Thread: Downtown Los Angeles

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor voslup
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.

I recently stayed at the landmark Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and had a very pleasant time. I walked around day and night, and visited a lot of cool restaruants, cafes, and pubs.

If ever in downtown LA, I recommend a visit to the Grand Central Market an emporium hosting hundreds of food vendors collectively bringing together the cuisines and cultures of Los Angeles - basically any kind of ethnic, specialty, or American-esque food you could imagine.
    Apparently it is not just my opinion and my fleeting impressions of visiting downtown LA recently.
    According to NY Times, downtown Los Angeles have been undergoing a rennassaince, a revitalization.

Revitalization Projects Reawaken Downtown Los Angeles

Cranes dot the skyline and construction projects divert traffic as the neighborhood known as DTLA undergoes the biggest development boom since the Roaring Twenties.

Los Angeles’s downtown was little more than a sleepy office district not too long ago, where tens of thousands of suburbanites would clear out by the end of the workday and scores of classic Beaux-Arts and Art Deco buildings sat vacant or underutilized.

“It didn’t even have a grocery store until Ralphs opened about 10 years ago,” said Andrew D. Tashjian, a Los Angeles native and commercial real estate broker. “Downtown was dead.”

Today, cranes dot the skyline and construction routinely diverts traffic as Downtown Los Angeles — a neighborhood known as DTLA — undergoes the biggest development boom since the Roaring Twenties, when the area was then the center of the entertainment industry.

As the city prepares for the 2028 Summer Olympics, a spate of new apartments, hotel rooms and retail and office space is steadily coming online throughout the 5.84-square-mile downtown area. Existing structures are being recycled, and the city’s public transit system is being expanded and improved. But as development grows, city officials are facing criticism over a lack of affordable housing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/b...s-angeles.html

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Dirty View Post
    ever see the trash dumped on rural roads you fucking idiot
    Nope, not around here, people actually care what the countryside looks like. Sure, there are some hillbilly havens here and there, but they keep their trash on their own property, and if it gets too bad, the township will make them clean it up. You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you considered cutting back on the crack whoring? Might be a good idea.
    Every life matters

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Cypress it has been written ITT, by people who have lived and visit there, that DT LA has undergone a massive boom.

The issue has been and will continue to be the massive homeless population as well the diseases and huge public health issues that have arisen from it. That’s not about brown people. Addressing the homeless issue in LA isn’t a particularly fun or sexy topic. Talking about brown people doesn’t address it because that’s not the issue.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.

I recently stayed at the landmark Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and had a very pleasant time. I walked around day and night, and visited a lot of cool restaruants, cafes, and pubs.

If ever in downtown LA, I recommend a visit to the Grand Central Market an emporium hosting hundreds of food vendors collectively bringing together the cuisines and cultures of Los Angeles - basically any kind of ethnic, specialty, or American-esque food you could imagine.
    Fuck off with that "brown skin" bullshit. I guarantee that market has armed security. Everyone knows Los Angeles is a shit hole, there's no denying it, and it has nothing to do with the melanin content of anyone's skin, it has to do with mountains of trash from homeless encampments. Why do you have to be an asshole about it?

Every life matters

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Apparently it is not just my opinion and my fleeting impressions of visiting downtown LA recently.
    According to NY Times, downtown Los Angeles have been undergoing a rennassaince, a revitalization.
    Yep, revitalization amid the trash heaps and thousands of homeless encampments and unsavory people loitering around. This is what liberal utopia looks like.

Every life matters

7. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (05-26-2019)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Yep, revitalization amid the trash heaps and thousands of homeless encampments and unsavory people loitering around. This is what liberal utopia looks like.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict there is close to zero percent chance you have ever been in downtown Los Angeles anytime in the last decade.

Correct?

There is probably a redneck trailer park near where you live with just as much trash and that picture

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fuck off with that "brown skin" bullshit. I guarantee that market has armed security. Everyone knows Los Angeles is a shit hole, there's no denying it, and it has nothing to do with the melanin content of anyone's skin, it has to do with mountains of trash from homeless encampments. Why do you have to be an asshole about it?

Several of your rightwing buddies on this thread have explicity or implicitly stated that trash and pooping in public are associated with hispanics and brown people. Your buddies CFM, volsrock, and Stretch to name just three.

There is no need for you to cuss at me and get angry simply for pointing out overt rightwing racism.
    Its right out in the open for everyone to see.

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am going to go out on a limb and predict there is close to zero percent chance you have ever been in downtown Los Angeles anytime in the last decade.

Correct?

There is probably a redneck trailer park near where you live with just as much trash and that picture
    I visit Southern California fairly regularly, I grew up there. What does that have to do with the video of a recent news report FROM THERE. Is the local news station lying?

This is where I live douchebag, no trailers in sight on my private road, or anywhere in the township, that I'm aware of. This county doesn't tolerate trash heaps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every life matters

11. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (05-26-2019)

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,567 Times in 17,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a list of notable criminal gangs in Los Angeles, California.

Los Angeles has been nicknamed the Gang Capital of America, with an estimated 120,000 gang members as of 2007.[1] According to a May 2001 Drug Threat Assessment by the National Drug Intelligence Center, Los Angeles was home to 1,350 gangs.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_Los_Angeles

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Middle Americans don't value cultural diversity the way coastal Americans do.

For one thing, they don't travel abroad as much and thus don't realize how backwards we are compared to more forward thinking nations.

Also, middle Americans tend to be more religious, and nothing stifles intellectualism as much as religion does.

From a cultural perspective, middle America is really a different country than civilized cultural centers like Boston, New York and San Francisco.

It's like Afghanistan only with indoor plumbing and electricity in the bigger cities like St. Louis and Kansas City.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-26-2019)

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,900 Times in 7,961 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

I bet there is close to a zero percent chance you have ever been to downtown LA.

I hear that Trump-loving trailer parks in the deep south are pleasant places to visit.
    Oh yeah, the resident Trumptards there just love them.

https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

16. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Several of your rightwing buddies on this thread have explicity or implicitly stated that trash and pooping in public are associated with hispanics and brown people. Your buddies CFM, volsrock, and Stretch to name just three.

There is no need for you to cuss at me and get angry simply for pointing out overt rightwing racism.
    Its right out in the open for everyone to see.
    Again, fuck off with that bullshit. I have the fake conservative CFM on ignore, and Vols certainly isn't "my buddy". I am a brown skin person, and that also has nothing to do with the heaps of trash in Downtown LA. This is why liberalism is a mental disorder, you would rather argue for the sake of it, than address the real world problems in your liberal utopia. I don't need to cuss at you, do you need to call me a redneck? I happen to live in the country by choice, how does that make me a "redneck"? If you want to have a civil conversation, I'm good with that, but making bullshit claims about redneck trailer parks with trash heaps in my neighborhood, ain't it.
    Every life matters

17. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,900 Times in 7,961 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Attachment 10024

Has become 3rd World...Thanks Libs!
    I doubt that's even a picture of Los Angeles or any other American city.

Using a picture taken in some actual 3rd world slum and falsely claiming it is some American city run by Democrats is exactly the kind of bullshit we've come to expect out of the right wing propaganda machine.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-26-2019)

19. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I visit Southern California fairly regularly, I grew up there. What does that have to do with the video of a recent news report FROM THERE. Is the local news station lying?

This is where I live douchebag, no trailers in sight on my private road, or anywhere in the township, that I'm aware of. This county doesn't tolerate trash heaps.
    I will take that as a 'NO", you have not set foot in DTLA anytime recently, perhaps not even within the last decade.

Between the two of us, only I have been in downtown Los Angeles in the last six months.

And it is really weird that it makes you angry that I had a pleasant visit, enjoyed downtown LA, was not creeped out, and did not see enormous piles of trash everywhere.