Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "Trump proposes the biggest tax hike in 30 years"

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Of course I can; but your claim is that this is not one of the biggest economy boosts and then reach back 75 years. You have to go back 19 years to the DOT COM economy to find better numbers.

Historically speaking, 2.9% is damned good compared with the Obama years of malaise. Why do you pretend it isn't?
    There you go again, poopiehead. Proving you have no reading comprehension skills.

My comment was in response to this

Trump's corporate tax cuts set forth one of the biggest US economy boosts, ever.
    I guess poopieheads think "ever" should only include the 8 years they spent in kindergarten. Is that what you think, poopiehead?

"One of the biggest ever" would need to go back forever or at least to the beginning of the US. But since we don't have good data for that I went back to post WW2. Since it wasn't one of the biggest in the last 75 years, it couldn't be one of the biggest in the last 200 years, poopie head.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    There you go again, poopiehead. Proving you have no reading comprehension skills.

My comment was in response to this
    Trump's corporate tax cuts set forth one of the biggest US economy boosts, ever.
    Once again stoopie head; it was. How was it not? Because you say so? There are very few instances of 2.9% growth in the last three decades.

I guess poopieheads think "ever" should only include the 8 years they spent in kindergarten. Is that what you think, poopiehead?
    Grow up you moron.

"One of the biggest ever" would need to go back forever or at least to the beginning of the US. But since we don't have good data for that I went back to post WW2. Since it wasn't one of the biggest in the last 75 years, it couldn't be one of the biggest in the last 200 years, poopie head.
    Did you vote for Obama?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Once again you prove why one cannot argue with an idiot.
    You think I am arguing with you, poopie head? Why would I argue with an idiot? I am merely spending the day pointing out you are a poopie head.

I am going to need a moron translator to figure out what this means.
    No, you only need to be able to read at the 8th grade level, poopie head.

Because it was a pile of crap snowflake.
    I don't like my snowflakes made out of a pile of crap. Or does poopie head not know how to correctly use a comma when addressing someone. Most people learn that in 6th grade.

You desperately flail at my posts claiming I made no sense and then do a widgets case as if it were reality.
    Every corporation has people that do widget cases. It is how they predict if they will make money or not.

FACT; corporations do not pay taxes. They collect them.
    By that argument, consumers don't pay taxes, they just collect the money to pass on to corporations. When a consumer works for a corporation that pays them the money to pass on to corporations which the corporation then submits as taxes, wouldn't that mean the corporation paid the taxes through the consumer? You have gone down the rabbit hole here, poopie head. (But I doubt you ever read the book that "rabbit hole" references.)

ALL the costs to produce goods and services are passed onto the consumer. That's how the REAL world works. It is unarguable.
    A company has to make a profit to survive or at least make enough to pay the owners a salary. It is arguable whether the consumer is paying the cost if an increase in cost results in a reduction in profit. The cost to the consumer hasn't gone up. The profit of the corporation has gone down. Purely from a math standpoint it would say the corporation has eaten the cost.

Tariffs are NOTHING like taxes because the consumer can CHOOSE not to buy the products that have tariffs on them. The premise of this thread is therefore false and a desperate effort to prove there are a lot of morons in the world.
    Tax payers can also choose not to pay taxes, based on your argument, poopie head. If they never buy anything then they will not have to pay sales tax. If they don't own property then they won't pay property taxes. If they don't make any money then they won't have to pay income taxes. Of course, if a person never eats then they will never have to worry about being poisoned by food. The problem is that for a person to survive in the modern world it is almost impossible to never buy anything that was made in China or Mexico. Any American company they buy a product from will have bought something from China so they will be paying that tariff no matter what unless they simply stop purchasing entirely.

Irony.
    It's too bad that you, poopie head, don't know the meaning of that word. Or perhaps, it was your reading comprehension that failed you again.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Are you daft? That is all that was said in the intial post, "Trump proposes the biggest tax hike in 30 years," which it represents regardless of who pays it

And it is not a question of who needs who, the world is interconnected, did you think the US could return to being totally self sufficient? I think that silliness disappeared in the 1930's
    No….THE US "WILL" return to be totally self sufficient. The US has the energy to maintain the most powerful military in world history....for well over 200 years without importing one product if need be. In the meantime there will be R and D into more efficient energy sources. There is no PROPOSED TAX....there is SPIN that only idiots would attempt to defend as truth. Mr. Trump was elected to do exactly what he is doing. Making American Great Again by placing THE PEOPLE above the interests of elite banking families that control the economies of all the western nations through manipulating currency and property. The FED will be gone, The EU will gone soon, The United Nations has became so corrupt that it will be forced to find another nation to call home.....

Trump has and is delivering on every promise that got him elected. And it pisses YOU OFF.

Again. Its the WORLD that needs the US.....not the inversion. Mr. Trump will work with other national interests...…..only on terms established that serves WE THE PEOPLE first and foremost, as there will be no more selling out to other nations in order to fill personal bank accounts that are located in off shore accounts that pay virtually nothing to THE PEOPLE of the United States of America. Mr. Trump is forcing that money back into the US ECONOMY.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Once again stoopie head; it was. How was it not? Because you say so? There are very few instances of 2.9% growth in the last three decades.
    Does poopie head not know how to check numbers? I guess I should tell you, poopie head, that there are 30 years in 3 decades since a decade is 10 years so you don't get confused my next paragraph. And I should probably tell you that a paragraph is something people who can write at a sixth grade level would understand. I won't take the time to explain it to you right now but maybe later, poopie head.

In the last 30 years there are 3 instances of 2.9% growth including last year. 10% could be called a few instances if you squint and make believe. The problem is we are talking about instances where it was greater than 2.9%. There were 10 of the 30 years where that happened. So in the last 30 years 33% of those years were higher than 2.9%. Then there were 12 instances that were 2.9% or higher. That means that 40% of the years in the last 30 had 2.9% growth or higher. One can not reasonably call 2.9% one of the highest growth rates in the last three decades when it barely makes the top 40%. It is only slightly better than the median.

Grow up you moron.
    I did grow up, poopie head. Being an adult, I know one often has to speak at the level of their audience to be understood. I apologize for not getting all my explanations down to the kindergarten level for you, poopie head. I spend most of my days with adults that know how to read profit/loss statements, can search for basic information on the internet and can make decisions based on actual facts.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You saying you oppose tax hikes?

PS

You only pay if you buy. So you have choices. Free markets and all
    "Vote for me because I support raising the prices of everything you buy through tariffs" has got to be the best 2020 campaign message ever.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (06-05-2019)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    "Vote for me because I support raising the prices of everything you buy through tariffs" has got to be the best 2020 campaign message ever.
    "Vote for me because I'm not Trump" has got to be the most moronic 2020 campaign message ever.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    No….THE US "WILL" return to be totally self sufficient. The US has the energy to maintain the most powerful military in world history....for well over 200 years without importing one product if need be. In the meantime there will be R and D into more efficient energy sources. There is no PROPOSED TAX....there is SPIN that only idiots would attempt to defend as truth. Mr. Trump was elected to do exactly what he is doing. Making American Great Again by placing THE PEOPLE above the interests of elite banking families that control the economies of all the western nations through manipulating currency and property. The FED will be gone, The EU will gone soon, The United Nations has became so corrupt that it will be forced to find another nation to call home.....

Trump has and is delivering on every promise that got him elected. And it pisses YOU OFF.

Again. Its the WORLD that needs the US.....not the inversion. Mr. Trump will work with other national interests...…..only on terms established that serves WE THE PEOPLE first and foremost, as there will be no more selling out to other nations in order to fill personal bank accounts that are located in off shore accounts that pay virtually nothing to THE PEOPLE of the United States of America. Mr. Trump is forcing that money back into the US ECONOMY.
    Whew, "THE US "WILL" return to be totally self sufficient," talk about living in the past, way past

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You saying you oppose tax hikes?

PS

You only pay if you buy. So you have choices. Free markets and all
    If the distributor or business holds significant market share, like GM and Ford do, then it's not going to drive consumers to cheaper prices, it's going to drive GM and Ford's competitors to raise their prices because of the significant market share those two companies control.

The tariffs are going to have the exact opposite effect you think they'll have.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Vote for me because I'm not Trump" has got to be the most moronic 2020 campaign message ever.
    That really is all they have right? Of course they will run against the good economy also....

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Now is that kinda like the "anybody but Hillary candidate?"

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Now is that kinda like the "anybody but Hillary candidate?"
    Wrong again, dishonest partisan hack. In the corrupt, lying hag's case it was "Trump is way better than Hillary." Of course, a low IQ moron like yourself thought she was a great candidate and now cry, lie and stomp your feet demanding that Trump is illegitimate and got elected because of the Russians. Yes, you're that fucking dense.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Your stupidity on parade again. The wealthy do pay the majority of taxes in America. You got that far, which is pretty good for you. But you ignore that taxes on the wealthy have been cut over and over. What that tells people with firing neurons is the wealth gap is incredible. A smaller and smaller tax rate for the wealthy is half the taxes collected. That means they have all the fucking money, not that they are over taxed or fairly taxed.
    They never seem to mention that the wealthy have 90% of the...wealth. I can't see his posts, but if he chimed in during my lesson to Don, he's conflating personal taxes with corporate taxes?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    English please.
    Really. WTF is that shit about?

Has anyone purchased appliances lately? The average dishwasher is $100 more now, than last fall.
    Last edited by Althea; 06-05-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Rune (06-05-2019)

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Possums View Post
    So increasing the cost of doing business raises the cost of the product?
    Nice try at Don's argument. Increasing the cost of raw materials, or cost of goods sold increases the cost of the product. The taxes you no doubt want to introduce if someone bites, are only paid on net revenue (profits on sales)