Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican presidents never had a boss.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That’s a totally different topic. Not what’s being discussed here

ALL politicians appeal to fear and ignorance. Like I said, you (the general you) are free to believe “your side” doesn’t engage in it. That would be a lie however
    That is the direction you took it in up above, and as I said, yes, all politicians do appeal in that direction, but is has been the direction the GOP has gone in recent years and the example of Trump I offered is the perfect proof

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

If this thread is just mindless partisan sh*t talking how did a “competent, educated, intelligent, capable” person vote to authorize the Iraq War?
    or bombed Libya into a failed terrorist state that is STILL in shooting civil war 8 years later?

God save us all from the "capable" hands of Hillary

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    But currently he is the head of the Republican Party, and there haven't been a whole lot of Republican leaders who have disagreed with him
    How many Dem leaders disagreed with Obama?

Did you see the cowardly Republicans quiver and shake with fear over Mexican tariffs?
    They are as bad as Democrats when it comes to backing Trump on the wall/tariffs etc.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Partially, but there is a reason that Trump regularly appears on "Fox and Friends" plus Fox's nightly demogogues shows, you can't come up with anything that even closely resembles the same for Democrat candidates
    Fake news? CNN? WAPO?? -these are Democratic mouthpieces or simple #Trumphaters

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

That is the direction you took it in up above, and as I said, yes, all politicians do appeal in that direction, but is has been the direction the GOP has gone in recent years and the example of Trump I offered is the perfect proof
    Notice I didn’t claim Republicans don’t appeal to fear and ignorance? But if you want to argue Democrat don’t be my guest. Honestly, I could use the humor at the moment

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    How many Dem leaders disagreed with Obama?

Did you see the cowardly Republicans quiver and shake with fear over Mexican tariffs?
    They are as bad as Democrats when it comes to backing Trump on the wall/tariffs etc.
    Love those that jump into a thread not knowing what it being discussed

But to reply to your question, how often did Obama purposely play the demagogue manipulating any media to appeal to the less of his base?

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Notice I didn’t claim Republicans don’t appeal to fear and ignorance? But if you want to argue Democrat don’t be my guest. Honestly, I could use the humor at the moment
    Didn't say they didn't, but never have you seen a Democrat leader play the demogogue by design on a public vehicle that not only allows such behavior but permotes it, mere fact above you couldn't cite a Democrat equivalent to what Trump is doing now pretty much confirms such

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But to reply to your question, how often did Obama purposely play the demagogue manipulating any media to appeal to the less of his base?
    I replied directly to your post -how is that jumping anything?

Obama/Dems used the soft ignorance of perpetuating that minorities are victims of racism.
    The entire Democratic party is based on ID politics, or white males are keeping them down. -look at the Hillary campaign.

It creates a victim class that only Dems can solve. It's a terrible divisive campaign when Hillary
    cared only about the "sisters" votes.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fake news? CNN? WAPO?? -these are Democratic mouthpieces or simple #Trumphaters
    Cite us four leading demogoues that appear in prime time nightly on any "news" network other than Fox.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I replied directly to your post -how is that jumping anything?

Obama/Dems used the soft ignorance of perpetuating that minorities are victims of racism.
    The entire Democratic party is based on ID politics, or white males are keeping them down. -look at the Hillary campaign.

It creates a victim class that only Dems can solve. It's a terrible divisive campaign when Hillary
    cared only about the "sisters" votes.
    Wrong, but regardless, with all that, you never addressed the question I presented

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Didn't say they didn't, but never have you seen a Democrat leader play the demogogue by design on a public vehicle that not only allows such behavior but permotes it, mere fact above you couldn't cite a Democrat equivalent to what Trump is doing now pretty much confirms such
    I have zero interest in getting into a debate on a troll thread about the levels of ignorance and stupidity Democratic and republican politicians use in appealing to voters. It’s a standard tactic used by almost all and those that argued ITT that their “side” doesn’t do it are full of sh*t

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Could you further explain the bolded phrase above, please?

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cite us four leading demogoues that appear in prime time nightly on any "news" network other than Fox.
    first off they are not demogoges. The openly say they are opinion shows.
    I mean Hannity and Carlson and Ingraham all say they are not hard news, but news analysis

Now compare that with CNN Don Lemon ( the only asshat i'm familiar with on that propaganda network).

Do you recall the NYTimes openly claimed they had to be "advocacy journalists" (WTF that means)
    to stop the danger of a Trump presidency?

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have zero interest in getting into a debate on a troll thread about the levels of ignorance and stupidity Democratic and republican politicians use in appealing to voters. It’s a standard tactic used by almost all and those that argued ITT that their “side” doesn’t do it are full of sh*t
    Last time, I agreed with you three times, but also added as the thread evolved into demonstrating to you how it has become the strategdy of the GOP, even gave you clear examples employing Trump as the current leader of that party

Easily dismissed with the "they all do it," but some do it much more and in an orchestrated effort than the other

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

first off they are not demogoges. The openly say they are opinion shows.
    I mean Hannity and Carlson and Ingraham all say they are not hard news, but news analysis

Now compare that with CNN Don Lemon ( the only asshat i'm familiar with on that propaganda network).

Do you recall the NYTimes openly claimed they had to be "advocacy journalists" (WTF that means)
    to stop the danger of a Trump presidency?
    Lemon, Cuomo, ... then switch to CNBC and you can just about pick any one of them ... Maddow, Brzenzski, Todd. Flaming liberals, all of them. Undeniably so.