Thread: Questions for Anti-Choice Crowd

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Why is voting a bad thing? The League of Women Voters holds voter registration drives on college campuses, and helps organize rides to the polls for kids who don't have transportation. Isn't encouraging the exercise of our citizenship a good thing? Or do you assume that they're telling the ppl who to vote for?
    I didn't say it was did I? I simply said that Democrats have held voter drives in predominantly Democrat oriented areas. With the intention of increasing the Democratic voting bloc. How many voter drives do you see in upper suburbia that tend to lean Republican?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (05-25-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I didn't say it was did I? I simply said that Democrats have held voter drives in predominantly Democrat oriented areas. With the intention of increasing the Democratic voting bloc. How many voter drives do you see in upper suburbia that tend to lean Republican?
    I really don't know about suburbia, other than I recall voter drives in St. Louis County, which mostly tended to go red. We lived for 11 years in a rural, predominantly conservative area. There were voter drives there, as well as volunteers who would drive ppl (mostly the elderly) to the polls and home again.

Again, why did you bring up (D)s having voter drives as though it bothered you? I don't care who the ppl eventually vote for; I just like them doing it. Otherwise, it seems like the sacrifices that you and other vets made to ensure that precious right are wasted.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I really don't know about suburbia, other than I recall voter drives in St. Louis County, which mostly tended to go red. We lived for 11 years in a rural, predominantly conservative area. There were voter drives there, as well as volunteers who would drive ppl (mostly the elderly) to the polls and home again.

Again, why did you bring up (D)s having voter drives as though it bothered you? I don't care who the ppl eventually vote for; I just like them doing it. Otherwise, it seems like the sacrifices that you and other vets made to ensure that precious right are wasted.
    My post was in response to
    Originally Posted by Gonzomin
    Has a Dem ever done that? I thought the homeless guy would have to register and then get to the polls. You say the dumbest shit.
    He brought it up so I replied. Honestly I don't believe in voter drives. If a person is a citizen then they have an obligation to participate in the running of this nation and should register on their own initiative. Of course there are some who need assistance and I am all for that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (05-25-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    You are anti-science. Life doesn't begin at conception. Life is continuous. Both the egg and the sperm are alive. Life began once, a billion years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I actually agree. but the life of the new individual does begin wt conception, but you're right the cells are never non living, or non human. its a circle of life.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Do you have children? When did you acknowledge them as your son or daughter? Did you wait until after they were born?
    No

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,418 Times in 16,407 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post
    No
    Ok...thanks...good to know...

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    This because we have a bad law or policy. In fact it's retarded. No other country allows this.
    That is your opinion. It is basically the reason why you’re a citizen (if you’re in the United States). Save the argument "My parents were citizens"—the same rule applies to them.

Again…you guys ready to have 5-10% more Hisapanics and Blacks here tomorrow (depending on how many Hispanic/Black women are pregnant)? Let the Supreme Court (the 9 unelected people in robes you guys used to hate) uphold this Heartbeat Bill today. I’m good with it myself. Great stuff for progressives. For brain-dead conservatives? Not so much. CA and NY will pick up a few electoral votes and as Texas becomes more purple….LOL. No more deportations of undocumented Hispanic women since they’re carrying an unborn citizen. Again…great stuff.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

I suspect, if the Dems win, they will not make abortion mandatory. We do not believe in all the wasted money and bureaucracies that the rightys do. We do not want the police and government to have even more power over the people and particularly women. We do not want them into people's personal lives. Can you imagine the police having to go to hospitals and homes to enforce right wing birthlaws? Can you figure out how many wrong cases they will find?

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Very good.
    Now answer the question. Persons of color are having 3 babies for every anglo. Meaning that for every pregnant white woman, there are three pregnant women of color. The disparity is only going to grow as we go forward…. You guys okay giving all of those people citizenship prior to the ethnic cleansing you all crave?
    so out of all the arguments for abortion you could muster, you thought your best bet was "we could kill more black people this way?"

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by g r i n d View Post
    so out of all the arguments for abortion you could muster, you thought your best bet was "we could kill more black people this way?"
    Not sure if you’re responding to the right post since I made no such argument…nor did I ever make any argument close to that.

The best argument to preserve a woman’s right to choose is that, despite the right wing’s best efforts, the 14th Amendment provides for equal protection under the law; meaning that a woman has the same rights that a man has. I know you guys on the right hate that…but it’s in the Constitution. Sorry.

This extends to privacy in medical procedures.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is your opinion. It is basically the reason why you’re a citizen (if you’re in the United States). Save the argument "My parents were citizens"—the same rule applies to them.

Again…you guys ready to have 5-10% more Hisapanics and Blacks here tomorrow (depending on how many Hispanic/Black women are pregnant)? Let the Supreme Court (the 9 unelected people in robes you guys used to hate) uphold this Heartbeat Bill today. I’m good with it myself. Great stuff for progressives. For brain-dead conservatives? Not so much. CA and NY will pick up a few electoral votes and as Texas becomes more purple….LOL. No more deportations of undocumented Hispanic women since they’re carrying an unborn citizen. Again…great stuff.
    Their parent were citizens as well...

What other country allows a foreigner to come i to the US, be here five minutes before giving birth and grants that child citizenship? It's a retarded law.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Their parent were citizens as well...
    Likely because they were born here.

If most people had to justify their right to stay here, we’d be deporting large swaths of Red States (and considerable swaths of all states) immediately.

Which highlights the absurdity of the new immigration standards that Trump is introducing. An “uneducated” roofer is more important to me than a “skilled” systems analyst any day. An “unskilled” plumber’s helper is more needed than all of the attorneys who may be applying for citizenship; we have plenty of those.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Being born here means that you’re a citizen; since being born, for you guys, is no longer a distinguishing factor….you must think that any zygote who is currently inside a woman’s body is a citizen with every right you had at that time.
    why?.......you just said they had to be born here under the law in question........personally I think the law should be changed eliminating birth citizenship.....obviously I wouldn't be in favor of conception citizenship.......

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why?.......you just said they had to be born here under the law in question........personally I think the law should be changed eliminating birth citizenship.....obviously I wouldn't be in favor of conception citizenship.......
    Not sure what you’re asking?

Why does being born here mean you’re a citizen? It’s in the constitution. "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

The anti-choice crowd is arguing that life begins at conception and birth is no longer a prerequisite for personhood so that would suspend the concept of one being “born” if that law is codified nationwide. In Georgia, for example, the new law extends tax breaks to women who are pregnant. Yep…you heard that right. If you’re pregnant in Georgia, you now have a dependent! "Will an unborn child be eligible to be included as a dependent on the state tax returns?

Yes. The new law clarifies that if they meet the other qualifications for the term “dependent” under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, any unborn child with a detectable human heartbeat shall qualify as a dependent minor.”

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...ldren-persons/

If we get rid of birthright citizenship, determining who is a citizen and who isn’t should be lotsa fun. Especially if we adopt the new crazy-koo-koo Trump immigration policies as a barometer; where you have to show that you’re “desirable” to be given entry into the nation.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not sure what you’re asking?

Why does being born here mean you’re a citizen? It’s in the constitution. "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

The anti-choice crowd is arguing that life begins at conception and birth is no longer a prerequisite for personhood so that would suspend the concept of one being “born” if that law is codified nationwide. In Georgia, for example, the new law extends tax breaks to women who are pregnant. Yep…you heard that right. If you’re pregnant in Georgia, you now have a dependent! "Will an unborn child be eligible to be included as a dependent on the state tax returns?

Yes. The new law clarifies that if they meet the other qualifications for the term “dependent” under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, any unborn child with a detectable human heartbeat shall qualify as a dependent minor.”

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...ldren-persons/

If we get rid of birthright citizenship, determining who is a citizen and who isn’t should be lotsa fun. Especially if we adopt the new crazy-koo-koo Trump immigration policies as a barometer; where you have to show that you’re “desirable” to be given entry into the nation.

Also, another delicious part of the new Georgia law is that Fathers are now on the hook for pregnancy and birth expenses under the law. Meaning that if you knock up someone…you’re likely paying the hospital bills for the woman to have a kid.

Can the father of an unborn child be forced to pay child support?

Yes. However, the maximum amount of support that the court may impose on the father before the child is born cannot exceed the amount of direct medical and pregnancy related expenses of the mother of the unborn child.

It’s a lot of trouble you boys are going through to try to keep women from having sex…