Thread: Biden reverses long-held position on abortion funding amid criticism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Biden reverses long-held position on abortion funding amid criticism

Biden once believed it was wrong to murder unborn children. Now he believes it is just swell to do so and force taxpayers to fund Murder Inc., Planned Parenthood.

"Former Vice President Joe Biden says he now wants to throw out the Hyde Amendment, dropping his long-held support for the measure that blocks federal funds from being used for most abortions amid criticism from his 2020 Democratic rivals.

“If I believe health care is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone’s ZIP code,” he said.

The Hyde Amendment is a four-decade-old ban on federal dollars being used for abortions except in cases of rape, incest or when the woman’s life is in danger.

Biden’s campaign on Wednesday said he still supported the Hyde Amendment — a position that put him to the right of all other leading 2020 Democratic contenders, as well as Hillary Clinton and the party’s platform in 2016."

Strongly held convictions are not a part of this weasel's makeup.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40607698...amid-criticism
    Last edited by Earl; 06-07-2019 at 07:34 AM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

“In a 1994 letter to voters he bragged that he'd "on no fewer than 50 occasions" voted against federal funding of abortions.
    He told the Catholic Diocese Newspaper that "abortion is wrong from the moment of conception."
    He even once voted for an amendment to allow states to overturn Roe, a measure that didn't pass and that he considered "the single most difficult vote I've cast as a Senator."

CNN

Strongly held convictions are not a part of this weasel's makeup.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

DEMOCRATS reminded him that babies are for groping, so now Joe wants them to live, Earl.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

His beliefs about abortion and the absolute religious control over women's bodies and life decisions is outside the Dem mainstream. He is trying to slide left to win the nomination. If rightys actually did some homework they would approve of Biden.I see Bernie, Biden and Trump as too fucking old to run. Trump is showing brain damage. The inability to concentrate and very slow reading are a couple of clues.His inconsistency is another, You never know what will pop out of his foodhole.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    His beliefs about abortion and the absolute religious control over women's bodies and life decisions is outside the Dem mainstream. He is trying to slide left to win the nomination. If rightys actually did some homework they would approve of Biden.I see Bernie, Biden and Trump as too fucking old to run. Trump is showing brain damage. The inability to concentrate and very slow reading are a couple of clues.His inconsistency is another, You never know what will pop out of his foodhole.
    I really want the debates and hearing ideas. I just think the younger candidates have fresh ideas. I respect the experiences of the older candidate, but I’m excited about variety of younger candidates.