Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 75 universities now host blacks-only graduation ceremonies

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Lol, you are out of touch with society. The event was organized and held by blacks and was specifically for the benefit of blacks. Clear racial discrimination. Whites can't do this shit without the air raid sirens sounding at all the MSM headquarters and publishing endless racial discrimination headlines, but lefties think it is ok when blacks do it.
    And that why we have the problems we have today..HUGE double standards

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Earl (05-21-2019), Evmetro (05-21-2019), Wolverine (05-21-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Lol, you are out of touch with society. The event was organized and held by blacks and was specifically for the benefit of blacks. Clear racial discrimination. Whites can't do this shit without the air raid sirens sounding at all the MSM headquarters and publishing endless racial discrimination headlines, but lefties think it is ok when blacks do it.
    For starters whites wouldn't host their own graduation because at most school's the majority of graduates are white.

I've already stated there are even blacks who have questioned the need for these separate ceremonies. But discrimination means excluding others. No one is being excluded from these black ceremonies.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Segregation, blacks only.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-21-2019), Wolverine (05-21-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

An activity organized and put on by blacks for the benefit of blacks clearly excludes races that are not black.
    Did you look at the link I provided? At least with Harvard's it doesn't exclude blacks. I expect that with most of these events, people other than blacks are welcome. In fact, I'd wager that's true for all the events, since many black students have at least one white parent, and they'd want their parents to be able to attend.

I don't recall ever claiming to be white on these forums.
    I don't recall you saying so, either. So, are you white?

Either way though, I would feel very "unwelcome" attending an event that was organized and put on by blacks for the benefit of blacks if I was not black myself.
    Understood. Many racist white people would be uncomfortable attending such an event. But, keep in mind, they're not forcing anyone to attend events like that. It's entirely voluntary.

Excluding people because of their race is in fact racial discrimination. Racial discrimination is harmful. I am shocked to see a lefty pondering if racial discrimination is harmful or not.
    What is the harm in this case, specifically? Who is the injured party and what injury did he or she suffer?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

Bill (05-21-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    And that why we have the problems we have today..HUGE double standards
    Which problems, specifically, are you envisioning being caused by these double standards?

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-21-2019)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Leaving aside volstrock's racism the article in the OP is a legitimate discussion. I've heard differing opinions from black commentators. I wouldn't say it's monolithic that the black community fully supports these separate type ceremonies (a lot do but not everyone).
    These supplementary ceremonies are voluntary and are offered in addition to the universities’ regular graduations.

Would be great for those that couldn't make the actual graduation..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post

What is the harm in this case, specifically? Who is the injured party and what injury did he or she suffer?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For starters whites wouldn't host their own graduation because at most school's the majority of graduates are white.
    Actually, white only ceremonies are not an option. If whites tried this shit, the air raid sirens would sound immediately at all the major news networks.

I've already stated there are even blacks who have questioned the need for these separate ceremonies. But discrimination means excluding others. No one is being excluded from these black ceremonies.
    There is nothing more clear about racial discrimination than having one race organize and host an event that is meant to benefit their own race. The name alone isolates blacks from other races and shines a spotlight on who the superior race is in this event. The name alone isolates and promotes a race as superior in the event, and this is the very meaning of racism.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

A little fact checking is ALWAYS illuminating. (Especially here!) I'm not going to go to each and every UNIV'S commencement activities, but I'm betting HARVARD's isn't much different. Let us not forget that BLACK PROMS had been going on for 50 years--until pretty recently. They weren't allowed to 'mix' at their integrated schools. Perhaps BLACK KIDS learned to share accomplishment and JOY with their own. After all, WE trained them well.

The Ivy League university actually hosted its second black grad ceremony Tuesday at Radcliffe Yard. Similar to what took place in 2017, the event was sponsored by the Harvard Black Students Association and was designed to honor the achievements of black graduating students. No degrees were conferred during this ceremony; that practice is reserved for the school’s general commencement activities Thursday.

Jillian Simons, co-president of the Harvard Black Graduate Student Alliance, helped plan the event. Last year, only grad students participated in the ceremony, but all students were allowed to attend. Simi Falako, president of the Harvard Black Students Association and a human developmental and regenerative biology major, confirmed that senior undergraduates were included this year. In an email, she also acknowledged that the planning committee used the criticism from last year’s event to improve this year’s. Some tweeted support or defended the event...

https://theundefeated.com/whhw/dont-...rd-university/

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    These supplementary ceremonies are voluntary and are offered in addition to the universities’ regular graduations.

Would be great for those that couldn't make the actual graduation..
    I get all that. (I don't think the impetus behind these separate ceremony's is people not being able to make the overall graduation ceremony, they are usually held at basically the same time)

I'm saying I've read arguments from black commentators who were not for these separate ceremonies.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Did you look at the link I provided? At least with Harvard's it doesn't exclude blacks. I expect that with most of these events, people other than blacks are welcome. In fact, I'd wager that's true for all the events, since many black students have at least one white parent, and they'd want their parents to be able to attend.

I don't recall you saying so, either. So, are you white?

Understood. Many racist white people would be uncomfortable attending such an event. But, keep in mind, they're not forcing anyone to attend events like that. It's entirely voluntary.

If you are able to identify which race the event is about and who it is meant to benefit, then you have identified a race that is being presented and represented as superior at this event. If you cannot identify who the superior race is at this event, then you are retarded. Most lefties are not aware of the actual definition of racism, so I will make you aware that racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Earl (05-21-2019)

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, white only ceremonies are not an option. If whites tried this shit, the air raid sirens would sound immediately at all the major news networks.

There is nothing more clear about racial discrimination than having one race organize and host an event that is meant to benefit their own race. The name alone isolates blacks from other races and shines a spotlight on who the superior race is in this event. The name alone isolates and promotes a race as superior in the event, and this is the very meaning of racism.

That is 100% false. Hosting this is in no way saying anyone is superior to anyone else.

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Awesome. This is a good step towards racial separatism.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Evmetro (05-21-2019)