Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden leads trump 13 Points Nationally

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Biden isn't going to end up as the nominee.

His support is already starting to deteriorate as Warren's galvanizes.

The only two candidates who I think are serious are Sanders and Warren.

Warren would be the best President, but I think Sanders has a better shot at destroying Trump at the polls.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    inform yourself..

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-and-whos-out/
    It's almost debate time! On June 26 and 27, 20 candidates will gather in Miami to take part in the first Democratic presidential primary debates
    20 participants will make the debates useless. They have less than 5 minutes each. They will respond to 2questions each. All they can do is show a presidential attitude and not fuck up.
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 06-14-2019 at 02:09 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

LV426 (06-14-2019)

4. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Biden isn't going to end up as the nominee.

His support is already starting to deteriorate as Warren's galvanizes.

The only two candidates who I think are serious are Sanders and Warren.

Warren would be the best President, but I think Sanders has a better shot at destroying Trump at the polls.
    Bernie vs trump??? lol Brooklyn Vs queens, you know queens is gonna always lose to Brooklyn...........

Many are already predicting Joe's demise & they/you could all be right.. I do like some of the things he has been saying about bi-partisanship but watching him I don't see a lot of passion or charisma, but maybe that is just his style??

I don't know if either of them can beat trump, they are both seen as "severe" leftists, which I don't agree w/, more like FDR & 60's moderate republican, but they need to sell that..

IMHO both can present a very good argument, & based on facts, not emotions etc, but they need to attract/appeal to ppl, get them to listen to their POV, especially ppl that may not necessarily be drawn to them........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Bernie vs trump??? lol Brooklyn Vs queens, you know queens is gonna always lose to Brooklyn...........

Many are already predicting Joe's demise & they/you could all be right.. I do like some of the things he has been saying about bi-partisanship but watching him I don't see a lot of passion or charisma, but maybe that is just his style??

I don't know if either of them can beat trump, they are both seen as "severe" leftists, which I don't agree w/, more like FDR & 60's moderate republican, but they need to sell that..

IMHO both can present a very good argument, & based on facts, not emotions etc, but they need to attract/appeal to ppl, get them to listen to their POV, especially ppl that may not necessarily be drawn to them........
    I feel like Biden is phoning it in, and has that same sense of entitlement that Clinton had in 2016.

Honestly, I think Trump's re-election prospects are very grim.

I don't believe he will even reach the 62 million votes he got last time.

But turnout is what is going to be important because Trump is going to try and steal the election with Russia's help.

So we need turnout north of 60%, and I think Bernie can get it through sheer force of personality, and I think Warren can get it through sheer force of her proposals and plans.

I don't think Trump will even get 60,000,000 votes this time around.

6. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-15-2019)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2019)

8. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Also, we don't need bipartisanship.

You can't compromise with people of bad faith. And Conservatism is nothing but bad faith.

Just look at how Conservatives conduct themselves in bad faith on these boards, and you see that it's the same conduct of the GOP in elected office.

They're the same people.

The trolls on this message board believe, think, and act the same way the trolls in elected office act. There is no distinction between the two.

The GOP is America's Fascist, Troll Party.

9. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-15-2019)

10. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I feel like Biden is phoning it in, and has that same sense of entitlement that Clinton had in 2016.

Honestly, I think Trump's re-election prospects are very grim.

I don't believe he will even reach the 62 million votes he got last time.

But turnout is what is going to be important because Trump is going to try and steal the election with Russia's help.

So we need turnout north of 60%, and I think Bernie can get it through sheer force of personality, and I think Warren can get it through sheer force of her proposals and plans.

I don't think Trump will even get 60,000,000 votes this time around.
    I agree phoning a lot of it in, I dunno about the entitlement though, but honestly I don't think I know him that much. I get the vibe, again, could be totally off, that he is flattered that they are finally wanting him to run, but he has lots off miles on him already & running & possibly winning is a greatly Yuge task for a dude as old as him & "do I really wanna do this..???

I hope you right about the 60%, I have no idea.. Every day, all day I see trump, this, that, the other, mostly negative & all the others combined don't hold a candle to his domination of each & every news cycle..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-18-2019)

13. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Also, we don't need bipartisanship.

You can't compromise with people of bad faith. And Conservatism is nothing but bad faith.

Just look at how Conservatives conduct themselves in bad faith on these boards, and you see that it's the same conduct of the GOP in elected office.

They're the same people.

The trolls on this message board believe, think, and act the same way the trolls in elected office act. There is no distinction between the two.

The GOP is America's Fascist, Troll Party.
    Maybe your party won't need it to win, but it will to govern, & that is what I am most concerned about....

IMHO the country was much better off before we had this us against them in our only two political parties of consequence..

If Biden drops out, that will likely drop from the conversation, which now aint much anyway..

14. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    It's not the same system, and it's only been introduced very lately. .
    really?......wiki dates it to the early 1700s......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (06-15-2019)

16. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Polls are meaningless this far from the election. But a big difference like 14 pts is interesting. Trump has had all the press and his mug is on TV over and over. It seems he is not building his base but losing it.

17. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-15-2019)

18. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Polls are meaningless this far from the election. But a big difference like 14 pts is interesting. Trump has had all the press and his mug is on TV over and over. It seems he is not building his base but losing it.
    What do you think is strategy is??

19. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    You have not acknowledged that a victory margin for a presidential election cannot have more than 3 digits. It appears that you are having trouble accepting the fact that Trump really did kick Hillary's as 306 to 232, and that you are coping with your Trump derangement syndrome by clinging to a more comforting vote tally that doesn't even determine who wins the Oval Office.
    Do stop trying to talk with your arse, and find out what public opinion polls do, there's a good mug.

20. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    really?......wiki dates it to the early 1700s......
    Prime Ministers are chosen by the Sovereign to run the Government, and we saw to it that the person chosen had to have the backing of a Parliamentary majority. Of late the Party Leader (and therefore prospective or actual Prime Minister) is voted on by all party members, and in the case of the Tories these members are few and ageing. What you are trying to say, I think, is that we don't have direct democracy. No, we don't, and the few attempts to use it have been utter disasters. The notion is that we elect people who know something about matters to make decisions, and if we don't like those decisions, we vote 'em out. Parliament doesn't always represent the overall vote, certainly - the Labour Party in 1951 got the biggest vote ever recorded for a political party till then - and lost. That is a very different thing, however, from setting up a special committee deliberately to [B]negate[B] the people's choice. We leave that to truly advanced capitalism!

21. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Prime Ministers are chosen by the Sovereign to run the Government, and we saw to it that the person chosen had to have the backing of a Parliamentary majority. Of late the Party Leader (and therefore prospective or actual Prime Minister) is voted on by all party members, and in the case of the Tories these members are few and ageing. What you are trying to say, I think, is that we don't have direct democracy. No, we don't, and the few attempts to use it have been utter disasters. The notion is that we elect people who know something about matters to make decisions, and if we don't like those decisions, we vote 'em out. Parliament doesn't always represent the overall vote, certainly - the Labour Party in 1951 got the biggest vote ever recorded for a political party till then - and lost. That is a very different thing, however, from setting up a special committee deliberately to [B]negate[B] the people's choice. We leave that to truly advanced capitalism!
    that doesn't take into account the fact that you are even farther removed from having direct elections than we are........

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (06-15-2019)

23. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    that doesn't take into account the fact that you are even farther removed from having direct elections than we are........
    I don't think so. Sometimes, under both systems, because some 'constituencies' can throw up huge majorities which are negated by say, two or three with much narrower ones, but we try very hard to redraw those boundaries to make the results more representative, which you can't do with states. It made sense when those states were pretty well separate countries, like the EU countries today, but now it seems to merely to negate the popular will.