Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No religion allowed.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    The forums leading antisemite!
    And, you're the forum's leading fcktard and antichristian. Moron.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    And, you're the forum's leading fcktard and antichristian. Moron.
    Pro-Jewish = antiChristian to you!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    Pro-Jewish = antiChristian to you!
    Yes, but you're a fcktard that doesn't even know what a Jew is, even when I and every Jew tells you. Fckard, a Jew is Antichristian, academically. Moron. But, even though no Jew has ever told you that a Jew is Judah's ancestor, regardless of religion, you are just too much a piece of worthless fcktard shit to accept basic facts.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    who created your God idiot
    The Creator is ETERNAL.....no one created HIM. Unlike the physical universe which did require a CAUSE and in no way as demonstrated via the laws of physics can possibly be eternal.

Read a scripture every non and then. God is everlasting. (Gen. 21:33) The eternal God. (Deut. 33:27) God inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15). No man is capable of grasping this reality (Eccl. 3:11)

Though God gave us slight understanding of His nature.....no one fully comprehends the true nature of God, we know only what has been revealed, what He wants us to comprehend.

Ya see Christians are not the ones making claims of being able to prove that everything we see in the reality that surrounds us......was just some accident of nature....and then cannot produce the objective evidence to prove this faith based conclusion. Only the fool thinks they can accurately determine all truth thru science.....why? Science is simply a way of thinking, or a Carl Sagan once said, "Science is a way of thinking, an error correcting process by which we figure out what is true and what is not true."

What then is Sagan really saying? He is implying that Science does not always hold the truth....but man is constantly searching for truth, and they do this by correcting the mistakes made by those of the past....mistakes made by men of science. This is true....it seems like every other day some new discovery of science contradicts what was held as truth years, or decades earlier.....take for instance the age of the earth. During my lifetime along Science has told me several things as truths. When I was a child the earth was billions of years younger than its stated age today.....how does the earth advance billions of years in age in decades?

Sagan also address this reality, "Science thrives on errors, cutting them away one by one. False conclusions are drawn all the time, but they are drawn tentatively. Hypothesis are framed so they are capable of being disproven.....Science groups and staggers towards understanding." -- Carl Sagan

In other words in plain English. Science might not have the truth right now, and will not in the future, but we are getting closer all the time.

Just as I concluded. If science is not capable of being applied to reality and subject to regulation via the laws of physics...then its not real science at all, its philosophy dressed up like science, existing only in the mind as a theoretical science ….that which I call PSEUDO SCIENCE....anything other than applied science is pseudo if it declares itself truth void of being confirmed through application of the scientific method.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Yes, but you're a fcktard that doesn't even know what a Jew is, even when I and every Jew tells you. Fckard, a Jew is Antichristian, academically. Moron. But, even though no Jew has ever told you that a Jew is Judah's ancestor, regardless of religion, you are just too much a piece of worthless fcktard shit to accept basic facts.
    Does your Jesus like when you talk about him using profanity?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Mason Michaels (05-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2019)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The Creator is ETERNAL.....no one created HIM. Unlike the physical universe which did require a CAUSE and in no way as demonstrated via the laws of physics can possibly be eternal.

Read a scripture every non and then. God is everlasting. (Gen. 21:33) The eternal God. (Deut. 33:27) God inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15). No man is capable of grasping this reality (Eccl. 3:11)

Though God gave us slight understanding of His nature.....no one fully comprehends the true nature of God, we know only what has been revealed, what He wants us to comprehend.

Ya see Christians are not the ones making claims of being able to prove that everything we see in the reality that surrounds us......was just some accident of nature....and then cannot produce the objective evidence to prove this faith based conclusion. Only the fool thinks they can accurately determine all truth thru science.....why? Science is simply a way of thinking, or a Carl Sagan once said, "Science is a way of thinking, an error correcting process by which we figure out what is true and what is not true."

What then is Sagan really saying? He is implying that Science does not always hold the truth....but man is constantly searching for truth, and they do this by correcting the mistakes made by those of the past....mistakes made by men of science. This is true....it seems like every other day some new discovery of science contradicts what was held as truth years, or decades earlier.....take for instance the age of the earth. During my lifetime along Science has told me several things as truths. When I was a child the earth was billions of years younger than its stated age today.....how does the earth advance billions of years in age in decades?

Sagan also address this reality, "Science thrives on errors, cutting them away one by one. False conclusions are drawn all the time, but they are drawn tentatively. Hypothesis are framed so they are capable of being disproven.....Science groups and staggers towards understanding." -- Carl Sagan

In other words in plain English. Science might not have the truth right now, and will not in the future, but we are getting closer all the time.

Just as I concluded. If science is not capable of being applied to reality and subject to regulation via the laws of physics...then its not real science at all, its philosophy dressed up like science, existing only in the mind as a theoretical science ….that which I call PSEUDO SCIENCE....anything other than applied science is pseudo if it declares itself truth void of being confirmed through application of the scientific method.
    Using the bible to 'prove the claims of the bible is really quite stupid, Walph.

Please be less so.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Does your Jesus like when you talk about him using profanity?
    The insults of his day were different than they are of our day. Yeah, he spent a lot of time telling Jews they were all sorts of nasty things.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    The big bang is a hypothesis based on observational data. It may or may not have happened. In any event, the law of causality states that it was caused to happen. Who or what caused it? I believe God did it. If you disagree, then who or what do you think caused it?
    Trumpf, obviously. He caused God as well.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Using the bible to 'prove the claims of the bible is really quite stupid, Walph.

Please be less so.
    Using the Bible to explain just why faith rests in your heart is stupid only to the foolish. Why? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. But your response is typical of a Darwinian Cultist....when you can't refute the evidence that exists in an objective format YOU ATTACK THE MESSENGER and launch an ad hominem personal attack....Alinsky 101 rules for radicals. (as the scriptures read the same for anyone that would read them....proving there is no subjective opinion but documented evidence). You have provided no objective evidence that the Bible's history is false...none.

Debating the TRUTH of the scriptures is not based upon unproveable truth (faith)…..its based upon PRIMA FACIE evidences. Can you prove that God is not eternal.....can you refute the evidence provided via a demonstration of the Scientific Method? If you can proceed (I am not the one claiming TRUTH based upon Scientific Proof....YOU ARE) Simply prove that anything, any type of mass/matter/energy can create itself from NOTHING as suggested as truth by the greatest Darwinian Cultist mind ever to exist on earth.....Stephen Hawking.

If you cannot prove that the Universe came about by an act of NOTHING exploding (Big Bang)…...then you must logically conclude that some force superior to nature (a Super Natural force) was responsible for the effect known as the physical universe and all its contents and the laws of physics that govern and regulate its physical existence.

What is Prima Facie truth? Its a type of truth accepted in court rooms all across this nation on a daily basis. Its truth as it first appears when first looked upon (via eye witness testimony) and it stands as truth until the Objective, Reproducible evidence comes forth that can vacate that appeared conclusion of truth. The record found in the Holy Bible is based upon recorded eye witness testimony.

The Lord God declared to those inspired to record His message "You are My witnesses...." -- Isa. 43:10-11 The scriptures of record testify concerning Jesus Himself, "You search the scripture hoping to find in them eternal life; it is these that testify of Me...….." -- John 5:39-40. And the record of the acts of the Apostle Peter himself declare that eyewitness testimony best, "We did not follow cleverly devised tales when we (the apostles) made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; BUT WE WERE EYEWITNESSES OF HIS MAJESTY." -- 2 Peter 1:16 Those eyewitness testimonies of record stand as prima facie truth until YOU can disprove them beyond a shadow of doubt via a presentation of objective, reproducible evidences debunking them as absolute untruths.

I accept the History of the Bible as truth because not one passage has ever been subject to refutation through Applied Science or History Actual where the scriptures can be tested by such physical laws and records. As far as the supernatural events. I can no more prove their existence than you can disprove them via application of the inferior laws of physics that can't even define their own existence and how they came to exist. There is no such test available...there is not such thing as a Super-natural-O-meter.

But where the scriptures are testable and measurable via history and applied science.....they have never been refuted as truth (in other words there has been no objective, repeatable evidence to absolutely disprove one word of the Holy Bible as being a falsehood.)

There is nothing CIRCULAR about using the Bible as evidence....because its based upon eyewitness testimony. No more than a jury believing someone is guilty or innocent based upon the eyewitness testimony of 3 or more eyewitnesses. People are jailed and/or gain their freedom everyday in this nation based upon such testimony. Why? Because no one can disprove those testimonies beyond a shadow of doubt. The Bible is not 1 Book.....it is a collection of Books written by at least 36 different writers.....from all walks of life, from Kings to sheep herders, to simple carpenters, from physicians to tax collectors.....but they all agree in their history and record concerning the Majesty of our Lord God Creator. It is a record of things they personally witnessed in the New Testament....and a record of oral and personal eye witness testimony going back to a time before history was ever subject to recording (The Old Testament).
    Last edited by Ralph; 05-18-2019 at 08:57 AM.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's the deal. Atheists claim that the universe does not require a Creator. Well, here's your chance to prove it. All you have to do is show us how it created itself. No pie in the sky 'theories'. Just scientific data to support such an outrageous claim. I ask that no one bring religion into this debate. I want atheist science to show how the universe created itself. No deflection or insults either. Just show us the evidence. If you cant, then you must admit that your theory is based on faith. Not science.
    It wouldn't matter what evidence is offered, you'll find some specious excuse to disbelieve. So why even bother?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (05-18-2019), iolo (05-19-2019)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Here's the deal. Atheists claim that the universe does not require a Creator. Well, here's your chance to prove it. All you have to do is show us how it created itself. No pie in the sky 'theories'. Just scientific data to support such an outrageous claim. I ask that no one bring religion into this debate. I want atheist science to show how the universe created itself. No deflection or insults either. Just show us the evidence. If you cant, then you must admit that your theory is based on faith. Not science.
    Your assumption rests on a premise that time is linear and is fixed, with an absolute beginning and an absolute end.

We have known for over a century that times and space are neither fixed nor absolute. The predictions of the general theory of relatively are well established at this point. To assume there was a "beginning" to time is a substantial and unsupported assumption. Time may be infinite, with no beginning and no end. Any so called "beginning" of the universe may just be an artificial construct of the limited capacity of the human brain to understand nature. Time is mysterious and far more complex that the human brain is probably capable of understanding. We are just smart chimpanzees after all - we have significant limitations in comprehending nature and reality.

The bottom line is that this is an area of human knowledge for which we have no concrete answers, and maybe we never will.

One thing I do know: the Bible says nothing about a guy in white robes being responsible for the Big Bang. Any suggestion that the Bible refers to the big bang is based on guesswork, speculative interpretation, and supposition

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2019)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    There is no 'atheist science' any more than there is fantasist biblebasher science. Science deals with likelihood: there was a Big Bang, apparently. You make it? If not, what are you on about?
    The bible says God created the universe in six days and that Jonah lived in the belly of a fish.

These defy the laws of physics, defy empirical observation, and defy common sense experience.

If the bible is wrong about that, what else is it wrong about?

Maybe we should just conclude the obvious: the Old Testament is a collection of allegory and parable.
    And allegory does not discount the value of faith and spirituality in anyone's life. The Old Testament does not have to be put into a contest with particle physics and evolutionary biology.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

iolo (05-19-2019)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Your assumption rests on a premise that time is linear and is fixed, with an absolute beginning and an absolute end.

We have known for over a century that times and space are neither fixed nor absolute. The predictions of the general theory of relatively are well established at this point. To assume there was a "beginning" to time is a substantial and unsupported assumption. Time may be infinite, with no beginning and no end. Any so called "beginning" of the universe may just be an artificial construct of the limited capacity of the human brain to understand nature. Time is mysterious and far more complex that the human brain is probably capable of understanding. We are just smart chimpanzees after all - we have significant limitations in comprehending nature and reality.

The bottom line is that this is an area of human knowledge for which we have no concrete answers, and maybe we never will.

One thing I do know: the Bible says nothing about a guy in white robes being responsible for the Big Bang. Any suggestion that the Bible refers to the big bang is based on guesswork, speculative interpretation, and supposition
    If you had an infinite number of yesterdays, tomorrow would never get here.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

One thing I do know: the Bible says nothing about a guy in white robes being responsible for the Big Bang.
    Genesis 1:1.....

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

isn't the Big Bang the absolute beginning of this universe?.......