View Poll Results: What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

10 20.83%
  • KEEP threadbans.

24 50.00%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

14 29.17%
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: THREADBAN POLL 2019

1. #151 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    to be safe, just disqualify everyone who joined since the first amazonerd darkened our doorway......
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bump!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I cannot imagine this board going to back to pre thread ban days. Especially with the troll infestation over the past handful of years.
    That’s never bothered me. I know who the trolls are. I just scroll past them.

I think the threadban works if you’re the type who gets sidetracked by trolls or those who want to vent bile.

Another consideration of mine is that I can imagine missing out on Epic posts and threads by using the feature. I probably would have missed most of Dixie’s greatest posts. Desh has had some most awesome ones I would have missed too...and who didn’t want to ban you when Pete Carroll was at USC...and then i would have missed your humanizing descent into purgatory.

The only one I’ve ever considered thread banning is Super Freak cause the little cock sucker talks to me just like my father used too...but like my father I learned to ignore his caustic tongue.

So i voted don’t care. I don’t need it but I can see where others like it.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-13-2019), Phantasmal (05-14-2019), WinterBorn (05-16-2019)

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Oh and TTQ needs to be corrected. Thread ban was created at the request of JPP leftists. More specifically Darla, Phantasmal and Christiefan or as I call them The Pussy Posse

Their delicate sensibilities couldn’t handle my toxic masculinity when I first arrived on scene at JPP. They were use to beta cucks like Rune, Jarod and Watermark. As such they immediately lobbied to have me banned. But like Legion, I broke no rules so the Mods didn’t ban me.

That wasn’t good enough for the Pussy Posse. They were triggered snowflakes before triggered snowflakes were cool.

Using the ignore feature wasn’t enough for them because as they explained to Damo “even if I gave him on ignore he can come to my threads and other people respond to him that I don’t have on ignore and I am forced to read his mean posts then”.

Hence the Thread Ban feature was born. Oh and Forced Ignore was created for the Pussy Posse as well although we don’t see that deployed much anymore.

Well the Thread Ban feature was rolled out and the Pussy Posse thought they finally had good ole ILA once and for all. But alas like all plans concocted by stupid leftists they didn’t account for the unintended consequences. You see ANYONE could use thread bans.

So I started using them. And not just the Pussy Posse, but all leftists were struck with the weapon forged to defeat me. I turned their own weapon on them. As you can imagine this caused great consternation amongst the leftists. “how dare ILA use a tool designed to box him in against us”.

And here we are again. This is what the fourth or fifth vote on whether to keep the thread ban? It is usually precipitated by an influx of new leftists who think they have a god given right to participate in any thread they want.

Ironically it is leftists who brought about the thread ban and it is leftists who bitch about it the most. Yes some righties complain about it but not to the extent that leftists do. And the righties that complain at least have the sense not to use it before complaining about it.

All of the above is true
    Indeed.

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

That's the way I used to feel until I began to see how a handful of idiot trolls here do nothing for any thread they post in, other than fuck them up.

There are a small group who need to be thread banned by everyone.
    its ok admitting you are weak is the first step.

i voted nuetral though since i dont really care and wont use thread bans but im ok feeling superior to other people who need that security.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

I voted neutral, too. I can see both sides of the argument for a thread ban feature.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimée For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-13-2019)

9. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Neutral for me too. I'm fine with it either way.

10. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Time to shut down the poll. No way the No’s can catch up

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

i voted nuetral though since i dont really care and wont use thread bans but im ok feeling superior to other people who need that security.
    It's not weak to want to deny a certain few idiots like Truth Deflector, CFM and a couple of others, the chance to fuck up every thread you start just because they're childish, immature assholes and have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

But if you have some desperate, pathological inner need to feel superior to other people, then you just go right ahead.

I won't judge.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (05-14-2019), christiefan915 (05-14-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-13-2019)

13. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    That’s never bothered me. I know who the trolls are. I just scroll past them.

I think the threadban works if you’re the type who gets sidetracked by trolls or those who want to vent bile.

Another consideration of mine is that I can imagine missing out on Epic posts and threads by using the feature. I probably would have missed most of Dixie’s greatest posts. Desh has had some most awesome ones I would have missed too...and who didn’t want to ban you when Pete Carroll was at USC...and then i would have missed your humanizing descent into purgatory.

The only one I’ve ever considered thread banning is Super Freak cause the little cock sucker talks to me just like my father used too...but like my father I learned to ignore his caustic tongue.

So i voted don’t care. I don’t need it but I can see where others like it.
    We all come to this board for different reasons. I enjoy hearing differing perspectives and ideas and seeing that I live in a very large bubble I appreciate hearing opinions from those in the other parts of the country.

Now granted I'm a slow learner but around the 500th time Desh called me evil and a racist I was starting to catch on to what she thought of me. Of course we have the ignore button but it just fvcks up threads. Same with folks like CFM who no matter what the topic just can't help themselves from dropping n*bombs. I spend way too much time on this board as it is but that doesn't make it enjoyable for me.

But to each his own on how they feel about it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (05-14-2019)

15. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Wrong; you ban anyone who would disagree with your moronic claims and arguments and make you look like the ignorant asshole we know you to be. Dullards like you prefer echo chambers.
    Nope, any cursory perusal of my threads indicates that a substantial number of rightwingers who can act reasonably civilized and practice a modicum of social ettiquette freely participate in my threads. I do not ban teabaggers for disagreeing. I ban them for being racists, bigots, belligerent trolls, blatant liars and libelers, misogynists, and sociopaths.

I am not obligated to provide safe harbor to sociopaths and racists and allow these subhumans to participate in civilized conversation.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-14-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-13-2019)

17. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

I have to laugh at anyone this full of themselves. Are you really going to feel like a champion, because of a backwater forum, of maybe 50 people wasting time online? As far as achievements go, I think that's on the level of being one of the kids, that can make armpit farting noises. Bragging about anything on that level makes a person look silly. Not banning people is fine for politics, but it never works in other categories. Of course even in politics, I've come across a few people that turn it personal, and about you instead.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-13-2019)

19. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Wrong; you ban anyone who would disagree with your moronic claims and arguments and make you look like the ignorant asshole we know you to be. Dullards like you prefer echo chambers.
    A large portion of his list don't even post here anymore due to perma-ban. Most of the others are trolls, or just petty conversationalists. You for instance only occasionally use language in debate, and even then you're normally just mouthing off, and wasting time. I save that for trolls, and bs libelers.

20. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's not weak to want to deny a certain few idiots like Truth Deflector, CFM and a couple of others, the chance to fuck up every thread you start just because they're childish, immature assholes and have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

But if you have some desperate, pathological inner need to feel superior to other people, then you just go right ahead.

I won't judge.
    There are certain obsessive trolls around here who glom onto an individual and follow them around the forum doing nothing but personal attacks and adding zero to the discussion. I'm fine with thread-banning them.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Nomad (05-13-2019)

22. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lying rules View Post
    mason has been banned for 3 days for multi voting in this thread poll. He voted with 3 separate names to abolish. (one of the names I mentioned earlier as being too young of an account was one of his alts, which I didn't know initially)

so that's -3 on abolish now.

I am also completely disqualifying him from voting at all now.

Before anyone says I am being a hardass on this, a lot of people are voting, I don't know every single username, and trying to track all accounts is legitimate is a huge pain in the ass, and I warned everyone up front not to do it. More importantly, this is a feature that effects everyone on the site, and while it is an issue we revisit from time to time, it's still rare enough that multi voting is straight up cheating and trying to enforce your will on other people in an unfair manner.

I literally said in the first post I would ban you if you multi vote. Do you guys just think I am some pushover bitch or something and I wont follow through on what I say I will? Do you think I am retarded or something and wont periodically check for alts?

Don't multi vote, if you do, you will be banned and your votes wont count. simple as that.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.