Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PBS NewsHour Began Summarizing Mueller Report Last Night. What Did Fox News Do?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    again...you're clueless.
    what should a prosecutor do? investigate and then just throw his report away? was it ok for Comey to investigate and make his recommendation?
    Clearly you want it all swept under the rug.

You can't handle the truth.

Mueller did his job. That left many unanswered questions. Ongoing investigations will provide some answers. It's not over.

Blind allegiance to President Trump is harmful to our freedom.

The Mueller report suggests that Trump wasn't legally elected. Russia interfered with the election.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-05-2019)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Just DO IT already or get off the pot.....and quit whining.
    The rest of the civilized world is moving forward without you.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (06-05-2019), Sailor (06-04-2019)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just DO IT already or get off the pot.....and quit whining.
    The rest of the civilized world is moving forward without you.
    That's delusional.

First of all, you have no basis to deny the results of the Mueller investigation. You never recognized the need for it in the first place..

Secondly, Even though you cannot 'move on' from something you never embraced in the first place, it is NOT the 'rest of the world.' That is -so- delusional. The only people who are desperate to move on from it are the Trump fans. Trump fans have shown a multitude of times that they have a penchant for denying and ignoring very troubling facts about President Trump. Trump is a prophetic habitual liar, a cheat and a con man; and his blindly loyal followers have been conned. That's reality.

Trump only has the meager popularity he does in the USA. The rest of the world is pretty much against him. He has alienated our allies with regularity. They throw pomp and circumstance at him as they mock him behind his back. They are simply placating him because he is so immature and unpredictable they don't want to get him angry. He has shown he doesn't care about anyone and he wields great power. It's a dangerous combination.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-05-2019)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-04-2019)

8. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    You want him to defend himself, don't you?
    One more time, dumbfuck.

"In 1973, the Department of Justice concluded that the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unduly interfere with the ability of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned duties, and would thus violate the constitutional separation of powers. No court has addressed this question directly, but the judicial precedents that bear on the continuing validity of our constitutional analysis are consistent with both the analytic approach taken and the conclusions reached. Our view remains that a sitting President is constitutionally immune from indictment and criminal prosecution.""
    So lol?

Nothing prevented Mullet from *recommending* an indictment or just a plain old conclusion of crimes that were committed—regardless of whether an actual indictment followed.

You’ve been had.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (06-04-2019), Earl (06-05-2019)

10. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    That's delusional.

First of all, you have no basis to deny the results of the Mueller investigation. You never recognized the need for it in the first place..

Secondly, Even though you cannot 'move on' from something you never embraced in the first place, it is NOT the 'rest of the world.' That is -so- delusional. The only people who are desperate to move on from it are the Trump fans. Trump fans have shown a multitude of times that they have a penchant for denying and ignoring very troubling facts about President Trump. Trump is a prophetic habitual liar, a cheat and a con man; and his blindly loyal followers have been conned. That's reality.

Trump only has the meager popularity he does in the USA. The rest of the world is pretty much against him. He has alienated our allies with regularity. They throw pomp and circumstance at him as they mock him behind his back. They are simply placating him because he is so immature and unpredictable they don't want to get him angry. He has shown he doesn't care about anyone and he wields great power. It's a dangerous combination.
    You're out there LOL. I do NOT deny the Mullet results. I've spent all this time (wasted evidently) with you explaining that Mullet said, "I stand by my report."
    Mullet resigned. It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We're on to a new one regarding the origins of the Mullet investigation which has yet to be addressed.
    Everything else you said is your opinion. Go for it.
    Good-bye.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Callinectes (06-04-2019), Sailor (06-04-2019)

12. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    So lol?

Nothing prevented Mullet from *recommending* an indictment or just a plain old conclusion of crimes that were committed—regardless of whether an actual indictment followed.

You’ve been had.
    I can’t dumb it down any more, stupid fuck. Mueller said indictment was not an option nor was any criminal consideration.

“So that was Justice Department policy. Those were the principles under which we operated. And from them, we concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/29/u...ranscript.html
    Last edited by domer76; 06-04-2019 at 03:51 PM.

13. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Robert Mueller said America needs to read the report. But the Report is over 400 pages of some very dry reading. Most Americans will never read that, (since most Americans don't read very much or if they do they read fiction) so last night, PBS NewsHour began summarizing the report for us.

I have to wonder if Fox News did the same thing. Naturally, I can only watch one news show at a time, so I didn't watch Fox News. Is there someone here who watches Fox News and can tell us if they ran a similar summarizing wrap-up of what is in the Mueller Report? (I would be surprised.)

PBS is going to run a series of pieces each night this week summarizing different sections of the Mueller Report. Will Fox News say anything at all about it? Or will they ignore Robert Mueller and pretend it is old news - no longer pertinent. (as expected, since Fox News is so right-biased.)

PBS said the first section of the Mueller Report covers the Russian interference with the 2016 election. The Russians definitely influenced our election and they did their best to get Trump elected. This influence was done in two ways. They ran a very extensive social media campaign in which they spread rumors and false stories, posed as Americans, and even became involved in setting up Trump rallies, coordinated with Trump campaign workers. It is not clear if the Trump campaign workers that the Russians communicated with knew that they were talking to Russians.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

The second way they tried to get Trump elected was by using cyber attacks on computer systems and voting machines. It is not clear if they altered any actual vote tallies. This question is still being investigated, and that's why much of this section of the Mueller Report is redacted. PBS NewsHour said this first section of the Muller report contains the most redactions of the entire report because many of these investigations into the vote tampering attempts are still ongoing and the question of whether the Russians actually changed any vote results for any precincts is still unknown.

This doesn't sound to me like anything that Fox News would report, but I didn't watch Fox News last night, so I wonder if someone who did can tell us if they covered this important area of reporting....

Anybody?
    Someone at FOX is "summarizing" some part of that report 24/7. Maybe PBS has found the secret part written in invisible ink? You know, the part with all the evidence of collusion and obstruction of justice?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

14. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    So lol?

You’ve been had.
    Liar

15. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Someone at FOX is "summarizing" some part of that report 24/7. Maybe PBS has found the secret part written in invisible ink? You know, the part with all the evidence of collusion and obstruction of justice?
    A. The Campaign's Response to Reports About Russian Support for Trump
    B. The President's Conduct Concerning the Investigation of Michael Flynn
    C. The President's Reaction to Public Confirmation of the FBl's Russia Investigation
    D. Events Leading Up To and Surrounding the Termination of FBI Director Corney
    E. The President's Efforts to Remove the Special Counsel
    F. The President's Efforts to Curtail the Special Counsel Investigation
    H. The President's Further Efforts to Have the Attorney General Take Over the Investigation
    I. The President Orders McGahn to Deny that the President Tried to Fire the Special Counsel
    J. The President's Conduct Towards Flynn, Manafort,
    K. The President's Conduct Involving Michael Cohen

Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations. The incidents were often carried out through one-on-one meetings in which the President sought to use his official power outside of usual channels. These actions ranged from efforts to remove the Special Counsel and to reverse the effect of the Attorney General's recusal; to the attempted use of official power to limit the scope of the investigation; to direct and indirect contacts with witnesses with the potential to influence their testimony. Viewing the acts collectively can help to illuminate their significance. For example, the President's direction to McGahn to have the Special Counsel removed was followed almost immediately by his direction to Lewandowski to tell the Attorney General to limit the scope of the Russia investigation to prospective election-interference only-a temporal connection that suggests that both acts were taken with a related purpose with respect to the investigation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-04-2019)

17. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're out there LOL. I do NOT deny the Mullet results. I've spent all this time (wasted evidently) with you explaining that Mullet said, "I stand by my report."
    Mullet resigned. It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Over schmover. You wish it's over.

Is there some part of 'multiple ongoing investigations' that isn't clear?

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-05-2019)

19. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Someone at FOX is "summarizing" some part of that report 24/7.
    In 4 words or less?

20. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Over schmover. You wish it's over.

Is there some part of 'multiple ongoing investigations' that isn't clear?
    like I said..........go for it.......if you can ever come with a new charge.
    Russia & obstruction are already used up and done.
    pain in abortion.

21. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bank and insurance fraud. Emoluments violations.

22. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Because you say so?

Based upon what authority?

On what basis does an individual have immunity from prosecution simply because no charges were filed after one investigation?

Robert Mueller did say that some witnesses never appeared to answer questions, President Trump's written answers to the submitted questions were insufficient, and other witnesses lied. Mueller said that if these witnesses statements could be obtained that it may change the results of the investigation. This indicates that a more thorough investigation might be in order.

23. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tuesday night, PBS NewsHour talked about the numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives. Many individuals within the Trump campaign had contacts with Russians during the campaign, and although some of them came very close to collusion or the suggestion of it, none rose to the level which could be proven as a violation of law. The Trump Tower meeting was one of the most concerning contacts, but since the meeting did not lead to any further action, no conspiracy was established. Also, since it could not be proven that Trump campaign workers knew they were breaking the law by engaging in meetings and exchanging campaign information with Russians, a conspiracy could not be proven. Trump campaign officials did supply Russians with polling information, but the purpose was unclear.

Candidate Trump lied when he publicly stated during the summer of 2016 that he had no contacts or business dealings with Russia. It was during this period that he was actively attempting to finalize a deal to build a Moscow Trump Tower. There was also a very suspect contact with Felix Sater, a Russian operative who promised to use the full power of Russia to get Trump elected.