Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy has been waiting because she wants more than just impeachment-JAIL!!

1. #586 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Neither.
    But you've been caught lying.

You lied when Barr couldn't "source" the letter he got directly from Mueller's office on March 28th.

Why did Barr lie about receiving that letter, and why are you lying about the presence of that letter's source?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #587 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    1. Trump didn't say that under oath...he refuses to testify under oath. Gee, I wonder why.

2. Trump is a liar.
    Only 14% of the members of the house supports the above as a reason for impeachment.
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

3. #588 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Barr says he asked Mueller: 'Bob, what's with the letter?'
    This is retconning because it's Barr's explanation now, after having committed perjury in April.

4. #589 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    If the poor senile old shit wins again, it will be evidence of the final degeneracy of America, which has been strongly suggested for some years now by his vacant supporters here and elsewhere, beating their poor, spotty, hollow chests and squeaking fiercely!
    You support baby murder, homosexuality(mental illness) transgender(mental illness) and coveting, tell me again how we are degenerate.

5. #590 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"And he said that they were concerned about the way the media was playing this and felt that it was important to get out the summaries, which they felt would put their work in proper context and avoid some of the confusion that was emerging,"
    Right...Barr didn't put Mueller's summaries out there.

He put his own out there and tried to misrepresent them as Mueller's.

That's what prompted Mueller's letters.

Why did Barr lie on April 20th to the Senate, and why are you lying for him now?

6. #591 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But you've been caught lying.

You lied when Barr couldn't "source" the letter he got directly from Mueller's office on March 28th.

Why did Barr lie about receiving that letter, and why are you lying about the presence of that letter's source?
    That is a quote.

Barr slammed the letter’s tone on Wednesday, suggesting that Mueller did not write it himself.

"The letter’s a bit snitty, and I think it was probably written by one of his staff people," he told the Judiciary panel

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ith-the-letter
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-10-2019)

8. #592 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Barr says he asked Mueller: 'Bob, what's with the letter?'

Attorney General William Barr on Wednesday recalled a conversation he had with special counsel Robert Mueller after the special counsel voiced concerns to him in a letter.

Barr told members of the Senate Judiciary Committee that he was surprised Mueller didn’t simply call him over his concerns about a summary the attorney general sent to Congress in late March about the 22-month probe.

"I said, 'Bob, what’s with the letter? Why don’t you just pick up the phone and call me if there’s an issue?'" Barr said during his testimony before the panel Wednesday.

"And he said that they were concerned about the way the media was playing this and felt that it was important to get out the summaries, which they felt would put their work in proper context and avoid some of the confusion that was emerging," Barr added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ith-the-letter
    This link of yours is after the fact that Barr had already lied before the Senate in April.

Barr got two letters from Mueller, one of those letters has been made public.

Before this link of yours, and before Barr retconned what happened, Barr lied to the Senate. He told the Senate on April 20th that he hadn't received any communication from Mueller. That was untrue. It was only after that exchange before the Senate did this new defense of yours emerge.

9. #593 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

It totally and completely does.
    Why did Barr lie to the Senate in April about getting that letter from Mueller?
    He didn't; NEXT!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Southern Chicken (06-10-2019)

11. #594 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let me stop you right there...

Barr has no credibility, and lied before the Senate in April.

So I don't understand why you continue using Barr in your defense when you already acknowledge in your links that Barr lied to the Senate and that he misrepresented Mueller's report?

Why did Barr lie about his communication with Mueller?

These are questions that will have to be answered.
    He didn't lie; NEXT
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

13. #595 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This link of yours is after the fact that Barr had already lied before the Senate in April.

Barr got two letters from Mueller, one of those letters has been made public.

Before this link of yours, and before Barr retconned what happened, Barr lied to the Senate. He told the Senate on April 20th that he hadn't received any communication from Mueller. That was untrue. It was only after that exchange before the Senate did this new defense of yours emerge.
    He didn't lie; NEXT!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

15. #596 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is retconning because it's Barr's explanation now, after having committed perjury in April.
    Then we have
    "Barr’s response suggests his defense: He understood Crist to be asking if he knew anything about concerns raised by members of Mueller’s team, not by Mueller himself. And Barr had only heard directly from Mueller."

https://www.lawfareblog.com/there-pe...e-against-barr

Please read the link. What does the last sentence say?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-11-2019)

17. #597 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Attorney General William Barr on Wednesday recalled a conversation he had with special counsel Robert Mueller after the special counsel voiced concerns to him in a letter.
    OK, so let's do a little due diligence into your defense here;

1. "On Wednesday" = April 24th at the earliest (the article you semi-linked to is dated May 1st).

2. Barr said to the Senate on April 20th that he hadn't received any communication from Mueller about his summary of Mueller's report.

3. Barr is now saying that he suddenly remembered a conversation -that he couldn't recall on April 20th- with Mueller that a) doesn't fit within the timeline, and b) doesn't explain why Barr lied on April 20th.

4. Barr's recollection only happened after Mueller's March 27th letter was released.

So the timeline doesn't match Barr's explanations; hence, why he has no credibility.

18. #598 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    ‘And he said that they were concerned about the way the media was playing this and felt that it was important to get out the summaries, which they felt would put their work in proper context and avoid some of the confusion that was emerging," Barr added.”

Indeed
    Yeah, Barr didn't release Mueller's Executive Summaries...he released his own.

19. #599 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didnt interview Manafort
    Well, you like to think of yourself as a smart, savvy guy with good instincts and sound judgment, right?

So put those instincts and judgment to work and think of a reason why Manafort, as campaign chair, would share polling data for PA, WI, MI, and MN with Russian spies.

20. #600 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK, so let's do a little due diligence into your defense here;

1. "On Wednesday" = April 24th at the earliest (the article you semi-linked to is dated May 1st).

2. Barr said to the Senate on April 20th that he hadn't received any communication from Mueller about his summary of Mueller's report.

3. Barr is now saying that he suddenly remembered a conversation -that he couldn't recall on April 20th- with Mueller that a) doesn't fit within the timeline, and b) doesn't explain why Barr lied on April 20th.

4. Barr's recollection only happened after Mueller's March 27th letter was released.

So the timeline doesn't match Barr's explanations; hence, why he has no credibility.
    Bottom line I answered your question based on facts.

Barr’s response suggests his defense: He understood Crist to be asking if he knew anything about concerns raised by members of Mueller’s team, not by Mueller himself. And Barr had only heard directly from Mueller.

The attorney general’s comment later in the May 1 hearing that he thought the Mueller letter “was probably written by one of his staff people” complicates the explanation he provided to Durbin. But he could also argue that he understood Crist’s question about “what they’re referencing” to refer to the sources behind the media reports, or what specifically those unknown sources had told reporters—rather than the concerns of Mueller and his team.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/there-pe...e-against-barr

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-11-2019)