Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No religion allowed.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Default No religion allowed.

Here's the deal. Atheists claim that the universe does not require a Creator. Well, here's your chance to prove it. All you have to do is show us how it created itself. No pie in the sky 'theories'. Just scientific data to support such an outrageous claim. I ask that no one bring religion into this debate. I want atheist science to show how the universe created itself. No deflection or insults either. Just show us the evidence. If you cant, then you must admit that your theory is based on faith. Not science.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    Here's the deal. Atheists claim that the universe does not require a Creator. Well, here's your chance to prove it. All you have to do is show us how it created itself. No pie in the sky 'theories'. Just scientific data to support such an outrageous claim. I ask that no one bring religion into this debate. I want atheist science to show how the universe created itself. No deflection or insults either. Just show us the evidence. If you cant, then you must admit that your theory is based on faith. Not science.
    There is no 'atheist science' any more than there is fantasist biblebasher science. Science deals with likelihood: there was a Big Bang, apparently. You make it? If not, what are you on about?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iolo For This Post:

Aimée (05-17-2019), Cypress (05-17-2019), Phantasmal (05-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    There is no 'atheist science' any more than there is fantasist biblebasher science. Science deals with likelihood: there was a Big Bang, apparently. You make it? If not, what are you on about?
    The big bang is a hypothesis based on observational data. It may or may not have happened. In any event, the law of causality states that it was caused to happen. Who or what caused it? I believe God did it. If you disagree, then who or what do you think caused it?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thing is, you're too stupid to understand any rational response to your braying.

There is no credible evidence to demonstrate that the universe was designed, created, etc.. by some omnipotent being, nor can you provide any such evidence.

You claim to work in science, and yet you spew bullshit about 'atheist science'.

Why do you guzzle Satan's frothy devil-seed?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

Cypress (05-17-2019), domer76 (05-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The big bang is a hypothesis based on observational data. It may or may not have happened. In any event, the law of causality states that it was caused to happen. Who or what caused it? I believe God did it. If you disagree, then who or what do you think caused it?
    There is no 'law of causality', ya silly Christ-hating devil-worshiper.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Thing is, you're too stupid to understand any rational response to your braying.

There is no credible evidence to demonstrate that the universe was designed, created, etc.. by some omnipotent being, nor can you provide any such evidence.

You claim to work in science, and yet you spew bullshit about 'atheist science'.

Why do you guzzle Satan's frothy devil-seed?
    I asked you to explain how the universe was created. It's a simple question. And it WAS created. It could not have created itself. This is a question about science. How and why does the universe exist? If you cannot give a scientific explanation, then shut you mouth. Also, the OP stated that no insults will be allowed. Keep it up and you will be reported to admin. We all want a civil discussion here.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I asked you to explain how the universe was created. It's a simple question. And it WAS created. It could not have created itself. This is a question about science. How and why does the universe exist? If you cannot give a scientific explanation, then shut you mouth. Also, the OP stated that no insults will be allowed. Keep it up and you will be reported to admin. We all want a civil discussion here.
    There is no evidence that you can cite that definitively demonstrates the universe was created. Zero.

And you wouldn't know science if it were sodomizing you, Christ-hater.

Please prove that the universe wasn't created by La'Zorking, the lizard-god of condiments and jam.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no 'law of causality', ya silly Christ-hating devil-worshiper.
    If you throw a rock and it breaks a window, what do you call it? Your action caused the window to break. This simple concept underpins all of science. Especially physics. Cause and effect. BTW, that was your second strike. Keep a civil tongue, or you will be reported.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you throw a rock and it breaks a window, what do you call it? Your action caused the window to break. This simple concept underpins all of science. Especially physics. Cause and effect. BTW, that was your second strike. Keep a civil tongue, or you will be reported.
    LOL! You assume that classical Newtonian physics still apply and completely ignore Quantum physics.

IOW, you're simply reasserting the tired, old "Unmoved mover" BS. You're demanding that the infinite regression of movement/causation be terminated in the past by an 'impossible' object not subject to the laws in action upon everything else

IOW, you worship Satan, silly Christ-hater.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL! You assume that classical Newtonian physics still apply and completely ignore Quantum physics.

IOW, you're simply reasserting the tired, old "Unmoved mover" BS. You're demanding that the infinite regression of movement/causation be terminated in the past by an 'impossible' object not subject to the laws in action upon everything else

IOW, you worship Satan, silly Christ-hater.
    Reported. Placed on ignore. You will also be banned from any thread I start. Have a nice day.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Reported. Placed on ignore. You will also be banned from any thread I start. Have a nice day.
    Sorry that you regret that your mother was a whore.

Why do you hate Jesus?

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

So is your argument that if you cant prove how the universe was created, God must have done it? Silly.

Just because modern science is not advanced enough to prove something does not mean God must have done it.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Cypress (05-17-2019), Phantasmal (05-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2019)

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,289 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Was this universe creator of yours the same one that is around today? The one that is omnibenevolent, omniscient, omnipotent? And you buy that bullshit?

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,201 Times in 13,945 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

This exchange has sunk fast, it went from Aquinas's Prime Mover to "your mother is a whore"

Amazing after all this time some still attempt to explain religion in Aristotlelian terms, it is Platonic, you either have faith,or you don't, really is that simple

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Aimée (05-17-2019), Phantasmal (05-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2019)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This exchange has sunk fast, it went from Aquinas's Prime Mover to "your mother is a whore"

Amazing after all this time some still attempt to explain religion in Aristotlelian terms, it is Platonic, you either have faith,or you don't, really is that simple
    ^^^ Likely the funniest summation of a thread that I've ever seen, and I mean that.

Thanks, I needed that.