Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska teens tell Methodist church to go f themselves, sign of the times

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    That's what I thought. You make a demand then run like a nigger when expected to back it up.
    Shame on you!!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Obviously, in the civilized world, they are still practicing polygamy.
    Utah? Not legally, I think. I hadn't realised you were into that stuff. Surely you're not supposed to get sozzled?
    Last edited by iolo; 05-21-2019 at 05:49 AM.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Entire Methodist confirmation class declines to become members over anti-LGBTQ policies

“We have spent the year learning about our faith and clarifying our beliefs. Most of us started the confirmation year assuming that we would join the church at the end, but with the action of the general conference in February, we are disappointed about the direction the United Methodist denomination is heading,” they wrote.

“We are concerned that if we join at this time, we will be sending a message that we approve of this decision.”

“We want to be clear that, while we love our congregation, we believe that the United Methodist policies on LGBTQ+ clergy and same sex marriage are immoral,” they continued. “Depending on how this church responds to the general conference action, we will decide at a later time whether or not to become officially confirmed. But until then, we will continue to stand up against the unjust actions that the denomination is taking.”

“We are not standing just for ourselves, we are standing for every single member of the LGBTQ+ community who is hurting right now, Because we were raised in this church, we believe that if we all stand together as a whole, we can make a difference.”

Churches around the nation protested the anti-LGBTQ stance after the General Conference of the United Methodist Church voted to reaffirm their teaching that homosexuality is “incompatible” with Christianity and to punish individual churches that perform marriages for same-sex couples and allow LGBT clergy.

The eight teenagers received a standing ovation from the congregation for their decision to stand up for Christian values in the face of systemic discrimination.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/04/...gbtq-policies/
    Indeed....a sign of the times. Ignoring Christian Doctrine in favor of man made doctrine. THE STATE has indoctrinated these children quite well. There is only one "unforgivable" sin....the sin that remains unrepentant. Truth cannot "evolve"....what was true 2000 years ago is true today, or it was never truth in the first place. Christian Doctrine cannot evolve if its based upon established truth.

What? Are these CHILDREN suggesting there is no supporting doctrine found in scripture declaring queerness a sin against humanity and the teachings of the Lord? Congress indeed has taught these children how to make a production (show) out of lies in seeking accolade and attention. Why should the children of any organized denominational church be any different than the majority of left wing brats that have been reared as LATCH KEY babies …...being instructed in morality not by parental and church guidance but by HOLLYWOOD on the tube and social networks? Let them Bow before the Neon god (media outlets) they have created...as for My family and I, we shall serve the Lord God, rather than man.
    Last edited by Ralph; 05-21-2019 at 06:42 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2019), leaningright (05-21-2019)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Earl (05-23-2019)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Indeed....a sign of the times. Ignoring Christian Doctrine in favor of man made doctrine. THE STATE has indoctrinated these children quite well. There is only one "unforgivable" sin....the sin that remains unrepentant. Truth cannot "evolve"....what was true 2000 years ago is true today, or it was never truth in the first place. Christian Doctrine cannot evolve if its based upon established truth.

What? Are these CHILDREN suggesting there is no supporting doctrine found in scripture declaring queerness a sin against humanity and the teachings of the Lord? Congress indeed has taught these children how to make a production (show) out of lies in seeking accolade and attention. Why should the children of any organized denominational church be any different than the majority of left wing brats that have been reared as LATCH KEY babies …...being instructed in morality not by parental and church guidance but by HOLLYWOOD on the tube and social networks? Let them Bow before the Neon god (media outlets) they have created...as for My family and I, we shall serve the Lord God, rather than man.
    Well Pastor, I hope you next sermon is on Love, Christian Love, love for thy neighbor & THY ENEMY.. Thank you in advance...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well Pastor, I hope you next sermon is on Love, Christian Love, love for thy neighbor & THY ENEMY.. Thank you in advance...
    So, you say fags are our enemies? That might be the first honest thing you've ever said.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pastor? That’s a scary thought.

11. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-22-2019)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    So, you say fags are our enemies? That might be the first honest thing you've ever said.
    Since your a newb, do you think anyone cares what you think??

When you hit a 1,000+ post kid you hit me up.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Pastor? That’s a scary thought.
    Homosexuality is “incompatible with Christianity,”Super Moderator.”

If you would attend church, you would know that.
    Last edited by Earl; 05-23-2019 at 06:31 AM.

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Since your a newb, do you think anyone cares what you think??

When you hit a 1,000+ post kid you hit me up.

So, Snowflake, posters are to be judged by the number of posts they have made.

I haven’t read all of your 13 K posts but your recent ones are pobre.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    So, Snowflake, posters are to be judged by the number of posts they have made.

I haven’t read all of your 13 K posts but your recent ones are pobre.
    Do you think I or anyone cares what your opinion is on them or anything really??

One day when you grow up & act like an adult instead of going around like an angry rodent bitching, groaning & whining about everything & attacking.......

You prob have an occasional good point, different insight etc but no one is gonna listen if you always act like an asshole, just sayin!!!!

Anywayz, you have a nice evening....

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Homosexuality is “incompatible with Christianity,”Super Moderator.

If you would attend church, you would know that.
    It’s why I stopped attending because a good many Christians don’t practice what Jesus preached, to love others as you love, the Lord your God, to not judge others, to turn the other cheek and to help the least amongst you. You are a prime example of everything wrong with faux Christians.

17. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-23-2019)

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you think I or anyone cares what your opinion is on them or anything really??

One day when you grow up & act like an adult instead of going around like an angry rodent bitching, groaning & whining about everything & attacking.......

You prob have an occasional good point, different insight etc but no one is gonna listen if you always act like an asshole, just sayin!!!!

Anywayz, you have a nice evening....
    Take a hike...Bill.

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It’s why I stopped attending because a good many Christians don’t practice what Jesus preached, to live others as you love, the Lord your God, to not judge others, to turn the other cheek and to help the least amongst you. You are a prime example of everything wrong with faux Christians.

So, Super Moderator, your attendance is based on the practices of other attendees. Such a shallow religious conviction.

Talk about a faux Christian.

I expect that you just find the rules and consequences of organized religion to be a bit too tough.

Now, Super Moderator, take a hike.