Members banned from this thread: evince and domer76

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do liberals dislike america so much?

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Your apology is accepted.

So now that you realize how silly you came off, maybe drop the dEmS aRe ThE rEaL rAcIsTs nonsense.
    And there's the proof that you have no idea about anything you try to speak of, just like your asinine conclusion, regarding smaller magazines.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you want to apologize now, or do I have to ask you to give me examples?
    Ask all you want.

As a matter of fact, why don't you ask as many times as I've asked you for proof of your guess that smaller magazines will mean less people killed.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Does the flag not mean all of those things to you, or does it somehow represent something hideous? I suppose if I had been brainwashed into believing that it represents leftist ideology, I would want to disrespect it, as well. Again, no one is demanding your allegiance. It is simply surprising to many that you are unwilling to give it.

I work alongside plenty of airmen who are pissed about the flag protests.

Lastly, how is love of country not prideful and idolatrous, but love of the country's symbols is?
    Jade just flat assed insulted every single member of the military, who gave their life defending the flag and doing their best to make sure it didn't fall, from 1776 to present day.

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by g r i n d View Post

When obama is in charge, liberals are barely over the 50% number.
    Otherwise, way down in the 30's.

WIth republicans, they love america no matter who is president, even if it's obama who republicans obviously hated with a passion.

It seems that republicans/conservatives are more principled, and still love america more and don't let their hatred for a president make them dislike their coutry

Liberals on the otherhand, do not appreciate america. They don't like free speech, they don't like guns, they don't support our police, they always whine about moving to canada. Liberals are pathetic losers.

You are confused yet again. they don't hate America they just dislike people like you .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

TTQ64 (05-30-2019)

6. #155 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Aren't you a Catholic, or Christian? Don't you know about the sin of pride, symbol worshiping, etc? Republicans keep adding more to the fake Christian tally. The only things I hold up high, are the same things that hold me up high. God, and family. I never let people that don't practice what they preach, tell me what I'm supposed to do. So if they demand I respect the flag how they want me to, they better be up to snuff themselves.
    Yes, we already know you despise the US, so why haven't you moved to Canada yet?
    Pride? What's wrong with being proud to be an American (obviously, you're not)?
    Symbol worshiping? Who worships the flag? You have a serious deficiency in understanding the difference between respect and worship.
    The only things you " hold up high, are the same things that hold me up high"? Self-centered much? Why do you despise the country that
    supports you? What have you done to support yourself? Is it that difficult to stand for the few minutes the National Anthem is being played?
    Is it too difficult to respect the symbol (flag) of this country? Tomorrow is Memorial Day, will you also dis those who gave their lives to keep
    you free to be an ungrateful asshole? Or will you burn a flag along with the other ungrateful assholes because you are free to do so?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    You are confused yet again. they don't hate America they just dislike people like you .
    Of course you dislike people like us, we hold our traditions, morals and our constitution as honorable and respected.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When obama is in charge, liberals are barely over the 50% number.
    Otherwise, way down in the 30's.

WIth republicans, they love america no matter who is president, even if it's obama who republicans obviously hated with a passion.

It seems that republicans/conservatives are more principled, and still love america more and don't let their hatred for a president make them dislike their coutry

Liberals on the otherhand, do not appreciate america. They don't like free speech, they don't like guns, they don't support our police, they always whine about moving to canada. Liberals are pathetic losers.
    I wouldn't say republicans/conservatives hated Obama (the man) himself, but rather his policies. And his wife's comment "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback" sure didn't help. What did she really mean by her comment? Was she not proud to be an American before her husband was elected president? Comeback? Comeback from what? The long standing traditions and respect for this great nation?

Yes, liberals do not appreciate America, as evidenced by their support for burning our flag, despise for standing for the playing of our National Anthem, destruction of monuments, reestablishing the racial divide and their continued whining and hatred of a duly elected president (just to name a few).

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Ask all you want.

As a matter of fact, why don't you ask as many times as I've asked you for proof of your guess that smaller magazines will mean less people killed.
    We're already destroyed you on that, so let's move on.

What have I said that shows I want to undermine America?

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We're already destroyed you on that, so let's move on.

What have I said that shows I want to undermine America?
    When it comes to your smaller magazine guess; the only thing you've destroyed, is your own creditability.

You've shown your desire, in your posts.

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

America was founded on ideas of freedom from religion and freedom from the dictatorial impulses of government. One primary reason liberals register a negative view today is because religion has reentered mainstream politics through single issues, especially abortion. To control a woman's birth decisions is not a function of the state. America's conservative religious want to control but not support nor educate. That is evident in a variety of issues including homosexuality and transgenders. Individual freedom, a core of American democracy is being lost when government tells you how to live. Kinda simple really. If abortion is bad let your god decide not your government for surely once born you will not care.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/th...-alive-debate/

"And so we’re mistaken if we believe that the collapse of Christianity in America has led to a decline in religion. It has merely led to religious impulses being expressed by political cults. Like almost all new cultish impulses, they see no boundary between politics and their religion. And both cults really do minimize the importance of the individual in favor of either the oppressed group or the leader."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...religions.html

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/lif...inning-of-life
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

12. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Being American doesn't mean anything anymore. And even if it did, it's stupid to be proud of something you had nothing to do with. Congratulations, through completely random luck, you were born in America.

I'm guessing Liberals don't have this false pride as much as Conservatives because Liberals tend to be smarter.
    I think you have actually answered Grind's question, but not intentionally........

13. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nothing false about taking pride in something you didn't accomplish?
    its not America's fault you didn't accomplish anything.......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (05-26-2019)

15. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I already explained why he was wrong.
    actually you proved him right........

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (05-26-2019)

17. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i disagree with this premise. As americans, we all hold up certain values and ideals. I believe there are cultural genes that get passed down between generation. Consider the ancient romans. When they started, they were just a small town by a river of former criminals. There were hundreds of small town-states all around them. Yet through their tenacity became the greatest empire ever known. Why did that happen? luck? I don't think so, I think it had something to do with their cultural genesis. There is a reason why some cultures and value systems do better than others, and every american has a part to play in that.
    I thought it was because they killed the leaders of the other small town-states.......

18. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    America was founded on ideas of freedom from religion and freedom from the dictatorial impulses of government. One primary reason liberals register a negative view today is because religion has reentered mainstream politics through single issues, especially abortion. To control a woman's birth decisions is not a function of the state. America's conservative religious want to control but not support nor educate. That is evident in a variety of issues including homosexuality and transgenders. Individual freedom, a core of American democracy is being lost when government tells you how to live. Kinda simple really. If abortion is bad let your god decide not your government for surely once born you will not care.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/th...-alive-debate/

"And so we’re mistaken if we believe that the collapse of Christianity in America has led to a decline in religion. It has merely led to religious impulses being expressed by political cults. Like almost all new cultish impulses, they see no boundary between politics and their religion. And both cults really do minimize the importance of the individual in favor of either the oppressed group or the leader."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...religions.html

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/lif...inning-of-life
    Freedom from religion? Learn to read!
    Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment OF religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

The rest of your post is psychobabble.