Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Anyone into photography?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Loved it in college. Great at framing images, shit at the technical aspects.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JqYaqui View Post
    This lovely dragonfly (I named Mars) stayed close by for about 30-45 minutes while I was doing yard work and repeatedly landed on my finger/hand during that time. It made doing the yard work enjoyable.
    I have a red one (not as nice as that one) that keeps coming to my yard but he won't stay still so I can get a good shot like that.. I got lots of horrible, blurry shots only..

Movement/bees/butterflies/dragon flies etc are challenging, require patience-Your phone has a great camera..
    Last edited by Bill; 07-31-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I’d like to learn more about photography. I have a girly-girl wife and she likes to model new clothes and have her picture taken modeling but I know little about photography. Any advice on not just photography but how to arrange settings and posing would be appreciated.
    You're lucky this is the 21st century.

'Back in the day', you had to shoot pics, and either develop them yourself (B&W) or send them out for processing. Only then can you critique your efforts, and learn IF you remember the settings you used.

Today, you shoot a pic, check it and delete it or keep it.

Trial and error. You'll get there.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (07-31-2019)