Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YES!!! FCC allows AT&T, Verizon & others to block more suspected robocalls.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default YES!!! FCC allows AT&T, Verizon & others to block more suspected robocalls.

By Tony Romm June 6 at 11:08 AM

The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday approved new rules that could make it easier for AT&T, Verizon and other telecom giants to block suspected spam calls on behalf of their subscribers, a move meant to crack down on the ever-worsening scourge a month after robocallers rang Americans’ phones nearly 5 billion times.

Under the order, telecom carriers now have a legal green-light to enroll consumers in their call-blocking services by default, as opposed to waiting for customers to sign up for such tools on their own. The change would “make it easier for consumers” to get robocall relief, said FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, noting that many people often are unaware such technology exists in the first place.

“There is one thing in our country that unites Republicans and Democrats,” Pai said. “They are sick and tired of being bothered by unwanted robocalls.”

Pai’s proposal cleared the commission with bipartisan support, but not without some reservations from Democratic Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel, who expressed concern that the agency did not require AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile to offer their call-blocking services for free. The omission could lead to higher prices on subscribers’ monthly wireless bills, she warned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ted-robocalls/

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

When ? Cant come too fast !!!
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Verizon has already started. I don't know about the others..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is sad here is I have t-mobile & I have received more in the last week than I did last year.......

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

They (robos) are feeling it, called at 9:36pm last night.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Bill (06-26-2019)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol, I had one last night around then as well.... Same # had called earlier, it came up likely scam, I refused the call & added it to block #........ Ones I hate are the ones that go to voice mail..

Earlier today I had one call me while sitting in the dentist office.. Went directly to voice mail & listen to it while walking out it is some kinda threat, arrest warrant out for me from the Acc or something like that...... I guess you call 10,000, some fool will call them back.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Even with nomorobo, they still find ways around it..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

dukkha (06-27-2019), Stretch (06-27-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-27-2019)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just block the #, seems to work on most.. Like flies & Mosquito...lol

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

reservations from Democratic Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel, who expressed concern that the agency did not require AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile to offer their call-blocking services for free. The omission could lead to higher prices on subscribers’ monthly wireless bills, she warned.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hopefully that doesn't happen.......

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't happen.......
    it will,it will be a separate small charge added into the bill

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bill (06-27-2019)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

i do want to hear the other side. Surely there is someone defending robocalls. I wanna see what argument they make.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    i do want to hear the other side. Surely there is someone defending robocalls. I wanna see what argument they make.
    Well only use I found, & it was years ago, when it was an actual person, I would hand the phone to the baby.. After entertaining the baby for five mins or so they usually realize I am enjoying my break & aint coming back on the phone...

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

I think we should remove anonymity from all business phones and all private lines. All numbers issued must be verified by the phone company providing the service. Period.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,598 Times in 2,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    I'm just enjoying seeing everyone applaud a federal agency for using it's power to enhance the quality of life for the population.

You'd think that couldn't happen if you always listened to conservatives.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Aimée (06-27-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-27-2019)