Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Default Downtown Los Angeles

la-1558741518-u51ly2k7jn-snap-image.jpg

Has become 3rd World...Thanks Libs!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Earl (05-26-2019), Grokmaster (05-25-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,629 Times in 27,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.

I recently stayed at the landmark Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and had a very pleasant time. I walked around day and night, and visited a lot of cool restaruants, cafes, and pubs.

If ever in downtown LA, I recommend a visit to the Grand Central Market an emporium hosting hundreds of food vendors collectively bringing together the cuisines and cultures of Los Angeles - basically any kind of ethnic, specialty, or American-esque food you could imagine.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (05-25-2019), christiefan915 (05-25-2019), Mason Michaels (05-27-2019), Phantasmal (05-25-2019), Rune (05-26-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.

I recently stayed at the landmark Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and had a very pleasant time. I walked around day and night, and visited a lot of cool restaruants, cafes, and pubs.

If ever in downtown LA, I recommend a visit to the Grand Central Market an emporium hosting hundreds of food vendors collectively bringing together the cuisines and cultures of Los Angeles - basically any kind of ethnic, specialty, or American-esque food you could imagine.
    Pretty sure it's the outbreak of typhus and TB that people are concerned about, and not the brown people. I mean, how shocking can it be to find brown people in LA? It's much more surprising that you can find them in Topeka, yet, still understandable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cawacko (05-25-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Pretty sure it's the outbreak of typhus and TB that people are concerned about, and not the brown people. I mean, how shocking can it be to find brown people in LA? It's much more surprising that you can find them in Topeka, yet, still understandable.
    Cypress doesn’t know what he’s talking about. There are plenty of white homeless people on skid row. It’s not a race thing.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Cypress doesn’t know what he’s talking about. There are plenty of white homeless people on skid row. It’s not a race thing.
    Up here in the great NW, our major cities' homeless populations are overwhelmingly white, because, WA is still 79.5% white, and Oregon is 85.1% white (Idaho is 91.3% white).

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting how Crypiss associates garbage and filth with brown people. The op doesn't mention anything about race.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 05-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Interesting how Crypiss associates garbage and filth with brow people. The op doesn't mention anything about race.
    When you don’t want to discuss the topic just call others racist.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (05-25-2019), Stretch (05-25-2019)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Between the two of us, you are the only one known for lying, slandering, and girlish gossiping.

Here is another case of you fabricating something about me. My post said nothing, nada, zilsh about me not seeing homeless. I see plenty of homeless in downtown LA, downtown Oakland, and downtown Saramento.

The OP is a known racist, and I have zero doubt that the premise of his thread is about "third world" brown people trashing LA

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-25-2019), Jade Dragon (05-25-2019), Phantasmal (05-25-2019)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Between the two of us, you are the only one known for lying, slandering, and girlish gossiping.

Here is another case of you fabricating something about me. My post said nothing, nada, zilsh about me not seeing homeless. I see plenty of homeless in downtown LA, downtown Oakland, and downtown Saramento.

The OP is a known racist, and I have zero doubt that the premise of his thread is about "third world" brown people trashing LA
    So u associate garbage 3rd world with brown people? why?

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I said I know what happened on this board a long then ago. Stating that isn’t slander.

Yes vokstrock is a racist. Posting about the homeless problem in LA is also accurate. Near skid row is third world country equivalent

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. You clearly associate garbage and filth with brown people.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Stretch (05-25-2019)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's a flaming troll, that out right lies on purpose, and often. Even if he posts something more sincere, he tends to misrepresent it. He race baits, and tries for an apologist routine for racism, because this person did that, etc. Is he a real racist. Who knows? It doesn't really matter, because Volsrock is still on the bottom, screwing around if he isn't.
    Last edited by Jade Dragon; 05-25-2019 at 01:50 PM.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Apparently it is not just my opinion and my fleeting impressions of visiting downtown LA recently.
    According to NY Times, downtown Los Angeles have been undergoing a rennassaince, a revitalization.

Revitalization Projects Reawaken Downtown Los Angeles

Cranes dot the skyline and construction projects divert traffic as the neighborhood known as DTLA undergoes the biggest development boom since the Roaring Twenties.

Los Angeles’s downtown was little more than a sleepy office district not too long ago, where tens of thousands of suburbanites would clear out by the end of the workday and scores of classic Beaux-Arts and Art Deco buildings sat vacant or underutilized.

“It didn’t even have a grocery store until Ralphs opened about 10 years ago,” said Andrew D. Tashjian, a Los Angeles native and commercial real estate broker. “Downtown was dead.”

Today, cranes dot the skyline and construction routinely diverts traffic as Downtown Los Angeles — a neighborhood known as DTLA — undergoes the biggest development boom since the Roaring Twenties, when the area was then the center of the entertainment industry.

As the city prepares for the 2028 Summer Olympics, a spate of new apartments, hotel rooms and retail and office space is steadily coming online throughout the 5.84-square-mile downtown area. Existing structures are being recycled, and the city’s public transit system is being expanded and improved. But as development grows, city officials are facing criticism over a lack of affordable housing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/b...s-angeles.html

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apparently it is not just my opinion and my fleeting impressions of visiting downtown LA recently.
    According to NY Times, downtown Los Angeles have been undergoing a rennassaince, a revitalization.
    Yep, revitalization amid the trash heaps and thousands of homeless encampments and unsavory people loitering around. This is what liberal utopia looks like.

Every life matters

21. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (05-26-2019)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Yep, revitalization amid the trash heaps and thousands of homeless encampments and unsavory people loitering around. This is what liberal utopia looks like.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict there is close to zero percent chance you have ever been in downtown Los Angeles anytime in the last decade.

Correct?

There is probably a redneck trailer park near where you live with just as much trash and that picture