Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX bill allows 'CARRYING' in churches. Does that include synagogues & mosques?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default TX bill allows 'CARRYING' in churches. Does that include synagogues & mosques?

Of course synagogues and mosques have OUTSIDERS who come in and shoot at THEM so maybe the RABBI or IMAM can take the WHITE GUY out first. Actually I would have assumed Texas could CARRY already. Or just did. This is a total surprise to me. Of course, the churches themselves have said NO, don't bring them in. (I see this as a SCOTUS case in the future).

PS Let it actually happen at a mosque or synagogue and see what happens when some white Texan (guy) gets shot. You know, something like ONLY churches with crosses on top can allow guns in.

Texas House passes bill allowing handgun owners to carry weapons in church

TEXAS TRIBUNE
    21 MAY 2019 AT 06:11 ET

Senate Bill 53 strikes a provision in current law that says handguns aren’t allowed in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship.” Miguel Gutierrez Jr. / The Texas Tribune

More than a year after a gunman killed 26 in a Sutherland Springs church, the Texas House gave preliminary approval Monday to a bill that would allow licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in places of worship.

The legislation — Senate Bill 535 by Republican state Sen. Donna Campbell of New Braunfels — strikes a provision in current law that says handguns aren’t allowed in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship.”

To be clear, churches would still be able to prohibit licensed citizens from carrying firearms on their premises so long as they provide oral or written notice.

Campbell’s bill codifies a previous opinion from Attorney General Ken Paxton sought shortly after the shooting in Sutherland Springs. In the opinion, Paxton stated that “unless a church provides effective oral or written notice prohibiting the carrying of handguns on its property, a license holder may carry a handgun onto the premises of church property as the law allows.”

“The existing statute is confusing and clunky and has kept law-abiding Texans from exercising their second [amendment] rights where those with evil intentions have tragically targeted innocent lives,” Campbell said in an emailed statement to The Texas Tribune. “This bill provides clarity of the Legislature’s intent to treat churches and houses of worship in the same manner as other privately owned establishments in Texas.”

Many lawmakers said such a measure was needed in Texas after the 2016 shooting in Sutherland Springs, a small town of about 650. In late 2017, morning services at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, a tiny town about 30 miles southeast of San Antonio, became the scene of a massacre after a lone gunman killed more than two dozen people and injured many more in the deadliest shooting at a place of worship in American history.

The Senate has already approved Campbell’s bill. Once the House grants final approval, the bill can be sent to the governor.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/tex...ons-in-church/

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

churches in the US are clearly for-profit enterprises, long past time to tax the shit out of these cultists

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

StoneByStone (05-21-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

“TX bill allows 'CARRYING' in churches.”

Sounds like a good idea.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    churches in the US are clearly for-profit enterprises, long past time to tax the shit out of these cultists
    NO SHIT! I'm a fallen away Catholic, I knew that shit when I first heard 'my' church owned billions in land and as I remember HILTON HOTEL STOCK. (Some well known high end hotel company).

How many BILLIONS are they ripping off taxpayers for? MEGACHURCHES? Catholic dioceses? The umbrella of the SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION and it's thousands of churches?

7. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Of course synagogues and mosques have OUTSIDERS who come in and shoot at THEM so maybe the RABBI or IMAM can take the WHITE GUY out first. Actually I would have assumed Texas could CARRY already. Or just did. This is a total surprise to me. Of course, the churches themselves have said NO, don't bring them in. (I see this as a SCOTUS case in the future).

PS Let it actually happen at a mosque or synagogue and see what happens when some white Texan (guy) gets shot. You know, something like ONLY churches with crosses on top can allow guns in.

TEXAS TRIBUNE

Senate Bill 53 strikes a provision in current law that says handguns aren’t allowed in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship.” Miguel Gutierrez Jr. / The Texas Tribune

More than a year after a gunman killed 26 in a Sutherland Springs church, the Texas House gave preliminary approval Monday to a bill that would allow licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in places of worship.

The legislation — Senate Bill 535 by Republican state Sen. Donna Campbell of New Braunfels — strikes a provision in current law that says handguns aren’t allowed in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship.”

To be clear, churches would still be able to prohibit licensed citizens from carrying firearms on their premises so long as they provide oral or written notice.

Campbell’s bill codifies a previous opinion from Attorney General Ken Paxton sought shortly after the shooting in Sutherland Springs. In the opinion, Paxton stated that “unless a church provides effective oral or written notice prohibiting the carrying of handguns on its property, a license holder may carry a handgun onto the premises of church property as the law allows.”

“The existing statute is confusing and clunky and has kept law-abiding Texans from exercising their second [amendment] rights where those with evil intentions have tragically targeted innocent lives,” Campbell said in an emailed statement to The Texas Tribune. “This bill provides clarity of the Legislature’s intent to treat churches and houses of worship in the same manner as other privately owned establishments in Texas.”

Many lawmakers said such a measure was needed in Texas after the 2016 shooting in Sutherland Springs, a small town of about 650. In late 2017, morning services at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, a tiny town about 30 miles southeast of San Antonio, became the scene of a massacre after a lone gunman killed more than two dozen people and injured many more in the deadliest shooting at a place of worship in American history.

The Senate has already approved Campbell’s bill. Once the House grants final approval, the bill can be sent to the governor.

That's just one of those cultural differences about Southern Conservatives that just simply boggles the mind. Why in God's good name would you bring a weapon into a house of God? I mean if you're neighborhood is so violent that you have to go to worship armed then you've got waaaaaay bigger problems than defending 2nd amendment rights.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

9. The Following User Groans At Mott the Hoople For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-21-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    “TX bill allows 'CARRYING' in churches.”

Sounds like a good idea.
    Sounds like there really is no need for a law.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    That's just one of those cultural differences about Southern Conservatives that just simply boggles the mind. Why in God's good name would you bring a weapon into a house of God? I mean if you're neighborhood is so violent that you have to go to worship armed then you've got waaaaaay bigger problems than defending 2nd amendment rights.
    Shall not be infringed.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post

TEXAS TRIBUNE

Can't read YOUR OWN LINK????

"......strikes a provision in current law that says handguns aren’t allowed in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship.”

MORE READING COMP PROBLEMS from the JPP LEFT....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Shall not be infringed.
    Who the hell is infringing. To me bringing a weapon to a house of God is blasphemous and I don’t get. Are Southern communities that violent?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well. Some of those preachers and pastors can get a bit long winded. They feel the spirit and that sermon just keeps getting longer and longer. Allowing guns in there would hurry the "Amen, be kind to your neighbors and see you next Sunday" part right up!

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Um, maybe because people occasionally shoot up houses of worship? You would prefer congregants be defenseless? Too bad the Christchurch worshipers were unarmed. Do you think that was a good thing?
    Every life matters

18. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who the hell is infringing. To me bringing a weapon to a house of God is blasphemous and I don’t get. Are Southern communities that violent?
    How exactly is that blasphemous?
    Every life matters

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gun free zones, the shooters love them.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is an ANATHEMA to me. Just bizarre.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Gun free zones, the shooters love them.
    So do libs, evidently. Mott would rather worshipers be slaughtered I guess.
    Every life matters

23. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)