Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Los Angeles

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

When I was in school in the early to mid ‘90’s DT LA was a ghost town. When I worked and lived in DT LA in the mid aughts it was starting to develop. Now it is a pretty happening place. But skid row and the homeless problem is massive. Anyone who claims they were in DT LA and didn’t see the homeless problem is either lying or never left the one place they went because the homeless are everywhere and around skid row does look like a 3rd world country.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.

I recently stayed at the landmark Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and had a very pleasant time. I walked around day and night, and visited a lot of cool restaruants, cafes, and pubs.

If ever in downtown LA, I recommend a visit to the Grand Central Market an emporium hosting hundreds of food vendors collectively bringing together the cuisines and cultures of Los Angeles - basically any kind of ethnic, specialty, or American-esque food you could imagine.
    Pretty sure it's the outbreak of typhus and TB that people are concerned about, and not the brown people. I mean, how shocking can it be to find brown people in LA? It's much more surprising that you can find them in Topeka, yet, still understandable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cawacko (05-25-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Pretty sure it's the outbreak of typhus and TB that people are concerned about, and not the brown people. I mean, how shocking can it be to find brown people in LA? It's much more surprising that you can find them in Topeka, yet, still understandable.
    Cypress doesn’t know what he’s talking about. There are plenty of white homeless people on skid row. It’s not a race thing.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    More bullshit. Littering, ad dumping is everywhere, and has little to do with either side. Of course the major recycling, green energy, banning pesticides, non gmo's, renewable energy, trash composting, biodegradable plastics, and on, and on, and on. You see those are liberal ideas, so quit bullshitting Volscrock. You haven't posted, or said a sincere thing here, you race bait, lie, and troll. The one's who should really feel shame, are the one's backing your shit up.
    I always find it amusing that leftists preach environmental stewardship, yet, the people who live in leftist areas litter and harm the environment with reckless abandon, until you wind-up with downtown areas that are literally bio-hazardous. It seems that the conservative ethos of respect for community values has a stronger message of discouraging litter, graffiti, and so forth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Sailor (05-25-2019)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Cypress doesn’t know what he’s talking about. There are plenty of white homeless people on skid row. It’s not a race thing.
    Up here in the great NW, our major cities' homeless populations are overwhelmingly white, because, WA is still 79.5% white, and Oregon is 85.1% white (Idaho is 91.3% white).

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.
    Interesting how Crypiss associates garbage and filth with brown people. The op doesn't mention anything about race.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 05-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Interesting how Crypiss associates garbage and filth with brow people. The op doesn't mention anything about race.
    When you don’t want to discuss the topic just call others racist.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (05-25-2019), Stretch (05-25-2019)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

When you don’t want to discuss the topic just call others racist.
    Pot kettle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Stretch (05-25-2019)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

I always find it amusing that leftists preach environmental stewardship, yet, the people who live in leftist areas litter and harm the environment with reckless abandon, until you wind-up with downtown areas that are literally bio-hazardous. It seems that the conservative ethos of respect for community values has a stronger message of discouraging litter, graffiti, and so forth.
    It's the same all over, big difference is people, and volume. The liberal ideas are trying to reduce them though. The biggest offender for places is tourists, especially foreign ones. That is the same for rural areas as well. What amuses me is the idea that all city dwellers are liberals. A bunch of them would probably be ranked under, too busy to give a shit, and would hardly fit under the liberal narratives.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    It's the same all over, big difference is people, and volume. The liberal ideas are trying to reduce them though. The biggest offender for places is tourists, especially foreign ones. That is the same for rural areas as well. What amuses me is the idea that all city dwellers are liberals. A bunch of them would probably be ranked under, too busy to give a shit, and would hardly fit under the liberal narratives.
    Well, you can't even get a moderately center-left candidate elected to council in Seattle. I keep listening to all of these hopeful activists, thinking they can get sane candidates elected because the public is starting to get annoyed.

I am almost at the point where I question the truth in the statement that "the liberal ideas are trying to reduce them, though."

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,695 Times in 27,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Between the two of us, you are the only one known for lying, slandering, and girlish gossiping.

Here is another case of you fabricating something about me. My post said nothing, nada, zilsh about me not seeing homeless. I see plenty of homeless in downtown LA, downtown Oakland, and downtown Saramento.

The OP is a known racist, and I have zero doubt that the premise of his thread is about "third world" brown people trashing LA

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-25-2019), Jade Dragon (05-25-2019), Phantasmal (05-25-2019)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, you can't even get a moderately center-left candidate elected to council in Seattle. I keep listening to all of these hopeful activists, thinking they can get sane candidates elected because the public is starting to get annoyed.

I am almost at the point where I question the truth in the statement that "the liberal ideas are trying to reduce them, though."
    What do you expect, when a good portion of the country, and all these money interest, are road blocks. No one is handling the homeless problems very well, and that's the biggest problem. I wish we'd go the route Salt Lake City did.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,635 Times in 10,061 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Between the two of us, you are the only one known for lying, slandering, and girlish gossiping.

Here is another case of you fabricating something about me. My post said nothing, nada, zilsh about me not seeing homeless. I see plenty of homeless in downtown LA, downtown Oakland, and downtown Saramento.

The OP is a known racist, and I have zero doubt that the premise of his thread is about "third world" brown people trashing LA
    So u associate garbage 3rd world with brown people? why?

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I said I know what happened on this board a long then ago. Stating that isn’t slander.

Yes vokstrock is a racist. Posting about the homeless problem in LA is also accurate. Near skid row is third world country equivalent

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Pot kettle

LOL, living rent free