Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Thread: PBS NewsHour Began Summarizing Mueller Report Last Night. What Did Fox News Do?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’ve explained this before, but not to you, and since it’s slow at work here we go again lol.

Contrary to what you’re hearing in the Bubble, impeachment wouldn’t fail in the Senate because Republicans are under control of Putin—or whatever. Number one, the evidence isn’t that great: really good obstruction evidence goes beyond threatening to obstruct or even ordering people to. Secondly and more importantly, there was no underlying crime: there was no collusion. The search for Collusion was a multimillion dollar Snipe Hunt.

Months ago, I was telling your lefty peers how important it was for Mullet to find collusion. The importance couldn’t be overstated, in fact. Everything hinged on Trump conspiring with Russia to affect the election because without it, whatever else Mullet came up with [and it was obvious he was either going to bait Trump into an obstruction charge or try and get him in a perjury trap] was going to be mitigated by the fact he struck out on the central mission to the investigation.

Reason being is that impeachment is a political process and democrats would give every appearance of using collusion as a pretext to entrap Trump in an unrelated charge. Republicans will be all over that in an impeachment trial. They would also highlight the fact Trump waived executive privilege throughout the whole investigation. He allowed WH council to be subject to 30 hours of interview—when he didn’t have to. And etc.

I also warned the lefties that if Mullet came up empty that that wouldn’t be the end of it. I told them there would be no ‘oopsies, oh well, I guess we were wrong about collusion’. I warned there would be a serious investigation of how, exactly, so much of our intelligence apparatus could be so wrong about something that they ended up spying on a presidential campaign and nearly derailed a presidency in the process.

I warned them, repeatedly.

But I’ll be very surprised if the impeachment train does anything more than circle the depot. But if it does, and impeachment reaches the Senate, Democrats won’t come out of it looking very pretty.

Yes, that’s a warning.
    Collusion isn’t necessary. The 10 instances of obstruction is sufficient.

Let’s get those financial records so we cn look at emoluments, bank and insurance fraud. Then, even the Senate cowards cand be convinced

2. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-13-2019)