Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 189

Thread: Downtown Los Angeles

  1. #151 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,246
    Thanks
    3,409
    Thanked 16,690 Times in 11,571 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 575 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    And in that century there have been seven Dem mayors and six repub mayors, so it appears that neither party was able to tackle the homeless problem successfully.
    Actually since 1961, so almost 60 years ago, a Democrat has been Mayor for 51 years and a Republican for 8.

  2. #152 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,246
    Thanks
    3,409
    Thanked 16,690 Times in 11,571 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 575 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I remember a thread where people argued whether Jesus was a liberal or conservative. Now we are debating which side litters the worst.
    LOL, that's funny. Although in the case of DT LA it's more than just litter.

  3. #153 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    28,418
    Thanks
    12,214
    Thanked 15,941 Times in 8,212 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,590 Times in 1,449 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    In other words a tea bagger to you is anyone that doesn't support your fucked up liberal beliefs. No wonder they call you cry puss here.

    You asked the question, I gave a straight forward answer.
    Now that I know the term teabagger bugs you so much, I plan on using it more frequently.

    As for nicknames, they are only funny if there is a kernel of truth behind them. You will be hard pressed to find a body of posts here illustrating me crying, whining, bitching, moaning, complaining.

    According to the mods, they get multitudes of complaints, whines, tattle-tales, bitching and moaning from forum participants. You know who they have virtually never gotten a complaint, moan, or whine from? Yep, that's right. Me.

    The topic of the thread is downtown Los Angeles. I visited downtown LA recently and had a pleasant time. It did not seem like a third world hell hole to me. For some reason, that seems to really bug your teabagging buddies on this thread.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    christiefan915 (05-26-2019)

  5. #154 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    39,026
    Thanks
    8,632
    Thanked 10,046 Times in 7,553 Posts
    Groans
    40
    Groaned 4,173 Times in 3,515 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post


    DESPITE DECADES OF DEMOCRAT DOMINATION
    Stupid fucks can’t even get the difference between an adjective and a noun correct.

    Illiterate fucktards.

  6. #155 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    39,026
    Thanks
    8,632
    Thanked 10,046 Times in 7,553 Posts
    Groans
    40
    Groaned 4,173 Times in 3,515 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yet DEMOCRATS have dominated LA ,and they claim to be the champions of the poor and destitute.

    Los Angeles County has voted DEMOCRAT in every Presidential election since 1988. Los Angeles County has voted for the DEMOCRAT candidate in most of the presidential elections in the past four decades...

    Only 21.% of LA County voters are registered Republicans.

    Only 1 Republican serves an LA district in the House.

    In the California State Senate, Los Angeles County has only 3 Republican Senators out of 15 total.

    In the California State Assembly, Los Angeles County, only 2 Republicans represent the County in Sacramento.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Los_Angeles_County
    Stupid fuck doesn’t know an adjective from a noun.

    Illiterate fucktard

  7. #156 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    39,026
    Thanks
    8,632
    Thanked 10,046 Times in 7,553 Posts
    Groans
    40
    Groaned 4,173 Times in 3,515 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    California has the nation's highest poverty rate







    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2016/09/28/why-does-california-have-the-nations-highest-poverty-rate/2/#7957708b2bc0
    California has the highest GDP in the US, the 5th highest in the world, and contributes 14% to the US economy.

    What does your shithole state do, punk?

  8. #157 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    25,007
    Thanks
    8,093
    Thanked 15,077 Times in 10,427 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 367 Times in 354 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    California has the highest GDP in the US, the 5th highest in the world, and contributes 14% to the US economy.

    What does your shithole state do, punk?
    Totally fucking clueless. 10 steps below full retard. Dumb as a rock.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor For This Post:

    Stretch (05-26-2019)

  10. #158 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    13,377
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 7,121 Times in 5,275 Posts
    Groans
    1,009
    Groaned 286 Times in 272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You asked the question, I gave a straight forward answer.
    Now that I know the term teabagger bugs you so much, I plan on using it more frequently.

    As for nicknames, they are only funny if there is a kernel of truth behind them. You will be hard pressed to find a body of posts here illustrating me crying, whining, bitching, moaning, complaining.

    According to the mods, they get multitudes of complaints, whines, tattle-tales, bitching and moaning from forum participants. You know who they have virtually never gotten a complaint, moan, or whine from? Yep, that's right. Me.

    The topic of the thread is downtown Los Angeles. I visited downtown LA recently and had a pleasant time. It did not seem like a third world hell hole to me. For some reason, that seems to really bug your teabagging buddies on this thread.
    There is nothing you can call me that would bother me. I asked you that question to see how big of a flaming liberal you are and you confirmed that you and Nancy Pelosi are cut from the same defective pattern. Thus insults from idiot liberals like you mean nothing to me.
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 05-26-2019 at 05:44 PM.

  11. #159 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,246
    Thanks
    3,409
    Thanked 16,690 Times in 11,571 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 575 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    California has the highest GDP in the US, the 5th highest in the world, and contributes 14% to the US economy.

    What does your shithole state do, punk?
    We have the most wealth in the country here and the highest poverty rate. The median home price is almost $550K which is double the country avg. And if you want to live in the major coastal areas where the jobs are the median number starts at $900K up to well over a million in certain places.

    Not really a sustainable model to be exported across the country. So the question is what policies that we have in Cali should be seen as a countrywide model from an economic perspective?

    Edit: there’s obviously more going on here than just high housing prices, just using that as one example
    Last edited by cawacko; 05-26-2019 at 06:15 PM.

  12. #160 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51,327
    Thanks
    38,016
    Thanked 24,686 Times in 17,627 Posts
    Groans
    3,866
    Groaned 2,398 Times in 2,288 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Actually since 1961, so almost 60 years ago, a Democrat has been Mayor for 51 years and a Republican for 8.
    They had a repub mayor from 1993-2001, did he do anything about the problem?
    #Not My President



    "This morning I tested positively toward the negative.right? So I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that is a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."


    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  13. #161 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,246
    Thanks
    3,409
    Thanked 16,690 Times in 11,571 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 575 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    They had a repub mayor from 1993-2001, did he do anything about the problem?
    Richard Riordan. He took over office while I was down there in school. I can’t really speak to what he did. Didn’t pay enough attention.

  14. #162 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51,327
    Thanks
    38,016
    Thanked 24,686 Times in 17,627 Posts
    Groans
    3,866
    Groaned 2,398 Times in 2,288 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    California has the nation's highest poverty rate







    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2016/09/28/why-does-california-have-the-nations-highest-poverty-rate/2/#7957708b2bc0
    Interesting. NY state has almost the same percentage of poverty as CA and FL. What did Ghouliani and Bloomberg do for NYC when they were in office for close to 20 years combined?
    #Not My President



    "This morning I tested positively toward the negative.right? So I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that is a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."


    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  15. #163 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51,327
    Thanks
    38,016
    Thanked 24,686 Times in 17,627 Posts
    Groans
    3,866
    Groaned 2,398 Times in 2,288 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yet DEMOCRATS have dominated LA ,and they claim to be the champions of the poor and destitute.

    Los Angeles County has voted DEMOCRAT in every Presidential election since 1988. Los Angeles County has voted for the DEMOCRAT candidate in most of the presidential elections in the past four decades...

    Only 21.% of LA County voters are registered Republicans.

    Only 1 Republican serves an LA district in the House.

    In the California State Senate, Los Angeles County has only 3 Republican Senators out of 15 total.

    In the California State Assembly, Los Angeles County, only 2 Republicans represent the County in Sacramento.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Los_Angeles_County
    What did repub Richard Riordan do for the poor and destitute from 1993-2001, leggiecrite?
    #Not My President



    "This morning I tested positively toward the negative.right? So I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that is a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."


    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  16. #164 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    20,743
    Thanks
    23,256
    Thanked 13,014 Times in 8,951 Posts
    Groans
    457
    Groaned 786 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    Troubles in San Francisco Push Some Voters to Think Republican
    “People are starting to ask, ‘Maybe we need a Rudy Giuliani?’ ”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/u...francisco.html
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.



  17. #165 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,246
    Thanks
    3,409
    Thanked 16,690 Times in 11,571 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 575 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Troubles in San Francisco Push Some Voters to Think Republican
    “People are starting to ask, ‘Maybe we need a Rudy Giuliani?’ ”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/u...francisco.html
    Since that article is a year old I can tell you they aren't. London Breed won the interim Mayor's race last year and her top opponent was even more progressive than she was. She'll likely run in November with no major opposition.

    But yes we do need a Giuliani type very badly.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    Stretch (05-26-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Man arrested for randomly pushing man under truck in downtown LA
    By cawacko in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-08-2018, 08:09 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 04:58 AM
  3. Grayson, Long face off in testy downtown Orlando debate
    By anatta in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 08:03 PM
  4. A man armed with three knives went on a rampage in downtown Columbus
    By Cancel 2018. 3 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 05:13 AM
  5. Military patrols start Friday night in downtown Columbus
    By Cancel 2018. 3 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •