Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump now calling McGahn a liar for spilling the beans on Trump's obstruction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Default Trump now calling McGahn a liar for spilling the beans on Trump's obstruction

Just so we’re clear on this.

The President directly accused his former White House Counsel, Don McGahn, of lying under oath in his testimony to the Mueller investigators.

His alleged lie was telling them about Drumpf’s demands to fire Robert Mueller. Why did he lie? “Because he wanted to make himself look like a good lawyer,” during his interview with Stephanapolous yesterday.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-17-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-17-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

The President directly accused his former White House Counsel, Don McGahn, of lying under oath in his testimony to the Mueller investigators.

His alleged lie was telling them about Drumpf’s demands to fire Robert Mueller. Why did he lie? “Because he wanted to make himself look like a good lawyer,” during his interview with Stephanapolous yesterday.

How does lying make him look like a good lawyer.? Can Trump ever make sense? He blew his reputation when he agreed to work for Trump.

5. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-17-2019)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2019), domer76 (06-17-2019), Guno צְבִי (06-17-2019), LV426 (06-14-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don McGahn “may have been confused” the president told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.

"The story on that very simply, No. 1, I was never going to fire Mueller,”

“I never suggested firing Mueller," he added.

NO ONE got fired. NO ONE destroyed evidence. NO ONE refused to cooperate. NO ONE shut down the investigation NO ONE chose not to release the entire report. NO ONE exercised executive privilege.

Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

Barr: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Darth Omar (06-15-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Don McGahn “may have been confused” the president told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.

NO ONE got fired. NO ONE destroyed evidence. NO ONE refused to cooperate. NO ONE shut down the investigation NO ONE chose not to release the entire report. NO ONE exercised executive privilege.

Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

Barr: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.
    BECAUSE MCGAHN REFUSED TO DO IT.You say the dumbest shit. Check McGahn's reputation and compare it to Trump's. Who is most likely telling the truth?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

domer76 (06-17-2019), Joe Capitalist (06-14-2019), LV426 (06-14-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    BECAUSE MCGAHN REFUSED TO DO IT.You say the dumbest shit. Check McGahn's reputation and compare it to Trump's. Who is most likely telling the truth?
    Turd Digester is the biggest Trump Dick Sucker on this forum. Of course he's going to defend Trump (i.e. suck Trump's dick) every chance he gets.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

domer76 (06-17-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Turd Digester is the biggest Trump Dick Sucker on this forum. Of course he's going to defend Trump (i.e. suck Trump's dick) every chance he gets.
    Wrong again you repugnant asshole with severe TDS. I am a defender of the Truth; something you avoid with every damned post. I know, facts make you lie and cry. You have nothing left to cling to be delusions, strawmen and lies.

I am never wrong; you, never right. Cry harder now snowflake. Go back to that padded cell you call your safe space.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's hearsay moron; in a court of law it would get laughed out of the courtroom. I wish you had a brain. But alas, then you wouldn't be the clueless dumbfuck you are. The Party of the Jackass like gullible dumb fucks like you as their constituents.

Once again: NO ONE got fired. NO ONE destroyed evidence. NO ONE refused to cooperate. NO ONE shut down the investigation NO ONE chose not to release the entire report. NO ONE exercised executive privilege.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Even if McGhan had to lock Trump in a closet to keep him from firing Mullet—it would still be a weak obstruction case—because Mullet was never fired and the investigation was never obstructed by Trump. Just the opposite it in fact. Trump waived executive privilege; allowed WH counsel to be interviewed [that took balls, btw] *when he didn’t have to* and etc. A jury would get to hear every bit of that, including whatever exculpatory evidence that would be revealed in discovery.

Prosecutors don’t pad their stats by trotting off to court with weak obstruction cases. Federal prosecutors have nearly a 90% conviction rate *precisely because they don’t* march off to court, half-cocked, just because they really-really bad want to convict a person of a crime. Which is the Democrats problem: they really-really bad want to indict Trump to the extent they’re absolutely unable to think clearly about it. That kind of visceral emotion clouds ones thinking.

Always lol. It’s pointless trying to explain that to these nitwits.

Mullet didn’t have that problem. Mullet may be a weasel but he’s a professional weasel. The ‘not not guilty’ bit was done solely for the benefit of House Democrats and their dreams of impeaching the Bad Orange Man, finally. Mullet knew there was no there-there, but he refused to concede that; and in so doing, proving once and for all that the whole point to the Russian investigation was to get rid of Trump.

And they think we’re too stupid to see that.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bill (06-15-2019), Truth Detector (06-17-2019)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Even if McGhan had to lock Trump in a closet to keep him from firing Mullet—it would still be a weak obstruction case—because Mullet was never fired and the investigation was never obstructed by Trump. Just the opposite it in fact. Trump waived executive privilege; allowed WH counsel to be interviewed [that took balls, btw] *when he didn’t have to* and etc. A jury would get to hear every bit of that, including whatever exculpatory evidence that would be revealed in discovery.

Prosecutors don’t pad their stats by trotting off to court with weak obstruction cases. Federal prosecutors have nearly a 90% conviction rate *precisely because they don’t* march off to court, half-cocked, just because they really-really bad want to convict a person of a crime. Which is the Democrats problem: they really-really bad want to indict Trump to the extent they’re absolutely unable to think clearly about it. That kind of visceral emotion clouds ones thinking.

Mullet didn’t have that problem. Mullet may be a weasel but he’s a professional weasel. The ‘not not guilty’ bit was done solely for the benefit of House Democrats and their dreams of impeaching the Bad Orange Man, finally. Mullet knew there was no there-there, but he refused to concede that; and in so doing, proving once and for all that the whole point to the Russian investigation was to get rid of Trump.

IMHO that is a weakness but there is a lot more investigating, & investigating the investigations so we will be @ this while the bridges crumble..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

CORRECT!

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

FACTUAL RESULTS OF THE OBSTRUCTION INVESTIGATION”

A. The Campaign's Response to Reports About Russian Support for Trump
    B. The President's Conduct Concerning the Investigation of Michael Flynn
    C. The President's Reaction to Public Confirmation of the FBl's Russia Investigation
    D. Events Leading Up To and Surrounding the Termination of FBI Director Corney
    E. The President's Efforts to Remove the Special Counsel
    F. The President's Efforts to Curtail the Special Counsel Investigation
    H. The President's Further Efforts to Have the Attorney General Take Over the Investigation
    I. The President Orders McGahn to Deny that the President Tried to Fire the Special Counsel
    J. The President's Conduct Towards Flynn, Manafort,
    K. The President's Conduct Involving Michael Cohen

Refer to E, F and I. The details are in Volume II.

Try something different for once, ignoramus. Try to read it and actually educate yourself.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

How does lying make him look like a good lawyer.? Can Trump ever make sense? He blew his reputation when he agreed to work for Trump.
    I'd argue his reputation was blown long before he worked for Trump.

The Conservative movement's reputation has been blown for 40 years. It's just been running on bad faith this whole time.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (06-14-2019), TTQ64 (06-14-2019)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

Your link leads nowhere you repugnant dunce. It's Trumps word against McGahns. The documentation within the Mueller report is hearsay. We don't prosecute people over hearsay you willful idiot. We are still not a lawless, third world shit hole Democrats want to turn us into.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Wolverine (06-14-2019)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your link leads nowhere you repugnant dunce. It's Trumps word against McGahns. The documentation within the Mueller report is hearsay. We don't prosecute people over hearsay you willful idiot. We are still not a lawless, third world shit hole Democrats want to turn us into.
    TOO CHICKENSHIT to dare to look it up yourself? Of course you won't. L i s t e n!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-17-2019)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    TOO CHICKENSHIT to dare to look it up yourself? Of course you won't. L i s t e n!
    What part of It's Trumps word against McGahns. The documentation within the Mueller report is hearsay are you having so much difficulty comprehending snowflake?

Trumps exact words: “I don't care what he says, It doesn't matter.” "Because he wanted to make himself look like a good lawyer,"

Again for the whiny loonies still claiming the Mueller Hoax wasn't a hoax: