Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default More on the big Babies Tarp

2. The Following User Groans At katzgar For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-01-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-01-2019), evince (05-31-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump said he had not been made aware of any plans concerning the ship, tweeting Wednesday night: "I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan. Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!"

Navy Cmdr. Clay Doss, a US Seventh Fleet spokesman, told CNN that "all ships remained in normal configuration during POTUS' visit."

CNN

Case closed.

5. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-01-2019)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Stretch (05-31-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Try sad that the leader of our country is so thinner skinned his staff feels the need to do this. The unindicted co conspirator, obstructionist is a disgrace.

8. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-31-2019)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-01-2019), Cypress (05-31-2019), evince (05-31-2019), Rune (06-01-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-31-2019)

10. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Try sad that the leader of our country is so thinner skinned his staff feels the need to do this. The unindicted co conspirator, obstructionist is a disgrace.
    English isn't your first language, is it, Super Moderator?

Do you have a first language?

11. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-01-2019)

12. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump said he had not been made aware of any plans concerning the ship, tweeting Wednesday night: "I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan. Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!"

Navy Cmdr. Clay Doss, a US Seventh Fleet spokesman, told CNN that "all ships remained in normal configuration during POTUS' visit."

CNN

Case closed.

13. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-01-2019)

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,630 Times in 27,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post

CNN

Case closed.
    Trump is known to lie his ass off, so I would put zero stock in any denials he issues.

Even if Trump is telling the truth, this still speaks to the fact that his staff believe his ego is so fragile, and they are so terrified of triggering him, they are willing to go to preposterous measures to protect their boss' fragile ego.

That speaks to a serious problem with the mental health of our obese and porcine pussy grabbing president, or at a minimum that his staff believes he has mental health issues..

15. The Following 3 Users Groan At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-01-2019), dukkha (05-31-2019), Earl (05-31-2019)

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-01-2019), domer76 (05-31-2019), evince (05-31-2019), Phantasmal (05-31-2019), Rune (06-01-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-31-2019)

17. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,313 Times in 53,224 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Trump is known to lie his ass off, so I would put zero stock in any denials he issues.

Even if Trump is telling the truth, this still speaks to the fact that his staff believe his ego is so fragile, and they are so terrified of triggering him, they are willing to go to preposterous measures to protect their boss' fragile ego.

That speaks to a serious problem with the mental health of our obese and porcine pussy grabbing president, or at a minimum that his staff believes he has mental health issues..
    It's hard to decide which was the most enjoyable from a Schadenfreude POV during this latest Toadstool PR disaster. The fact that the story was broken by the the WSJ -- owned by the same ultra-RW guy who owns Fox? Watching the Reichtards fumble and mumble as they floundered about helplessly in shock, as they waited desperately for Fox to tell them how to spin it? Later in the day, finding out that the Toadstool actually ADMITTED that it happened but he "had nothing to do with it"?

18. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-31-2019)

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-01-2019), Cypress (05-31-2019), evince (05-31-2019), Phantasmal (05-31-2019)

20. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

CNN

Case closed.

21. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-01-2019)

22. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

CNN

Case closed.

quoting trump makes you sleazy

case closed

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

evince (05-31-2019), Rune (06-01-2019)

24. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

CNN

Case closed.

What happened to. “Collusion?”

Now it’s ships. Lol

25. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-01-2019)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

dukkha (05-31-2019)

27. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

such garbage written with malign intent.
    You can't just accept it was an overzealous staffer -you have to impugn TDS at every opportunity

28. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    such garbage written with malign intent.
    You can't just accept it was an overzealous staffer -you have to impugn TDS at every opportunity
    You seem to be in need of practicing your Buddhist philosophy of self-control and anger management. I recommend temperance and reflection.

I seriously doubt that some low level, 23 year old staffer could order the Pentagon and the Department of the Navy to go to the effort to cover up a ship's name with a sheet.

Why would Trump's staff be afraid of their boss getting triggered and having his fragile ego damaged? Do you think they know (or suspect) more about his personality disorders than you do?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Rune (06-01-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-31-2019)

30. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

CNN

Case closed.
    Despite preliminary discussions to the contrary, U.S. Navy leaders decided not to cover up the name of the USS John S. McCain, as requested by the White House, prior to President Donald Trump's visit to Japan, U.S. officials told ABC News."

"There was a lower level effort to comply with the request but when leadership became aware they ordered the tarp be taken down," a U.S. Navy official acknowledged to ABC News. "Navy leadership decided the name should not be obscured."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-n...ry?id=63362687

"CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin reports that a U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official wrote an email to Navy and Air Force officials before Mr. Trump's arrival. It included instructions for the proper landing areas for helicopters and preparations for the USS Wasp, the ship on which the president was to speak.

The official then issued a third instruction: "USS John McCain needs to be out of sight," according to the email, which was first obtained by The Wall Street Journal. The Washington Post and Associated Press also confirmed its existence."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/reports...g-japan-visit/

Three articles. Thre independent sources saying the same thing. CBS, ABC and WSJ. WaPo and AP said the same thing. And your source is....?

31. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's hard to decide which was the most enjoyable from a Schadenfreude POV during this latest Toadstool PR disaster. The fact that the story was broken by the the WSJ -- owned by the same ultra-RW guy who owns Fox? Watching the Reichtards fumble and mumble as they floundered about helplessly in shock, as they waited desperately for Fox to tell them how to spin it? Later in the day, finding out that the Toadstool actually ADMITTED that it happened but he "had nothing to do with it"?

We all know the obese Man Baby has a glass-fragile ego.

Why are message board wingnuts even pretending that these staffers had credible reason to be concerned that Trump would be triggered and emotionally damaged by seeing the USS McCain?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-01-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-31-2019)

33. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

CNN

Case closed.
    Despite preliminary discussions to the contrary, U.S. Navy leaders decided not to cover up the name of the USS John S. McCain, as requested by the White House, prior to President Donald Trump's visit to Japan, U.S. officials told ABC News."

"There was a lower level effort to comply with the request but when leadership became aware they ordered the tarp be taken down," a U.S. Navy official acknowledged to ABC News. "Navy leadership decided the name should not be obscured."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-n...ry?id=63362687

"CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin reports that a U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official wrote an email to Navy and Air Force officials before Mr. Trump's arrival. It included instructions for the proper landing areas for helicopters and preparations for the USS Wasp, the ship on which the president was to speak.

The official then issued a third instruction: "USS John McCain needs to be out of sight," according to the email, which was first obtained by The Wall Street Journal. The Washington Post and Associated Press also confirmed its existence."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/reports...g-japan-visit/

Three articles. Thre independent sources saying the same thing. CBS, ABC and WSJ. WaPo and AP said the same thing. And your source is....?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-31-2019)