Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Hermes Thoth, The Anonymous, /MSG/, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, Niche Political Commentor, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, Darth Omar, CFM, DBCooper, chink, Superfreak, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, Loving91390, fandango, United76America, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Proud Boy, Earl and Nate Higgers

Thread: World of Tanks...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

Default World of Tanks...

My buddies from Minsk play this game relentlessly. As far as I know, it is the only online game of international repute developed in the beautiful Republic of Belarus.

World of Tanks (WoT) is a massively multiplayer online game developed by Belarusian company Wargaming, featuring mid-20th century era combat vehicles. It is built upon a freemium business model where the game is free-to-play, but participants also have the option of paying a fee for use of "premium" features. The focus is on player vs. player gameplay with each player controlling an armored vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks
    I rank my top five World War 2 era tanks.
    The best tanks of the war were Russian and German. I am not sure why the British basically couldn't field a top notch tank. American tank strategy was fundamentally different from Soviets or Germans, so the Yanks did not emphasize tank warfare in the way German and Soviet armies did. M-4 Sherman was adequate for what it was designed to do, but it would get clobbered in a one-on-one with Soviet T-34 or Nazi Tiger.

1) Soviet T-34 - arguably the Tank that won World War two and drove the nails into the coffin of Naziism. German Field Marshall von Kleist described the T-34 as 'the best tank of World War Two.'
    2) German Tiger - best Nazi heavy tank of the war, completely outgunning the American Shermans.
    3) German Panzer IV
    4) German Panther
    5) Soviet IS-2 - arguably the best heavy tank of the war.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

Largest and most ferocious tank battle in history.

The Nazi tide was turned in World War 2 at Stalingrad. But I maintain that it was Kursk that was the first nail on the Nazi's coffin, and a harbinger of the looming defeat of the Nazi state. The outcome at Kursk forever removed any threat of the Nazis being able to mount a strategic offensive, and the Nazis were knocked back on their heels from Kursk onward until the final Battle of Berlin.

THE BATTLE OF KURSK: 75 YEARS ON

The human and material toll of the world’s largest tank battle was horrendous as the Wehrmacht’s tactical edge was overwhelmed by superior means of destruction

https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/artic...sk-75-years-on