Thread: "TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 177 - Cost to Taxpayer: About $99,000,000"

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Add to that his propensity for taking credit for that which he deserves none, while deflecting blame for all of his failures onto others. He's truly a manbaby.
    Most people who possess even a shred of ethics would find that behavior repugnant. Says something about those who don't give a shit, and/or even applaud it.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I did not vote for Trump. Nor obviously Clinton. As a matter of fact for the first time in my life I did not vote for the President at all. I thought both candidates were not worthy of my vote. Unlike you and the Democrat party obviously.
    Like a bad blind date, you start out saying all the right things. And then you blow it with the last statement. lol You don't know how I voted and most likely not which (D) candidate I supported. I will stipulate, however, that the (D)s did a spectacularly poor job in 2016.

Anyway, it turns out Trump is doing a decent job. Due to his direct actions or not the economy is booming.
    If by "decent job" you mean he hasn't yet blustered us into yet another war, I can agree. There is that whole tariff thing that will have adverse long-term effects. That being said, I will stipulate that the economy is doing most excellently currently.

He is giving Democrats daily shit fits. He is showing everyone how ineffectual they are at, well, anything. Good at talking, good at smearing, horrible at actually doing something for the people they say they will. One trick ponies they are. Democrats rely on the weak minded to keep them in office. Their voters do not disappoint them.
    A weird --and specious -- reason to support a deeply flawed incompetent, unethical, and ineffective "leader." I'll put this up there with "He seems like a regular guy you could have a beer with" -- said about W. I expect more of a President than "He/she is great at pissing off the other side." Have you ever given any thought as to why this just might be why we citizens are so deeply divided? I like the "united" part of "United States of America." I do not like civil war, even if for now it is only verbal and political. It makes us prime for the plucking. That's why our good buddies in Russia are doing everything they can to instigate the division.

BTW, you didn't ask but you assumed. I did not vote for Bill Clinton in his second term. I was so disgusted with his BJ shenanigans that I went third party and voted for the (L) candidate. I'm just a run of the mill liberal, Sailor dude. Most of us think like I do and vote with our ethics, like you did. Oh, and despite your beliefs otherwise, we all do and have worked just as hard for a living as you guys.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (05-26-2019), Phantasmal (05-26-2019)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Like a bad blind date, you start out saying all the right things. And then you blow it with the last statement. lol You don't know how I voted and most likely not which (D) candidate I supported. I will stipulate, however, that the (D)s did a spectacularly poor job in 2016.
    For a guy who is more than able to have intelligent discussion, and actually sees most issues clearly, he seems to have numerous moments where he opts to parrot Hannity's talking points. It's as if he's getting some rest, and a moron logs in and posts for him.

If by "decent job" you mean he hasn't yet blustered us into yet another war, I can agree. There is that whole tariff thing that will have adverse long-term effects. That being said, I will stipulate that the economy is doing most excellently currently.
    The bar has been lowered for trump, more so than the way it was lowered for Bush. The irony is that trump is too stupid to realize that he's too stupid to be POTUS. At least Bush was able to parody himself while Cheney drove the country into the shitter.

A weird --and specious -- reason to support a deeply flawed incompetent, unethical, and ineffective "leader." I'll put this up there with "He seems like a regular guy you could have a beer with" -- said about W. I expect more of a President than "He/she is great at pissing off the other side." Have you ever given any thought as to why this just might be why we citizens are so deeply divided? I like the "united" part of "United States of America." I do not like civil war, even if for now it is only verbal and political. It makes us prime for the plucking. That's why our good buddies in Russia are doing everything they can to instigate the division.
    You're only talking about 29% of the country. The others who support his record deficits, destruction of the environment, and stacking of the courts with incompetent bible thumpers, choose to ignore the obvious divisions trump has created. trump was clearly Putin's best investment. The entire world seems to have caught the fever.

BTW, you didn't ask but you assumed. I did not vote for Bill Clinton in his second term. I was so disgusted with his BJ shenanigans that I went third party and voted for the (L) candidate. I'm just a run of the mill liberal, Sailor dude. Most of us think like I do and vote with our ethics, like you did. Oh, and despite your beliefs otherwise, we all do and have worked just as hard for a living as you guys.
    I never voted for POTUS before Bush's second election bid. Previously, I correctly believed that it really didn't matter. (I would say that it was more about not wanting to be included in the jury duty pool as well, but when OJ got away with murder, that put the kabosh on that plan). Bush was dangerous, and I had to get out early and vote him out of office. A lot of good that did.

I didn't vote for Clinton or trump, after voting for Obama twice. I refuse to vote third party. If you are truly disgusted with the system, or the choices you are forced to select from, not voting for any presidential candidate does more to cause fear in the minds of the candidates. Voting third party lumps you in with those who are viewed as too young/ignorant/naive to make intelligent choices.

Of course, not voting at all also lumps you in with a similar group, but politicians always look for a way to get more voter participation. They ignore third party voters as those who are lost forever.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-26-2019)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The 103 billion dollars that illegals have cost American taxpayers (OAN News) year to date, would take care of that bill nicely.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    And Obama put us another $10 TRILLION in debt .... You are the fucking hypocrite !
    Grab your panties by the crotch and extend them outward a little before you get yours all in a wad Girl!

Is it fair to blame any president for events over which he had no control? During Obama's terms, there was less federal income than usual. The recession and the Bush tax cuts reduced tax receipts. At the same time, the cost of Social Security, Medicare, and other mandatory programs continued to increase.

The fairest method is to measure the debt incurred by Obama's specific policies. The Congressional Budget Office does this for every program. The CBO found that Obama's largest contribution to the debt was the Obama tax cuts, which were an extension of the Bush tax cuts. They added $858 billion to the debt in 2011 and 2012.

The next largest was the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. It added $787 billion between 2009 and 2012. It cut taxes, extended unemployment benefits, and funded job-creating public works projects. Like the tax cuts, the ARRA stimulated the economy after the 2008 financial crisis

Obama increased military spending from an average of $500 billion to $800 billion a year. In FY 2011, he set a new record of $855 billion in FY 2011 set a new record. Obama spent $807 billion on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. That's almost as much as the $1.16 trillion Bush devoted to the War on Terror.

What about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act? It didn't add anything to the debt in Obama's first term. Most of Obamacare's costs began in 2014 when the health insurance exchanges opened. It also extended coverage to more low-income people that year. But Obamacare's tax increases offset its costs to the tune of $104 billion between 2010 and 2019.

Congress and Obama also negotiated the sequestration budget cuts. That cut the deficit by a small percentage. When all these are added up, Obama's debt contribution was $983 billion, according to an analysis by the Washington Post.

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

STILL WAITING FOR OFFICIAL VERIFICATION OF THE NUMBERS HUFFBLOWS PULLED OUT OF ITS ASS....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lady. It is not up to me to impress you or vice versa. The reason this country is "divided" is simple. Democrats lost, they freaked out. I am assuming they thought the party of more free shit was coming in. It did not. They cannot handle that.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lady. It is not up to me to impress you or vice versa. The reason this country is "divided" is simple. Democrats lost, they freaked out. I am assuming they thought the party of more free shit was coming in. It did not. They cannot handle that.
    This country was divided when Obama was president, and before that when W was. It is getting increasingly worse.

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This country was divided when Obama was president, and before that when W was. It is getting increasingly worse.
    That will be the next Democrat talking point as they are running out of everything else.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That will be the next Democrat talking point as they are running out of everything else.
    You all sure bleated enough for all of us about it when Obama was POTUS.

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Feel free to back that up with a post or threads. I care about Obama then as I care now. None.

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now show me where I posted any of that. You may go now.
    You do understand that lacking a plural form in English of the word "you," that "you all" suffices to indicate more than one, right?