Thread: Shopping center parkjing lots full, economy is great!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Shopping center parkjing lots full, economy is great!

US retail sales in surprise climb

US retail sales climbed by the largest amount in six months during May after spending was helped by tax rebates.

Sales rose by a better-than-expected 1% in May, the Commerce Department said, the largest rise since November.

It also said April's figure had been revised up to a rise of 0.4% against the previous estimate of a 0.2% fall.

Economists said the rise indicated that the economy had been given a boost by the stimulus package under which millions of Americans got tax rebates.

Core retail sales, which exclude car sales, rose 1.2%, the Commerce Department said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7450991.stm

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

I hope you didn't need the bbc to convince you of this obvious fact...
    Its been this way for years....malls lots are packed and people are buying...and you have waiting lines at every eatery ..... I quite tired of it myself....I'll be glad to see the Dims take over and people start to stay the hell home....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

So the money we borrowed to give back to taxpayers is being spent in malls? Is this what we have learned as a people, when the economy starts to turn downward we spend money that we really didn't have? Instead of save, or pay off or pay down a credit card (which is what I did with my check). When the going gets tough the tough go shopping. So what happens now that those checks were spent?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    So the money we borrowed to give back to taxpayers is being spent in malls? Is this what we have learned as a people, when the economy starts to turn downward we spend money that we really didn't have? Instead of save, or pay off or pay down a credit card (which is what I did with my check). When the going gets tough the tough go shopping. So what happens now that those checks were spent?
    Starts to turn downward...?
    Bullshit...the economy is and has been in great shape for the last 7 years....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    It's why I have stock in both MasterCard and Visa....and both have consistently given me good returns.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post

Great shape? For some maybe. For those who are stuck in the service sector it's not been so hot....aint been bad.....but not great either.

Problem is, people remember the spectacular prosperity of the 90's.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mottleydude View Post
    Great shape? For some maybe. For those who are stuck in the service sector it's not been so hot....aint been bad.....but not great either.

Problem is, people remember the spectacular prosperity of the 90's.
    And you want to convince us that 'everyone' did just spectacular in the '90's...

Is that it....? You want us to believe the waitress's made 100 grand a year...
    How about the barbers, 150 thou a year in the 90's ???....

The 90's were just fine for alot of folks, and the last few years have also been just fine for alot of folks....

Their is ALWAYS some group that lags in prosperity, ALWAYS.....no matter how great the economy, no matter what party is in office....ALWAYS....

Clinton had a tech bubble that went bust and Bush had a housing bubble that went bust....and Obama will have a ??? bubble that will run its course....

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Bear and Stearns ring a bell ?