Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: PBS NewsHour Began Summarizing Mueller Report Last Night. What Did Fox News Do?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Robert Mueller said America needs to read the report. But the Report is over 400 pages of some very dry reading. Most Americans will never read that, (since most Americans don't read very much or if they do they read fiction) so last night, PBS NewsHour began summarizing the report for us.

I have to wonder if Fox News did the same thing. Naturally, I can only watch one news show at a time, so I didn't watch Fox News. Is there someone here who watches Fox News and can tell us if they ran a similar summarizing wrap-up of what is in the Mueller Report? (I would be surprised.)

PBS is going to run a series of pieces each night this week summarizing different sections of the Mueller Report. Will Fox News say anything at all about it? Or will they ignore Robert Mueller and pretend it is old news - no longer pertinent. (as expected, since Fox News is so right-biased.)

PBS said the first section of the Mueller Report covers the Russian interference with the 2016 election. The Russians definitely influenced our election and they did their best to get Trump elected. This influence was done in two ways. They ran a very extensive social media campaign in which they spread rumors and false stories, posed as Americans, and even became involved in setting up Trump rallies, coordinated with Trump campaign workers. It is not clear if the Trump campaign workers that the Russians communicated with knew that they were talking to Russians.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

The second way they tried to get Trump elected was by using cyber attacks on computer systems and voting machines. It is not clear if they altered any actual vote tallies. This question is still being investigated, and that's why much of this section of the Mueller Report is redacted. PBS NewsHour said this first section of the Muller report contains the most redactions of the entire report because many of these investigations into the vote tampering attempts are still ongoing and the question of whether the Russians actually changed any vote results for any precincts is still unknown.

This doesn't sound to me like anything that Fox News would report, but I didn't watch Fox News last night, so I wonder if someone who did can tell us if they covered this important area of reporting....

Anybody?
    Pedal conspiracies

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Both branches of congress have investigated it. The FBI was investigating it before Mullet subsumed it. But go ahead, investigate away lol. As you say, Trump doesn’t seem too concerned about it.
    Wrong!

If Trump is not concerned about it why does he talk about it so much, and with such disdain?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

Wrong!

If Trump is not concerned about it why does he talk about it so much, and with such disdain?
    Well, wouldn’t you be pissed if they opened up a bogus investigation on your presidency and then tried to nail you for obstructing it lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (06-12-2019)

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

That’s the Cliff Notes lol.

The smears change like the weather. One day it’s collusion, next day it’s obstruction, then it’s the cover-up, then it’s the 25th amendment. It’s a textbook case of throwing shit against the wall and hoping something sticks.

Problem is, it’s just a theory, for now at least. Probably the most fertile ground for Durham would be the shenanigans surrounding the Hoax Dossier. It’s patently obvious it was leaked to the media in order to prop-up the Russian narrative so as to make it easier to trigger an SC appointment. And sure enough, Comey pulled the trigger after Trump fired him. Comey admitted to leaking in order to get Mullet appointed. I still can’t get over that.

They knew the whole Russian collusion thing was bogus from the outset, but as long as they could bait Trump into obstructing the investigation democrats could still impeach him for obstructing ‘justice’ lol.

And guess what: No one but the bitter-enders even talk about collusion any more.

And yes, they think we’re exactly that stupid.
    DoJ released a letter last night that the Durham investigation is "wide and extensive"-
    so just maybe we can nail the Creeps to the wall once and for all

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (06-11-2019), Stretch (06-12-2019)

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, wouldn’t you be pissed if they opened up a bogus investigation on your presidency and then tried to nail you for obstructing it lol?
    "Im so f*cked" Trump said-it gave TDS energy and #neverTrumps an excuse

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

NO! 'Being pissed' is NOT Presidential! A proper President needs to be cool and mature. If Trump didn't do anything wrong then he would have nothing to fear from a bogus investigation.

President Trump is acting like a child.

He is showing that he is unqualified for the office.

Anybody who aspires to take that office has got to assume people are going to be coming at them from all angles with all kinds of bogus grief. The office of President is the most stressful job you could have. The job is to try to please everybody, which is impossible. It requires an applicant who is cool under pressure, not somebody that tweets like a teenager and goes running and crying: "Oh, poor pitiful me, I'm this innocent victim, they're after me! Oh why are they after me? I'm as pure as the driven snow."

Are you KIDDING me?

Don't BUY the innocent act.

It is TOTALLY an act.

He throws hissy fits and his followers just roll over and CAVE.

He's got his followers wrapped around his little finger.

It's totally dysfunctional.

I find it disgusting to watch.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    "Im so f*cked" Trump said-it gave TDS energy and #neverTrumps an excuse
    If he was innocent he never would have said that.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

NO! 'Being pissed' is NOT Presidential! A proper President needs to be cool and mature. If Trump didn't do anything wrong then he would have nothing to fear from a bogus investigation.

President Trump is acting like a child.

He is showing that he is unqualified for the office.

Anybody who aspires to take that office has got to assume people are going to be coming at them from all angles with all kinds of bogus grief. The office of President is the most stressful job you could have. The job is to try to please everybody, which is impossible. It requires an applicant who is cool under pressure, not somebody that tweets like a teenager and goes running and crying: "Oh, poor pitiful me, I'm this innocent victim, they're after me! Oh why are they after me? I'm as pure as the driven snow."

Are you KIDDING me?

Don't BUY the innocent act.

It is TOTALLY an act.

He throws hissy fits and his followers just roll over and CAVE.

He's got his followers wrapped around his little finger.

It's totally dysfunctional.

I find it disgusting to watch.
    The F Bomb incident—if it even happened, was in a private conversation.

You’re welcome to try again though lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is a depraved unstable ignoramus.

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello dukkha,

Wrong.

Assuming it ever happened, there are at least two reasons Trump could have said that lol.

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The F Bomb incident—if it even happened, was in a private conversation.

You’re welcome to try again though lol.
    I'm sure if it's bad about Trump you think it's fake news.

It wasn't his use of the F-bomb that was remarkable. That is to be expected.

It was his immediate reaction - that 'his presidency is over,' - that was the most telling part.

Ever since, he had been playing a shell game with investigators, and sticking to his simple Roger Stone strategy for getting away with things: "Deny, deflect, attack."

So far it has worked - at least on the Trump fans. How long will it still work? Maybe he will make it to the 2020 elections... He might not. He might get impeached before then.

That's a reality.

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

I'm sure if it's bad about Trump you think it's fake news.

It wasn't his use of the F-bomb that was remarkable. That is to be expected.

It was his immediate reaction - that 'his presidency is over,' - that was the most telling part.

Ever since, he had been playing a shell game with investigators, and sticking to his simple Roger Stone strategy for getting away with things: "Deny, deflect, attack."

So far it has worked - at least on the Trump fans. How long will it still work? Maybe he will make it to the 2020 elections... He might not. He might get impeached before then.

That's a reality.
    Fake News is a reality. The Dossier was Fake News. That Trump colluded with the Russians—was Fake News.

Trump had every right to drop F-bombs in discussing the Mullet appointment—in a private conversation.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (06-12-2019)

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello dukkha,

sure he would have..given the history that a SC derails a POTUS . he was stating the obvious

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (06-12-2019)

18. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    sure he would have..given the history that a SC derails a POTUS . he was stating the obvious
    That is so absurd.

It's not the appointment of a SC.

It's the evidence.

No evidence, no impeachment.

Proven guilty of a high crime or misdemeanor?

Impeachment.

19. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is so absurd.

It's not the appointment of a SC.

It's the evidence.

No evidence, no impeachment.

Proven guilty of a high crime or misdemeanor?

Impeachment.
    I’ve explained this before, but not to you, and since it’s slow at work here we go again lol.

Contrary to what you’re hearing in the Bubble, impeachment wouldn’t fail in the Senate because Republicans are under control of Putin—or whatever. Number one, the evidence isn’t that great: really good obstruction evidence goes beyond threatening to obstruct or even ordering people to. Secondly and more importantly, there was no underlying crime: there was no collusion. The search for Collusion was a multimillion dollar Snipe Hunt.

Months ago, I was telling your lefty peers how important it was for Mullet to find collusion. The importance couldn’t be overstated, in fact. Everything hinged on Trump conspiring with Russia to affect the election because without it, whatever else Mullet came up with [and it was obvious he was either going to bait Trump into an obstruction charge or try and get him in a perjury trap] was going to be mitigated by the fact he struck out on the central mission to the investigation.

Reason being is that impeachment is a political process and democrats would give every appearance of using collusion as a pretext to entrap Trump in an unrelated charge. Republicans will be all over that in an impeachment trial. They would also highlight the fact Trump waived executive privilege throughout the whole investigation. He allowed WH council to be subject to 30 hours of interview—when he didn’t have to. And etc.

I also warned the lefties that if Mullet came up empty that that wouldn’t be the end of it. I told them there would be no ‘oopsies, oh well, I guess we were wrong about collusion’. I warned there would be a serious investigation of how, exactly, so much of our intelligence apparatus could be so wrong about something that they ended up spying on a presidential campaign and nearly derailed a presidency in the process.

I warned them, repeatedly.

But I’ll be very surprised if the impeachment train does anything more than circle the depot. But if it does, and impeachment reaches the Senate, Democrats won’t come out of it looking very pretty.

Yes, that’s a warning.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (06-12-2019)