Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between Trump saying he'd accept foreign information

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    There's an epidemic in here tonight.

post # 97
    One more time, illiterate moron.

“While it is illegal to accept contributions from foreign nationals for political campaigns (as Trump suggested he would do), “paying a foreign national fair market value for opposition research is generally not illegal,” as former chief counsel for the Federal Election Commission Lawrence Noble told The Washington Post. “It is considered a commercial transaction, which is not a contribution.”

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...he-2020/223924

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Oh my gosh. And I thought that I was computer illiterate.

Who's talking about hits???????
    This is a simple google seardch for words like 'Hillary Trevor Noah November 2, 2017'
    or maybe 'Hillary Trevor Noah it's part of what happens in a campaign where you get information'
    Turns out that Clinton was correct, dumbfuck.

“While it is illegal to accept contributions from foreign nationals for political campaigns (as Trump suggested he would do), “paying a foreign national fair market value for opposition research is generally not illegal,” as former chief counsel for the Federal Election Commission Lawrence Noble told The Washington Post. “It is considered a commercial transaction, which is not a contribution.”

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    As usual, simple English escapes you. Tell me which of the following words befuddle you. I’ll try to dumb it down for you.

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“
    Yet, not a single indictment came out of Meeting Gate lol.

I told you nitwits it was a Nothing Burger.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

We all know why, don’t we?

Mueller said Donnie was to fucking stupid to be able to prove that he knew the law.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

As usual, simple English escapes you. Tell me which of the following words befuddle you. I’ll try to dumb it down for you.

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“
    The problem you have is in understanding that "of value" is defined, linked to, and it does not include what you want it to include.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

anatta (06-15-2019)

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

We all know why, don’t we?

Mueller said Donnie was to fucking stupid to be able to prove that he knew the law.

But I thought there was collusion lol.

You mean Donnie was unaware that there was collusion? How you could you and the despicable media hacks have gotten it so wrong and so badly, for so long?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    on political rivals last Wednesday and Trump directly asking Russia to find Clinton's Emails back in 2016?

Actually not much of a difference, except this time Trump is putting the request right out there, sending a public invitation to all his autocratic buddies, openly inviting foreign powers to interfere in our election for his behalf

And why not, Trump cares little for respecting historical institutions, he knows his GOP lackeys don't have the backbone to say anything, he's assured billy Barr ain't going to care, and he has a whole media network that will not only defend him but will quickly portray any effort to expose say North Korea's involvement as a witch hunt

The Democrats ought to immediately pass legislation making it illegal to accept any kind of assistence from any foreign nation in our elections and quickly forward it to Mitch, put the Senate invertebrates on the spot
    Let me see some more ILLOGICAL GYRATIONS about how the TRUMP CAMPAIGN NOT SEEKING, and even REJECTING RUSSIAN CRAP = "COLLSION", (as reported by Mueller), and the Hillary Campaign ACTIVRLY SEEKING, then PAYING FOR, and HIRIING KREMLIN-LINKED FOREIGN AGENTS TO OBTAIN POLITICAL DIRT FROM RUSSIA , "IS NOT COLLUSION". ( Do I even need to mention its being ILLEGALLY USED FOR A FISA WARRANT?)

It's hilarious reading the FUCKING IDIOTIC PRETZELTHINK LOOPS the BRAINDEAD LEFT HAS INVENTED TO PROPAGATE THIS FLAMING DUNCEHOOD.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

anatta (06-15-2019)

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The problem you have is in understanding that "of value" is defined, linked to, and it does not include what you want it to include.
    Dirt on your opponent has immense value. That's why campaigns aew willing to pay big bucks for it.

Want me to quote the FEC Chair again? She was responding directly to Trump's admission that he would listen to someone offering harmful information.

"Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a US election," she said in a statement."

Which words are you stumbling on? I'll try to get it to third grade level for you.

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But I thought there was collusion lol.

You mean Donnie was unaware that there was collusion? How you could you and the despicable media hacks have gotten it so wrong and so badly, for so long?
    hat part of this simple sentence do you fail to understand, dimwit?

Mueller said Donnie was to fucking stupid to be able to prove that he knew the law. ot this one?

Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a US election," she said in a statement

The words you are stumbling over, I can try to dumb it down for your third grade mentality.

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dirt on your opponent has immense value. That's why campaigns aew willing to pay big bucks for it.

Want me to quote the FEC Chair again? She was responding directly to Trump's admission that he would listen to someone offering harmful information.

"Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a US election," she said in a statement."

Which words are you stumbling on? I'll try to get it to third grade level for you.
    Desperately trying to defend the indefensible, I bet you didn't realize you had so much in common with how you perceive your "enemy".

I have given you the definition, you simply apply a crowbar, try to make the square block fit in the round hole and hope everybody is too stupid to realize that your definition is different than the actual law. I've given you links to the definition and your only response is to repeat without even refining. The reality is, your wish doesn't make reality, and your assumption that it is somehow a contribution to hear words is beyond stupid.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Desperately trying to defend the indefensible, I bet you didn't realize you had so much in common with how you perceive your "enemy".

I have given you the definition, you simply apply a crowbar and hope we're too stupid to realize that your definition is different than the actual law. I've given you links to the definition and your only response is to repeat without even refining. The reality is, your wish doesn't make reality.
    here ya go dumb fuck

14. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

Stretch (06-15-2019)

15. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

The only way one could have is if one of the stooges turned on the others, which given the character of the individuals present that wasn't going to happen, lying is more innate to them than honesty or morality

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have given you the definition, you simply apply a crowbar, try to make the square block fit in the round hole and hope everybody is too stupid to realize that your definition is different than the actual law. I've given you links to the definition and your only response is to repeat without even refining. The reality is, your wish doesn't make reality, and your assumption that it is somehow a contribution to hear words is beyond stupid.
    Not my reality, dumbfuck. I’m merely quoting the experts.

17. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not my reality, dumbfuck. I’m merely quoting the experts.

Repeating what was proven to be wrong when presented with the actual definition in the law doesn't change that it was wrong. You can keep repeating it, but all you have left, even according to your own people in Congress is a hopeful belief that others will think there was "Obstruction", not "collusion". The experts, even those on your own side, disagree with you and this person.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

anatta (06-15-2019)

19. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The only way one could have is if one of the stooges turned on the others, which given the character of the individuals present that wasn't going to happen, lying is more innate to them than honesty or morality
    how would lying change anything?
    the meeting took place. it was under false pretenses ( the Russian lawyer really wanted to change the Maginsky act)
    It was walked out on. there were no agreements on anything except "taking the meeting"

Unless you think there was some super secret agreement reached otherwise, the facts stand alone.

Honestly you have been reading too much Mueller!! there WAS NO COLLUSION ( conspiring )

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (06-15-2019)