stuff?

    we have government of LIMITED ENUMERATED POWERS -more over the Declaration doesn't call for
    guarantees of happiness; only the freedom to pursue them

    We use taxes for the common good - like your example. But that's it. Government should not be driving industry
    into what it thinks it the proper path.
    Only by trial and error; (successful startups and failures) does the market find it's true path to utilization

  4. #109 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,910
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 1,950 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 603 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    what does that have to do with Guaranteed Everything Free Stuff?

    we have government of LIMITED ENUMERATED POWERS -more over the Declaration doesn't call for
    guarantees of happiness; only the freedom to pursue them

    We use taxes for the common good - like your example. But that's it. Government should not be driving industry
    into what it thinks it the proper path.
    Only by trial and error; (successful startups and failures) does the market find it's true path to utilization
    First of all you need to be clear on which specific "free stuff" you are compaining about. I do not have school age children but I pay taxes that pay for public schools and playgounds because that is what living in a viable functioning society is all about. A more educated and healthy citizenry benefits everyone and that is a no brainer. There is a reason why the USA is sinking on the world list of happiest nations and it has everything to do with greedy self-centered ideals.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 06-16-2019 at 03:38 AM.

  5. #110 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,963
    Thanks
    8,746
    Thanked 12,278 Times in 8,834 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    First of all you need to be clear on which specific "free stuff" you are compaining about. I do not have school age children but I pay taxes that pay for public schools and playgounds because that is what living in a functionuing society is all about. A more educated and healthy citizenry benefits everyone and that is a no brainer. There is a reason why the USA is sinking on the world list of happiest nations and it has everything to do with greedy self-centered ideals.
    Bernie has enumerated his free stuff platform.
    Everything is guaranteed thru re-distribution; this is classical Socialism,and when you throw in the Green New Deal
    government is then controlling the means of production.. That's full bore Communism..

    Nobody has any problem with infrastructure spending; by it's nature its for the common good.

    But when you start getting into free medical and free education and guaranteed jobs..stipends etc.
    that is government micro-managing the economy. And that just doesn't work ( see the list of failed socialists states)

    Americans bitch about everything- my term for today's angst is "Pessimistic Plenitude. "

    whatever reasons for the angst, it doesn't come from a poor economy, or hopeless intractable poverty.
    We are by far the most abundant lifestyle people that ever lived on the planet

  6. #111 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,910
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 1,950 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 603 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Bernie has enumerated his free stuff platform.
    Everything is guaranteed thru re-distribution; this is classical Socialism,and when you throw in the Green New Deal
    government is then controlling the means of production.. That's full bore Communism..

    Nobody has any problem with infrastructure spending; by it's nature its for the common good.

    But when you start getting into free medical and free education and guaranteed jobs..stipends etc.
    that is government micro-managing the economy. And that just doesn't work ( see the list of failed socialists states)

    Americans bitch about everything- my term for today's angst is "Pessimistic Plenitude. "

    whatever reasons for the angst, it doesn't come from a poor economy, or hopeless intractable poverty.
    We are by far the most abundant lifestyle people that ever lived on the planet
    Provide the quotes from Sander's speech that back-up your "free stuff" premise but you failed to be specific when I asked about the particulars of this free stuff you speak of in an earlier post. As of now, the USA has morphed into an ideology of "Privatize the Profits/Socialize the Losses due to right wing trickle down bull shit and corporate welfare. Not exactly fertile ground for growing and maintaining a thriving middle class. The American Dream is dead for most folks or at least on life support and it was not social polices that killed it.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 06-16-2019 at 05:08 AM.

  7. #112 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,910
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 1,950 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 603 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Bernie is such a hypocrite. Reciting his Commie credo while owning three homes and living high on the hog.

    Only the young and dumb support his insane ideas.
    This is an extremely dumbed-down statement.

  8. #113 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    16,108
    Thanks
    835
    Thanked 7,734 Times in 5,526 Posts
    Groans
    515
    Groaned 544 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm not aware of the fantasyland that you live in. (are you on drugs?)
    You think Stalin killing millions to bring about Bernie's utopia is "fantasyland"? Ok Jackie. Whatever you say

    I know it sounds wonderful to you when people say they are going to take care of YOUR every want and need and you aren't going to have to work for it. Work is hard. And you apparently just don't want to do anymore of it. Do me a favor though will you Jackie? Just come out and admit you want the rest of us to cover your bills. Stop hiding behind children and the poor. It is unseemly
    "I was wrong about FISA abuse" - James Comey


    AG Barr is coming



  9. #114 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,350
    Thanks
    8,847
    Thanked 5,505 Times in 4,284 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You think Stalin killing millions to bring about Bernie's utopia is "fantasyland"? Ok Jackie. Whatever you say

    I know it sounds wonderful to you when people say they are going to take care of YOUR every want and need and you aren't going to have to work for it. Work is hard. And you apparently just don't want to do anymore of it. Do me a favor though will you Jackie? Just come out and admit you want the rest of us to cover your bills. Stop hiding behind children and the poor. It is unseemly
    Jackie is doing fine living off his stock portfolio. Do me a favor, keep buying shit. Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!

  10. #115 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    16,108
    Thanks
    835
    Thanked 7,734 Times in 5,526 Posts
    Groans
    515
    Groaned 544 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Provide the quotes from Sander's speech that back-up your "free stuff" premise but you failed to be specific when I asked about the particulars of this free stuff you speak of in an earlier post. As of now, the USA has morphed into an ideology of "Privatize the Profits/Socialize the Losses due to right wing trickle down bull shit and corporate welfare. Not exactly fertile ground for growing and maintaining a thriving middle class. The American Dream is dead for most folks or at least on life support and it was not social polices that killed it.
    Of course he is giving the illusion of "free stuff". You have this mathematical illusion that the government will be able to pool peoples money together and make it magically multiply. The whole genesis of the leftist platform is taking from others to give some other favored group.

    With regards to your comment about privatizing gains and socializing losses? I actually agree with that. That is how you got the financial crisis. That is why you have people building homes on the coastline where tornadoes hit. Because the gobblement has given people the illusion of nanny and last insurer of choice. It isn't a problem with the free market. It is the problem of gobblement and crony capitalism. All parts of the socialist state.

    If you want to see what BernieWorld will look like, I encourage you to watch Chernobyl. It is a catastrophic failure of years of socialist rule
    "I was wrong about FISA abuse" - James Comey


    AG Barr is coming



  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teflon Don For This Post:

    Life is Golden (06-16-2019)

  12. #116 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    16,108
    Thanks
    835
    Thanked 7,734 Times in 5,526 Posts
    Groans
    515
    Groaned 544 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jackie is doing fine living off his stock portfolio. Do me a favor, keep buying shit. Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!
    Of course you are. There isn't any JPP leftist who says they aren't "doing well living off of his stock portfolio". You are all junior Warren Buffets.

    You don't ask for free shit for yourself because you need it. No of course not. You ask because you "care about the poor". You will "gladly" pay higher taxes so the poor has healthcare. It makes you feel good inside to say it. But, the reality is you don't really mean it.
    "I was wrong about FISA abuse" - James Comey


    AG Barr is coming



  13. #117 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,350
    Thanks
    8,847
    Thanked 5,505 Times in 4,284 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Of course you are. There isn't any JPP leftist who says they aren't "doing well living off of his stock portfolio". You are all junior Warren Buffets.

    You don't ask for free shit for yourself because you need it. No of course not. You ask because you "care about the poor". You will "gladly" pay higher taxes so the poor has healthcare. It makes you feel good inside to say it. But, the reality is you don't really mean it.
    hahahaha ...
    It makes me feel good watching you just make shit up, ... and then discussing the shit you just made up.

    Let me ask a question. Do you think it is a good idea to educate children so they can read, write, and do arithmetic?
    Do you think the most cost effective and easily managed is by providing public buildings, state paid teachers, and spreading the cost to everyone?
    This would be 'free' to every child in America.

    Do you think this concept is a Good Idea?

  14. #118 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,350
    Thanks
    8,847
    Thanked 5,505 Times in 4,284 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Of course you are. There isn't any JPP leftist who says they aren't "doing well living off of his stock portfolio". You are all junior Warren Buffets.

    You don't ask for free shit for yourself because you need it. No of course not. You ask because you "care about the poor". You will "gladly" pay higher taxes so the poor has healthcare. It makes you feel good inside to say it. But, the reality is you don't really mean it.
    Too difficult?

    Let me try another.

    Do you think just the people that use the road should pay for the road?
    That there should be Toll Roads across the Nation so the people that use the road should pay for it.
    Or.
    Do you believe in a 'communal' concept that we all chip in and all pay for the roads so that none of us have to stop for a Toll Booth. That the road system is 'free' for everybody?
    (Now, keep in mind, the Traveling Salesman is probably going to get a better deal out of this than the guy that lives next to his Workplace)

  15. #119 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,968
    Thanks
    5,530
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 3,744 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,862 Times in 1,668 Posts

    Default

    Hello ThatOwlWoman,

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Tell us more about Williamson. I haven't heard of her.
    Oh, you would totally like her.

    I've begun a thread to discuss her candidacy:

    Marianne Williamson
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (06-16-2019)

  17. #120 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    16,108
    Thanks
    835
    Thanked 7,734 Times in 5,526 Posts
    Groans
    515
    Groaned 544 Times in 526 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    hahahaha ...
    It makes me feel good watching you just make shit up, ... and then discussing the shit you just made up.

    Let me ask a question. Do you think it is a good idea to educate children so they can read, write, and do arithmetic?

    YES

    Do you think the most cost effective and easily managed is by providing public buildings, state paid teachers, and spreading the cost to everyone?

    FUCK NO

    This would be 'free' to every child in America.

    Do you think this concept is a Good Idea?

    FUCK NO
    I am happy that you "feel good". Nobody should go through life feeling bad and you leftists have been feeling bad for a long time. I know you think you are being cute and have trapped me in a corner with this typical left wing false choice. Because I won't agree with you, you like all leftists will assume that I don't think children should be educated.

    Of course they should be educated. But, it should be the responsibility of the parents to CHOOSE where to send their kids to school. The free market would provide. And for those who couldn't afford it (because I know that will be your next fall back), there would be charities and private scholarships that would fill the void much like we do for College.

    You leftists always turn to government presumably because you think it makes you feel safe? Despite all of their failures you continue to turn to them. Our educational system is nothing more than a propaganda arm for the left wing which I assume is why you are so enamored with it. Stalin and Hitler were big fans of public education too. Just sayin
    "I was wrong about FISA abuse" - James Comey


    AG Barr is coming



  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teflon Don For This Post:

    Life is Golden (06-16-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Marriage in the 21st century
    By Havana Moon in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2017, 11:43 AM
  2. Bernie Sanders calls Trump exactly what he is.... a fraud.
    By Nomad in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 05:29 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2016, 11:25 AM
  4. 21st Century Fascist
    By I'm Watermark in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:16 PM
  5. Ayn Rand In The 21st Century
    By Havana Moon in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •