View Poll Results: What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

10 20.83%
  • KEEP threadbans.

24 50.00%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

14 29.17%
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: THREADBAN POLL 2019

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lying rules View Post
    Also if anyone else has multi voted, now is your time to PM me about it and if you pm me before I find out naturally, you wont be banned. I wont even out you, I'll just minus the votes on the poll. Fairest offer you'll ever get out of me.
    You are a very benevolent overseer, Grind.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

mason has been banned for 3 days for multi voting in this thread poll. He voted with 3 separate names to abolish. (one of the names I mentioned earlier as being too young of an account was one of his alts, which I didn't know initially)

so that's -3 on abolish now.

I am also completely disqualifying him from voting at all now.

Before anyone says I am being a hardass on this, a lot of people are voting, I don't know every single username, and trying to track all accounts is legitimate is a huge pain in the ass, and I warned everyone up front not to do it. More importantly, this is a feature that effects everyone on the site, and while it is an issue we revisit from time to time, it's still rare enough that multi voting is straight up cheating and trying to enforce your will on other people in an unfair manner.

I literally said in the first post I would ban you if you multi vote. Do you guys just think I am some pushover bitch or something and I wont follow through on what I say I will? Do you think I am retarded or something and wont periodically check for alts?

Don't multi vote, if you do, you will be banned and your votes wont count. simple as that.
    ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND ALL HAIL GRIND HE IS WISE AND KIND

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

mason has been banned for 3 days for multi voting in this thread poll. He voted with 3 separate names to abolish. (one of the names I mentioned earlier as being too young of an account was one of his alts, which I didn't know initially)

Before anyone says I am being a hardass on this, a lot of people are voting, I don't know every single username, and trying to track all accounts is legitimate is a huge pain in the ass, and I warned everyone up front not to do it. More importantly, this is a feature that effects everyone on the site, and while it is an issue we revisit from time to time, it's still rare enough that multi voting is straight up cheating and trying to enforce your will on other people in an unfair manner.

I literally said in the first post I would ban you if you multi vote. Do you guys just think I am some pushover bitch or something and I wont follow through on what I say I will? Do you think I am retarded or something and wont periodically check for alts?

Don't multi vote, if you do, you will be banned and your votes wont count. simple as that.
    LOL, Mason is such a dumbass.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    to be safe, just disqualify everyone who joined since the first amazonerd darkened our doorway......
    Hear hear....

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    and if I tell you to fuck yourself will you change your vote now?.......lets see......fuck yourself....

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I told you what my conditions were. Can’t you read?

Did I say if a douche bag tells me to fuck myself I will change my vote?

Is your tampon in sideways again?
    PMP just kicked your ass six ways to Sunday, just sit down and take your beating like a man.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I have to laugh at anyone this full of themselves. Are you really going to feel like a champion, because of a backwater forum, of maybe 50 people wasting time online? As far as achievements go, I think that's on the level of being one of the kids, that can make armpit farting noises. Bragging about anything on that level makes a person look silly. Not banning people is fine for politics, but it never works in other categories. Of course even in politics, I've come across a few people that turn it personal, and about you instead.
    Why do you constantly diss this forum? If you don't like it, leave.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I probably made this argument before, however, I'm making it again. Probably fruitless as thread ban holds the lead by 6.

If you go on the internet to a public message board, why ban anyone from your thread? Start a blog or your own board. The great thing about message boards is that you interact with various people and people whom don't hold your same beliefs. Banning people is basically creating an echo chamber.

I can't stand having to use the feature and would prefer it didn't exist. I would rather just allow the troll to troll. Let them show themselves for who they truly are.

Also, most people who thread ban do so simply to spite someone they don't like. So someone can make a good thread, and then ban someone (not for trolling or doing something offensive) but solely to spite that person. It is childish and IMO goes against the ethos of a message board.

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    PMP just kicked your ass six ways to Sunday, just sit down and take your beating like a man.
    Still begging for my attention? Jades keg hasn’t been humped in five minutes run along

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Would you be mad if someone used a bunch of alts to vote neutral?

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I probably made this argument before, however, I'm making it again. Probably fruitless as thread ban holds the lead by 6.

If you go on the internet to a public message board, why ban anyone from your thread? Start a blog or your own board. The great thing about message boards is that you interact with various people and people whom don't hold your same beliefs. Banning people is basically creating an echo chamber.

I can't stand having to use the feature and would prefer it didn't exist. I would rather just allow the troll to troll. Let them show themselves for who they truly are.

Also, most people who thread ban do so simply to spite someone they don't like. So someone can make a good thread, and then ban someone (not for trolling or doing something offensive) but solely to spite that person. It is childish and IMO goes against the ethos of a message board.
    Awww look at Butthurt Yurt trying to lecture people

Let me break it down for ya OCD boy. There are MANY reasons for coming to a message board and each person has their own. You have yours and I have mine.

The beauty of JPP is it is one of the last bastions of free expression and freedom of association on the inter webs.

Just don’t call someone a pedo (some water heads can’t even manage that) and you are free to say what you want.

Did you ever stop to think that nobody cares what you think about a topic? Did you ever think that for some, you are the reason they voted to keep it?

You are one of the worst offenders of tarding up a thread with you OCD flame wars. Whether it is is Rune, Zappa’s or now Jade you can fuck up a thread faster than Deshtard.

So if you think people come her to watch you be a massive douche bag, water head spaz you are dumber than I thought.

12. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Take a long nap TD

You need it...

13. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why yousa havin worse fan base then meesa?
    Last edited by Charoite; 05-14-2019 at 04:34 AM.

14. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How many times have you rage quit and come back?

There aren't many here to lack the self awareness that you do. Jade is one. Maybe that is why you two have such bitchy slap fights all the time. You are both so much alike

15. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Awww look at Butthurt Yurt trying to lecture people

Let me break it down for ya OCD boy. There are MANY reasons for coming to a message board and each person has their own. You have yours and I have mine.

The beauty of JPP is it is one of the last bastions of free expression and freedom of association on the inter webs.

Just don’t call someone a pedo (some water heads can’t even manage that) and you are free to say what you want.

Did you ever stop to think that nobody cares what you think about a topic? Did you ever think that for some, you are the reason they voted to keep it?

You are one of the worst offenders of tarding up a thread with you OCD flame wars. Whether it is is Rune, Zappa’s or now Jade you can fuck up a thread faster than Deshtard.

So if you think people come her to watch you be a massive douche bag, water head spaz you are dumber than I thought.
    Indeed.