Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 92

Thread: How Conservatives Took Over YouTube

  1. #61 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,994
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 649 Times in 584 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 29 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It does when so many people get their news and opinions from Youtube.
    Youtube isn't news. Do you really think Youtube is a news source??


  2. #62 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6,120
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 969 Times in 796 Posts
    Groans
    75
    Groaned 275 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Youtube isn't news. Do you really think Youtube is a news source??
    Depends on the channel, but that's not the point. The point is a lot of people believe it's news. You're just too stupid to understand that's what the discussion was about.

  3. #63 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,994
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 649 Times in 584 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 29 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Depends on the channel, but that's not the point. The point is a lot of people believe it's news. You're just too stupid to understand that's what the discussion was about.
    Youtube is not news. Get a clue.

  4. #64 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6,120
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 969 Times in 796 Posts
    Groans
    75
    Groaned 275 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Youtube is not news. Get a clue.
    I'm saying people THINK it is news. Are you too stupid to understand this?

  5. #65 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,994
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 649 Times in 584 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 29 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I'm saying people THINK it is news. Are you too stupid to understand this?
    Youtube is not news. Get a clue.

  6. #66 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 97 Times in 72 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 37 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I know enough to know that conservative Youtubers are way more popular, and there is a lot more of them, than liberal Youtubers.
    If you say so.

    I think, perhaps, you’re mis-reading the statistics and the causation thereof.

    For example, liberals/moderates like me are fairly happy people. If I see a video that I agree with or a video that I disagree with, I may comment on the video but likely not. Really, what would the point of the commentary be? I just watched a video about the Texas Prison System. It has 58,000-59,000 view. If comments were enabled about the video, what would the point of my commenting be? Is the publisher going to say, “wow…one of the 60K viewers thought ________”. Who really gives a flip? I don’t so I wouldn’t comment on it. Now, that being said, I may share the video with some folks. But being a liberal/moderate, most of my contact lists are liberal/moderate friends and acquaintances. They may or may not view it but, being happy people that they are, they likely won’t do much more than that.

    Now consider the conservative folks here. As you can tell from the first comment “you don’t know shit….”….they are just small hateful people. So when they see something that confirms their hatred, they are more likely to share it because they have found something that confirms their wrongheaded thought processes. In ordinary daily life, they don’t see that very often; granted more so now that Trump is the President and he has morphed Archie Bunker’s outlook on society into the mainstream—what was written as off-the-wall comedy is now given serious consideration.

    You also have to ask yourself, who are they sharing it with? Most likely it is the equally “marginalized” peons who picture themselves as oppressed because of their views when it is most often because of their poor manners, lack of civility, general hatred, and rampant paranoia. You see that here daily.

    So I assert that “popularity” isn’t what you’re seeing. What you are seeing is people motivated by perceived slight who want to try to legitimize what is, at it’s core, illegitimate. You may see big numbers (if that isn’t something that is bought and paid for) but what you’re not seeing is measurable impact associated with those numbers. And you won’t see it because in the mainstream, nutty ideas like a wall from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico is a non-starter, as is deporting 20 million people, as is Mexico paying for it all, as is the Space Force, as is military parades, as is….

  7. #67 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6,120
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 969 Times in 796 Posts
    Groans
    75
    Groaned 275 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post
    If you say so.

    I think, perhaps, you’re mis-reading the statistics and the causation thereof.

    For example, liberals/moderates like me are fairly happy people. If I see a video that I agree with or a video that I disagree with, I may comment on the video but likely not. Really, what would the point of the commentary be? I just watched a video about the Texas Prison System. It has 58,000-59,000 view. If comments were enabled about the video, what would the point of my commenting be? Is the publisher going to say, “wow…one of the 60K viewers thought ________”. Who really gives a flip? I don’t so I wouldn’t comment on it. Now, that being said, I may share the video with some folks. But being a liberal/moderate, most of my contact lists are liberal/moderate friends and acquaintances. They may or may not view it but, being happy people that they are, they likely won’t do much more than that.

    Now consider the conservative folks here. As you can tell from the first comment “you don’t know shit….”….they are just small hateful people. So when they see something that confirms their hatred, they are more likely to share it because they have found something that confirms their wrongheaded thought processes. In ordinary daily life, they don’t see that very often; granted more so now that Trump is the President and he has morphed Archie Bunker’s outlook on society into the mainstream—what was written as off-the-wall comedy is now given serious consideration.

    You also have to ask yourself, who are they sharing it with? Most likely it is the equally “marginalized” peons who picture themselves as oppressed because of their views when it is most often because of their poor manners, lack of civility, general hatred, and rampant paranoia. You see that here daily.

    So I assert that “popularity” isn’t what you’re seeing. What you are seeing is people motivated by perceived slight who want to try to legitimize what is, at it’s core, illegitimate. You may see big numbers (if that isn’t something that is bought and paid for) but what you’re not seeing is measurable impact associated with those numbers. And you won’t see it because in the mainstream, nutty ideas like a wall from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico is a non-starter, as is deporting 20 million people, as is Mexico paying for it all, as is the Space Force, as is military parades, as is….
    I agree with like 90% of all that. However, we're now living in an age where people are getting their opinions and outlook on the Zeitgeist from Youtube. Yeah, I think that Conservatives are generally angry people who are more likely to comment, share videos, and also make videos. But there are also lots of younger people who aren't political that still voted for Trump because they see him as the edgy Anti-SJW choice. The video I posted talks about how the cool thing used to be to rail against the Christian Conservatives who wanted to censure things, but now it's Feminists and anti-white cucks who want to censur things. I absolutely believe that Gamergate helped Trump get elected.
    And there are way more marginalized Incels than most of us think. They've never voted before, they aren't political, but they now have a voice on Youtube. This is affecting the real world, whether we like it or not.

  8. #68 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 97 Times in 72 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 37 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    And there are way more marginalized Incels than most of us think. They've never voted before, they aren't political, but they now have a voice on Youtube. This is affecting the real world, whether we like it or not.
    True. It is one more reason for the anger…they are frustrated on so many levels.

  9. #69 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 47 Times in 46 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Name some Conservatives who were demonetized or banned from Youtube who did NOT break the rules.
    So called rules that were forced by liars without validity labeling people who expose their lies as haters etc. to try and hide that these sickos forcing such so called rules have no validity.
    We are in an endless duration of constant change where the only thing that doesn't change is that change occurs because energy, matter and time are always present

  10. #70 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6,120
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 969 Times in 796 Posts
    Groans
    75
    Groaned 275 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Jeffrey Spetch View Post
    So called rules that were forced by liars without validity labeling people who expose their lies as haters etc. to try and hide that these sickos forcing such so called rules have no validity.

  11. #71 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,199
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Groans
    138
    Groaned 295 Times in 275 Posts

    Default

    Nothing is sacred in the world. Not YouTube- Not even the White House- Not even religion!

    Because evil will inevitably always find a way to exploit, to corrupt, to smear, to raise anger and fear, to confuse, and distract. Build it- and evil will come!

    We've all been to public restrooms, and we've seen what's written on the bathroom walls.

    Long before YouTube, Simon and Garfunkle referred to it as the Sound Of Silence- ""The words of the prophets are written on the subway wall and tenement halls."

    The sounds are not so silent anymore because of the internet and the information and media available on sites like YouTube, Facebook, and many other private sites with a clear mission in mind- whether it be a good or bad one, right or wrong, or true or false- they all exist- it's all there- nothing is left unrepresented.

    We decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong, what is real and what is fake, what is true and what is false.

    "Late Lament"[Moody Blues]

    Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
    Watch lights fade from every room.
    Bedsitter people look back and lament,
    Another day's useless energy spent.
    Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
    Lonely man cries for love and has none.
    New mother picks up and suckles her son,
    Senior citizens wish they were young.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
    Removes the colours from our sight.
    Red is grey and yellow white.
    But we decide which is right.
    And which is an illusion?
    Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 06-15-2019 at 09:43 AM.

  12. #72 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,994
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 649 Times in 584 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 29 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I agree with like 90% of all that. However, we're now living in an age where people are getting their opinions and outlook on the Zeitgeist from Youtube. Yeah, I think that Conservatives are generally angry people who are more likely to comment, share videos, and also make videos. But there are also lots of younger people who aren't political that still voted for Trump because they see him as the edgy Anti-SJW choice. The video I posted talks about how the cool thing used to be to rail against the Christian Conservatives who wanted to censure things, but now it's Feminists and anti-white cucks who want to censur things. I absolutely believe that Gamergate helped Trump get elected.
    And there are way more marginalized Incels than most of us think. They've never voted before, they aren't political, but they now have a voice on Youtube. This is affecting the real world, whether we like it or not.
    Youtube isn't news. Neither is facebook. Neither is any forum.
    People have a voice on all of these, but they are not news. Youtube, Facebook, and several forums have actively shut down conservatives just for their political opinion.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    tinfoil (06-15-2019)

  14. #73 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,399
    Thanks
    2,978
    Thanked 3,825 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Groans
    1,229
    Groaned 449 Times in 410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    They took over because liberals became drooling idiots pushing degeneracy and willfully trying to destroy western culture.

    Watch them deny it
    Quick, send those on-site researchers some computer models

  15. #74 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,399
    Thanks
    2,978
    Thanked 3,825 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Groans
    1,229
    Groaned 449 Times in 410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Youtube isn't news. Neither is facebook. Neither is any forum.
    People have a voice on all of these, but they are not news. Youtube, Facebook, and several forums have actively shut down conservatives just for their political opinion.
    Or for making sense, like the scientist banned for talking about his science literature concerning two genders. Or climate skeptics posting the actual data.
    Quick, send those on-site researchers some computer models

  16. #75 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6,120
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 969 Times in 796 Posts
    Groans
    75
    Groaned 275 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    They took over because liberals became drooling idiots pushing degeneracy and willfully trying to destroy western culture.

    Watch them deny it
    Are you trolling again?

Similar Threads

  1. YouTube kicks conservatives off; promotes kiddy porn
    By Legion in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-08-2019, 01:06 PM
  2. The Politics of Youtube
    By Ender in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2019, 09:31 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 11:22 AM
  4. My first Youtube video
    By Beefy in forum In Memoriam
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 08:02 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •