Members banned from this thread: Cypress, The Anonymous, evince, ZappasGuitar, moon, CFM, domer76, archives, Nomad, Micawber, Mason Michaels, ThatOwlWoman, Jade Dragon, Troll, PoliTalker, Guno צְבִי, Jack, NiftyNiblick, jimmymccready, Adolf_Twitler, StoneByStone and Part Multi 313

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Police in California shot 55 times in 3.5 seconds and killed Willie McCoy.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    If that's how they're trained, their instructors are assholes. If you're stupid enough to empty your gun on one suspect, you'd best hope there's not a second one. As for continuing to fire until an order is given to stop, that is bullshit.

Yes, I've seen instances where someone on drugs will advance, but not in this case, the guy was in a car.

No, most police sidearms do not hold 9+ rounds. Few handguns (not counting .22s) do.

So can I with my M1-A, but that is irrelevant.
    They fire until the threat is eliminated and what makes you think they weren't already aware that there wasn't a second one??

As to your assertion that "...most police sidearms do not hold 9+ rounds.", you're going to really need to provide proof of your conclusion; because:

Two of the most popular firearms carried by law enforcement officers are the Glock 19 and the Glock 22. Glock is an Austrian handgun manufacturer that prides itself on quality.

AND

Glock Model 22 .40 Caliber Pistol

Capacity = 15+1 (optional 17 round magazines are available)

AND

How many bullets does a GLOCK 19 (9mm) Magazine hold including the one in the chamber?

The STANDARD CAPACITY mags for the Glock 17 and 19 hold 15 & 17 rounds.

Now, you were saying...…………………...what??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Police in California shot 55 times in 3.5 seconds and killed Willie McCoy. That's 'reasonable,' report says

The family attorney for a slain California rapper on Thursday dismissed an independent report that found officers acted reasonably in the February shooting, saying he expected the city of Vallejo would hire an expert to support police.

The report released this week found that six officers fired 55 times at 20-year-old Willie McCoy in the span of 3.5 seconds shortly after he woke up from sleeping in his car in the drive-thru lane of a Taco Bell restaurant.

Attorney John Burris told USA TODAY he believed the report was irrelevant, particularly since the hired expert also deemed police had probable cause in the fatal 2018 shooting of Stephon Clark.

"It only means to me that local police agencies have found a person they can count on to support their position," Burris said.

The independent use of force report ordered by the city concluded each officer had probable cause to believe McCoy posed an immediate threat.

The report's author, David Blake, a police consultant and retired peace officer, also wrote that police had reasonable suspicion to detain McCoy, who was found unconscious in his car while in possession of a gun. Blake reviewed video footage and interviewed officers and witnesses to inform his opinions.

"Officers are not required to wait until a weapon is pointed at them to take the necessary steps to save their own lives," Blake wrote in the report, adding that their actions were "reasonable based upon my training and experience as a range instructor as well as through applied human factors psychology."

His consulting office did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment.

City Attorney Claudia Quintana said the independent report is not expected to affect the investigations by the Vallejo Police Department or Solano County District Attorney's Office. It may take nearly two years for the office to issue a final report, police have previously said.

The report released this week was prepared in anticipation of civil litigation, Quintana said in an email to USA TODAY.

Burris has filed a wrongful death and civil rights violation claim against the city. He said a federal lawsuit is also planned.

The incident, Burris said, is one of more than 10 pending cases he is working that accuse the Vallejo Police Department of racial profiling and excessive force.
    Burris said the independent report will not affect his assessment on McCoy's case.

"These officers used deathly force tactics," Burris said. "They wake a man up and, before he has a chance to react, they shoot and kill him. That cannot be reasonable."

By "a chance to react" - Does that mean they're supposed to wait until he pulls the trigger??

And before everyone decided to just focus on the 55 shots, 55 / 6 = 9.16666 / 3.5 = 2.619 per second.

Sounds about right for a semi-automatic pistol.
    Why does this always happen in left wing cities?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-18-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

No surprise that freedumb supports not just killing by cops, but overkilling.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Overkilling? Is that a new thing?

Will you overkill yourself?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    What do you mean by "overkill"; because dead is dead.

Hey, just curious, did you ever find those examples of me calling other women cunts??

Probably were unable to, HUH!!

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

They fire until the threat is eliminated and what makes you think they weren't already aware that there wasn't a second one??

As to your assertion that "...most police sidearms do not hold 9+ rounds.", you're going to really need to provide proof of your conclusion; because:

Two of the most popular firearms carried by law enforcement officers are the Glock 19 and the Glock 22. Glock is an Austrian handgun manufacturer that prides itself on quality.

AND

AND

How many bullets does a GLOCK 19 (9mm) Magazine hold including the one in the chamber?

LOL you think cops are superheroes instead of the crooked scum they really are

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Nope, I think they are humans that are doing a job most of the citizens of the US refuse to do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I see you're such a pussy that you want the MODs to ban you; because you can't stay away by yourself.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

13. #24 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

AND

AND

The threat could have been eliminated by one well placed round, simple as that. 6 officers firing 55 rounds is saying "I wanna shoot too" and is beyond excessive considering the suspect was confined to a car.
    I also question how many of those 55 rounds actually hit the suspect since not all law enforcement consider marksmanship a priority (my cousin who was a cop in Phila. for 20 yrs. will confirm this).
    Still, emptying your weapon is rarely necessary and obviously unnecessary in this instance (see first sentence).

Yes, you are correct that the above mentioned sidearms hold more than 9 rounds. I am not "educated" on the modern handguns, I based my comment on the 1911 (.45 ACP) and it's variations which hold 7 rounds in the magazine and was for years the choice of many a law enforcement. Myself, I rarely loaded 7 rounds in mine as not to weaken the spring, especially if the magazine remained loaded for an extended period of time.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cops are not superheroes and most are not "crooked scum." They are like anyone else who wants to come home after their shift to their families
    Unfortunately, there are some who have the "superiority complex" and as above, just want to fire their weapons superfluous, making the good ones look bad.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The threat could have been eliminated by one well placed round, simple as that. 6 officers firing 55 rounds is saying "I wanna shoot too" and is beyond excessive considering the suspect was confined to a car.
    I also question how many of those 55 rounds actually hit the suspect since not all law enforcement consider marksmanship a priority (my cousin who was a cop in Phila. for 20 yrs. will confirm this).
    Still, emptying your weapon is rarely necessary and obviously unnecessary in this instance (see first sentence).

Yes, you are correct that the above mentioned sidearms hold more than 9 rounds. I am not "educated" on the modern handguns, I based my comment on the 1911 (.45 ACP) and it's variations which hold 7 rounds in the magazine and was for years the choice of many a law enforcement. Myself, I rarely loaded 7 rounds in mine as not to weaken the spring, especially if the magazine remained loaded for an extended period of time.
    But as is known, that doesn't always work.

At 9+ shots on the average, they didn't empty their weapons.

If someone threatens me; I'm using as many rounds as it takes, for the perp to hit the ground.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But as is known, that doesn't always work.

At 9+ shots on the average, they didn't empty their weapons.

If someone threatens me; I'm using as many rounds as it takes, for the perp to hit the ground.
    One well placed round most often works. That is the goal of those of us who are proficient with a firearm.

9 X 6 = 54

I would myself. Maybe those cops were waiting for that suspect to "hit the ground" while sitting in his car?

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One well placed round most often works. That is the goal of those of us who are proficient with a firearm.

9 X 6 = 54

I would myself. Maybe those cops were waiting for that suspect to "hit the ground" while sitting in his car?
    Bullshit; but then you've never seen the films of a guy taking shot after shot and still walking aggressively towards the Police.

He finally collapsed when his heart had no more blood to pump to his brain.

Does this mean you've had tactical Police training and are skilled in what it takes to stop someone?

And I guess we're now done, seeing as how you now want to split hairs on the phrase of "hitting the ground" and this was such a nice exchange.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bullshit; but then you've never seen the films of a guy taking shot after shot and still walking aggressively towards the Police.

He finally collapsed when his heart had no more blood to pump to his brain.

Does this mean you've had tactical Police training and are skilled in what it takes to stop someone?

And I guess we're now done, seeing as how you now want to split hairs on the phrase of "hitting the ground" and this was such a nice exchange.

Yes, I've seen them. And yes, it can take multiple rounds to drop someone, especially if they're on drugs. But again this guy was in a car and 55 rounds was excessive.

I was a certified firearms instructor for over 20 years. Although I never held the "tactical" certification, I shot a few times with guys (and cops) who did complete the training with my 1911 at the small tactical part of our pistol range. Like in all firearms courses, safety and accuracy are paramount.

I'm not "splitting hairs" here and I'm not arguing what it takes to eliminate a threat, I just think 55 rounds from 6 cops fired into a car with one confined suspect was excessive.

Lastly, we often agree on things, so disagreeing on the number of rounds fired in this one particular instance doesn't mean we don't, or can't have a "nice exchange."

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

What do you mean by "overkill"; because dead is dead.

Hey, just curious, did you ever find those examples of me calling other women cunts??

Probably were unable to, HUH!!
    Overkill
    noun:

excessive use, treatment, or action; too much of something.
    "animators now face a dilemma of technology overkill"

the amount by which destruction or the capacity for destruction exceeds what is necessary.
    "the existing nuclear overkill"

Here are a few examples of your filthy name-calling, moron. Or should I say, LYING moron. Now STFU.

lisasanders

ThatOwlWoman

evince

Phantasmal

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens