Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Report: states that voted for Trump are worst to live in, using 70 different metrics

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,892
    Thanks
    1,411
    Thanked 5,290 Times in 3,422 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,178 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Report: states that voted for Trump are worst to live in, using 70 different metrics

    Some states shine in health care. Some soar in education. Some excel in both – or in much more. The Best States ranking of U.S. states draws on thousands of data points to measure how well states are performing for their citizens. In addition to health care and education, the metrics take into account a state’s economy, its roads, bridges, internet and other infrastructure, its public safety, the fiscal stability of state government, and the opportunity it affords its residents.

    More weight was accorded to some state measures than others, based on a survey of what matters most to people. Health care and education were weighted most heavily. Then came state economies, infrastructure, and the opportunity states offer their citizens. Fiscal stability followed closely in weighting, followed by measures of crime & corrections and a state's natural environment.


    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings


    discuss

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,122
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 15,234 Times in 10,544 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 581 Times in 548 Posts

    Default

    A number of the southern states were run by democrats for more than a century. Republicans have only come into power on a local basis over the last couple of decades. So if your argument is simply vote democratic on the local level they’ve been there and done that.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,892
    Thanks
    1,411
    Thanked 5,290 Times in 3,422 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,178 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A number of the southern states were run by democrats for more than a century. Republicans have only come into power on a local basis over the last couple of decades. So if your argument is simply vote democratic on the local level they’ve been there and done that.
    oh sure wackie........b,b,b,b,b, Democrats!

    so lame

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,701
    Thanks
    1,013
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    74
    Groaned 73 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Some states shine in health care. Some soar in education. Some excel in both – or in much more. The Best States ranking of U.S. states draws on thousands of data points to measure how well states are performing for their citizens. In addition to health care and education, the metrics take into account a state’s economy, its roads, bridges, internet and other infrastructure, its public safety, the fiscal stability of state government, and the opportunity it affords its residents.

    More weight was accorded to some state measures than others, based on a survey of what matters most to people. Health care and education were weighted most heavily. Then came state economies, infrastructure, and the opportunity states offer their citizens. Fiscal stability followed closely in weighting, followed by measures of crime & corrections and a state's natural environment.


    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings


    discuss
    Highest % minority populations being the pertinent "metric".
    De Oppresso Liber

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,892
    Thanks
    1,411
    Thanked 5,290 Times in 3,422 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,178 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Highest % minority populations being the pertinent "metric".
    what?

    care to explain that?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    Phantasmal (05-19-2019)

  7. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    12,973
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked 6,001 Times in 4,005 Posts
    Groans
    327
    Groaned 1,131 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Highest % minority populations being the pertinent "metric".

    the fact that trump states are shitholes isn't anything new. This information has been around a long time.

  8. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,122
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 15,234 Times in 10,544 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 581 Times in 548 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    the fact that trump states are shitholes isn't anything new. This information has been around a long time.
    Why do you live in one?

  9. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    12,973
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked 6,001 Times in 4,005 Posts
    Groans
    327
    Groaned 1,131 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Why do you live in one?

    why do you care

  10. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,122
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 15,234 Times in 10,544 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 581 Times in 548 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    why do you care
    I don’t care where you live. I think it’s funny someone as educated as yourself would choose to live in a shithole

  11. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,247
    Thanks
    55,445
    Thanked 23,823 Times in 15,758 Posts
    Groans
    1,761
    Groaned 2,054 Times in 1,927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    what?

    care to explain that?
    He’s a racist, is the explanation.
    That’s why I’m so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,” Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  12. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    12,973
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked 6,001 Times in 4,005 Posts
    Groans
    327
    Groaned 1,131 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don’t care where you live. I think it’s funny someone as educated as yourself would choose to live in a shithole

    my son has done very well since he moved here because being the South people are obviously lazy. I live with him.

  13. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,122
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 15,234 Times in 10,544 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 581 Times in 548 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    my son has done very well since he moved here because being the South people are obviously lazy. I live with him.
    Some definite underlying racism in that comment

  14. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    12,973
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked 6,001 Times in 4,005 Posts
    Groans
    327
    Groaned 1,131 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Some definite underlying racism in that comment

    Nope no racism whatsoever. Southerners are lazy has nothing to do with blacks.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 07:25 AM
  2. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 02:53 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
  4. Top 10 Best/Worst Educated States and how they Voted?!!
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 12:30 PM
  5. Don't get Sick In States that Voted For Bush
    By LadyT in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •