Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willaimson: A Fresh Voice On The National Political Scene. A Voice of Unity & Caring.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Willaimson: A Fresh Voice On The National Political Scene. A Voice of Unity & Caring.

"Our government is now little more than a system of legalized bribery, and our traditional political establishment at its best is a container for an obsolete conversation about democracy, and values, and people. It has become an entity unto itself, more and more disconnected from the everyday lives that are led by people throughout the country."

Marianne Williamson Is An Outsider Running For President

Conservatives, time to shut the blinders. Don't listen to her. Her message is not meant for you.

Independents, this is your candidate. Tired of the politics of hatred and corruption? Here is a grass roots candidate who is for a strong military, but against pointless military build-ups whose only purpose is enriching military contractors. Williamson says give the pentagon the tools it asks for, no more. Imagine such a thing. We havn't seen that for a long time.

And yes. Let's actually have a Department of Peace.

Let us have a government agency whose goal it is to make peace happen. Make peace strong and lasting.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Marianne Williamson already has millions of followers. She's a best-selling book writer.

She speaks well. She's got charisma.

I like her.

Check her out.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-08-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (06-08-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-16-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Okay, I read the article and she seems like a fine human being. She doesn't have a snowball's chance as a candidate. I even began to wonder if she wasn't just promoting her next book.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-07-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Controlled Opposition,

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Okay, I read the article and she seems like a fine human being. She doesn't have a snowball's chance as a candidate. I even began to wonder if she wasn't just promoting her next book.
    Well you know a lot of people said Trump didn't have a snowball's chance, either.

but then he had Putin on his side...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-08-2019)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-16-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Well you know a lot of people said Trump didn't have a snowball's chance, either.

but then he had Putin on his side...
    t's time to put the Putin excuse away. It didn't pan out.

I meant to comment on an earlier exchange of posts between Owl and yourself.

Yours is a losing tactic. Constant fear-mongering and absurd, petty complaints will not help the blue team defeat President Trump in the next presidential election.

I would appreciate your opinion of the video linked below.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Earl (06-08-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

t's time to put the Putin excuse away. It didn't pan out.
    You can say that, but it's still false. Russian interference aimed at installing Trump is well documented in the Mueller Report. Believing otherwise is pointless.

I meant to comment on an earlier exchange of posts between Owl and yourself.

Yours is a losing tactic. Constant fear-mongering and absurd, petty complaints will not help the blue team defeat President Trump in the next presidential election.
    You are entitled to your opinion. It is true blue American to criticize the president where appropriate. Our Democracy depends on it.

I would appreciate your opinion of the video linked below.
    Cop is doing a good job. It is a sad situation. Capitalism created that, yet has no place for those people. A national free counseling program might help. We should tax the rich to pay for programs to help them.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-08-2019)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

You can say that, but it's still false. Russian interference aimed at installing Trump is well documented in the Mueller Report. Believing otherwise is pointless.

You are entitled to your opinion. It is true blue American to criticize the president where appropriate. Our Democracy depends on it.

Cop is doing a good job. It is a sad situation. Capitalism created that, yet has no place for those people. A national free counseling program might help. We should tax the rich to pay for programs to help them.
    Did Mullet quantify the Putin effect on the election and compare it to past Russian attempts at interference?

We already have a Departure of Peace—it’s called the State Department lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (06-08-2019), Earl (06-08-2019)

16. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, let's put the "Department of Peace" right next to the the "Department of Unicorns, Lollipops and Rainbows". And I'm sure she is a great writer...of fiction, of course
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (06-08-2019), Earl (06-08-2019)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Yeah, let's put the "Department of Peace" right next to the the "Department of Unicorns, Lollipops and Rainbows". And I'm sure she is a great writer...of fiction, of course
    Peace is not the lack of war.

War is the lack of peace.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Peace is not the lack of war.

War is the lack of peace.
    I got the same fortune cookie last week(I was hungry again 30 minutes later). Tell me, what do you think are the purposes of the state department and the department of defense? I've heard this "Department of Peace" blather since I was a mini-hippy in the early 70's. If you want to get an idea how it would work, try to break up a fight between two feral cats by trying to physically intervene and yelling, "can't we just talk about it?!"
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

dukkha (06-08-2019), Earl (06-08-2019)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I got the same fortune cookie last week(I was hungry again 30 minutes later). Tell me, what do you think are the purposes of the state department and the department of defense? I've heard this "Department of Peace" blather since I was a mini-hippy in the early 70's. If you want to get an idea how it would work, try to break up a fight between two feral cats by trying to physically intervene and yelling, "can't we just talk about it?!"
    Funny.

The State Dept handles diplomacy with other nations and the DOD runs the military. Pretty different missions.

Neither focuses specifically on peace, although peace is the hopeful goal of both.

The DOD got a name change a while back. It was previously called the War Department.

The name change had to do with image.

Image would be a good reason to have a Dept Of Peace.

23. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-08-2019)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I guess it’s the beauty of a message board like this that we can have discussions over an abstract idea like a “Department of Peace”.

Would said department work in connection with other government agencies? Or would it be a check on other gov agencies and their actions?

If folks are sitting in a hippie drum circle high AF I’m sure such an agency sounds like a great idea.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Earl (06-09-2019)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I guess it’s the beauty of a message board like this that we can have discussions over an abstract idea like a “Department of Peace”.

Would said department work in connection with other government agencies? Or would it be a check on other gov agencies and their actions?

If folks are sitting in a hippie drum circle high AF I’m sure such an agency sounds like a great idea.
    I didn’t know what AF meant until a few weeks ago I picked up a beef stick to munch on while we were fishing. I bit into it and the damn thing set my mouth on fire. Then I looked at the wrapper and it said HOT AF on it. I had beads of sweat rolling off my head by the time I figured it out.

It really was HOT AF lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (06-09-2019), Earl (06-09-2019)

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

I don't think that's what Williamson has in mind.

But I get it.

She's running for the Dem nomination so you can't be objective.

You have no valid objection to her, so you simply mock her.

Hint: A more pointed criticism of her might be to question her foreign affairs knowledge.

Going after her lack of experience holding office is out. She's never held a public office in her life. But then neither had Trump.

Maybe an outsider who isn't a greedy conman, someone who truly wants to unite the nation, bring peace within our own borders, is just what America needs.

Obviously this extreme division and hatred is not working very well for the whole nation, and is bound to fail.

And it is such a waste of resources to anger half the nation, to have so many disgruntled citizens. How can that possibly work?

What do you conservatives do? Just imagine that half the nation is going to roll over and shut up and take it?

Trump policy is like a match in the dynamite shack. You don't lead a nation by alienating half of it.

29. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-09-2019)

30. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I didn’t know what AF meant until a few weeks ago I picked up a beef stick to munch on while we were fishing. I bit into it and the damn thing set my mouth on fire. Then I looked at the wrapper and it said HOT AF on it. I had beads of sweat rolling off my head by the time I figured it out.

It really was HOT AF lol.
    Hahahahaha. Gotta admit i wasn’t familiar with the term either until four or five months ago.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Darth Omar (06-08-2019)

32. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

I don't think that's what Williamson has in mind.

But I get it.

She's running for the Dem nomination so you can't be objective.

You have no valid objection to her, so you simply mock her.

Hint: A more pointed criticism of her might be to question her foreign affairs knowledge.

Going after her lack of experience holding office is out. She's never held a public office in her life. But then neither had Trump.

Maybe an outsider who isn't a greedy conman, someone who truly wants to unite the nation, bring peace within our own borders, is just what America needs.

Obviously this extreme division and hatred is not working very well for the whole nation, and is bound to fail.

And it is such a waste of resources to anger half the nation, to have so many disgruntled citizens. How can that possibly work?

What do you conservatives do? Just imagine that half the nation is going to roll over and shut up and take it?

Trump policy is like a match in the dynamite shack. You don't lead a nation by alienating half of it.
    Wow! Is she a family member? You’re taking this awfully personal.

My post wasn’t about her, her running for President or Trump.

Read what I wrote. I responded to the idea of a Department of Peace and Callinectes saying the idea had been around since he was a mini hippie in the ‘70’s.

Edit: And yes, I asked how a Department of Peace would operate or function.
    Last edited by cawacko; 06-09-2019 at 06:47 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Earl (06-09-2019)