Members banned from this thread: evince

View Poll Results: Would you give control of a business or company you own to someone else?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - It isn't personal. I don't care who does what so long as I'm raking in the dough.

0 0%
  • No - I care a lot about my business and would love to proudly pass it on to my grateful children.

1 100.00%
  • I don't care one way or the other.

0 0%

Thread: Would you give control of a business or company that you own to someone else?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Default Would you give control of a business or company that you own to someone else?

Fairly simple question. The inverse of my previous poll.

Say you owned a business or company and you wanted some free time to enjoy your profits. Would you hand over your business to someone you aren't related to? Would you entrust your company to people outside your comfort zone? Some corporate faceless entity? Would you go public and sell shares to stakeholders and let your investment ride the corporate gravy train?

Would you be possessive and ruthless, closely guarding your company and investments, intent on passing it on to your children? Refuse to let a global enterprise seize control? Would you maintain lifelong control and dictatorship of your business no matter how large it got and how hot your seat became?
    Last edited by Part Multi 313; 05-24-2019 at 11:37 PM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

I voted
    No - I care a lot about my business and would love to proudly pass it on to my grateful children.
    I would never go public no matter how big my company got and if management of my company was a hassle I would only share control with family such as a brother or child or other close and trustworthy family member. Something rare you don't see in this day and age.