View Poll Results: What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

10 20.83%
  • KEEP threadbans.

24 50.00%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

14 29.17%
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: THREADBAN POLL 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exclamation THREADBAN POLL 2019

SUMMARY

Once again, we are revisiting the issue of whether or not JPP should have threadbans.

• This poll will be open for 10 days. It's starting 12:00amish monday so It will close 12:00amish thursday next week. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O

• If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.

• If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.

• VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.

• We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.

RULE TIME

Rule 1 - Only those that meet the following qualifications are allowed to vote -

- must have 500 or more posts
    - must have a JPP account for at least 6 months

Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

We might have to count up 50+ votes, I dont' want to IP check everyone. If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-13-2019), Jack (05-13-2019), Minister of Truth (05-12-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lying rules View Post
    SUMMARY

Once again, we are revisiting the issue of whether or not JPP should have threadbans.

• This poll will be open for 10 days. It's starting 12:00amish monday so It will close 12:00amish thursday next week. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O

• If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.

• If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.

• VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.

• We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.

RULE TIME

Rule 1 - Only those that meet the following qualifications are allowed to vote -

- must have 500 or more posts
    - must have a JPP account for at least 6 months

Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

We might have to count up 50+ votes, I dont' want to IP check everyone. If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have my own personal thoughts on the issue but I will wait for others to weight in for a while.

---

Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lying rules View Post
    I have my own personal thoughts on the issue but I will wait for others to weight in for a while.
    I'd say it's needed in off topic discussions. I've tried it without, and always seem to add a few later on. Some just like rock the boat. I'm curious if you are able to check the vote, to see if socks are giving additional votes? Legion loves doing that, and will even do it on an open one.
    Last edited by Jade Dragon; 05-13-2019 at 02:46 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-13-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I'd say it's needed in off topic discussions. I've tried it without, and always seem to add a few later on. Some just like rock the boat. I'm curious if you are able to check the vote, to see if socks are giving additional votes? Legion loves doing that, and will even do it on an open one.
    If you're trying to have a serious discussion, whether it's off-topic or about politics, there are some who just cannot act like adults and should be excluded. If you look at almost any political discussion here that has more than 3-4 pages, by the time you get to the last page it's almost always degenerated into "You're a dick," "You're an even bigger dick." Or maybe that's just how it is here, there, and everywhere.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    If you're trying to have a serious discussion, whether it's off-topic or about politics, there are some who just cannot act like adults and should be excluded. If you look at almost any political discussion here that has more than 3-4 pages, by the time you get to the last page it's almost always degenerated into "You're a dick," "You're an even bigger dick." Or maybe that's just how it is here, there, and everywhere.
    Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Havana Moon, TOP, Controlled Opposition, Jack and Yurt
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Legion, Text Drivers are Killers, Bigdog, Evmetro, TOP, Controlled Opposition, volsrock, Yurt and Earl
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I cannot imagine this board going to back to pre thread ban days. Especially with the troll infestation over the past handful of years.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Minister of Truth (05-12-2019)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I cannot imagine this board going to back to pre thread ban days. Especially with the troll infestation over the past handful of years.
    Being able to thread ban the Amazon socks, are reason enough to keep it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

cawacko (05-12-2019), Jack (05-13-2019), Minister of Truth (05-12-2019), Truth Detector (05-13-2019)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That’s never bothered me. I know who the trolls are. I just scroll past them.

I think the threadban works if you’re the type who gets sidetracked by trolls or those who want to vent bile.

Another consideration of mine is that I can imagine missing out on Epic posts and threads by using the feature. I probably would have missed most of Dixie’s greatest posts. Desh has had some most awesome ones I would have missed too...and who didn’t want to ban you when Pete Carroll was at USC...and then i would have missed your humanizing descent into purgatory.

The only one I’ve ever considered thread banning is Super Freak cause the little cock sucker talks to me just like my father used too...but like my father I learned to ignore his caustic tongue.

So i voted don’t care. I don’t need it but I can see where others like it.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-13-2019), Phantasmal (05-14-2019), WinterBorn (05-16-2019)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

That’s never bothered me. I know who the trolls are. I just scroll past them.

I think the threadban works if you’re the type who gets sidetracked by trolls or those who want to vent bile.

Another consideration of mine is that I can imagine missing out on Epic posts and threads by using the feature. I probably would have missed most of Dixie’s greatest posts. Desh has had some most awesome ones I would have missed too...and who didn’t want to ban you when Pete Carroll was at USC...and then i would have missed your humanizing descent into purgatory.

The only one I’ve ever considered thread banning is Super Freak cause the little cock sucker talks to me just like my father used too...but like my father I learned to ignore his caustic tongue.

So i voted don’t care. I don’t need it but I can see where others like it.
    We all come to this board for different reasons. I enjoy hearing differing perspectives and ideas and seeing that I live in a very large bubble I appreciate hearing opinions from those in the other parts of the country.

Now granted I'm a slow learner but around the 500th time Desh called me evil and a racist I was starting to catch on to what she thought of me. Of course we have the ignore button but it just fvcks up threads. Same with folks like CFM who no matter what the topic just can't help themselves from dropping n*bombs. I spend way too much time on this board as it is but that doesn't make it enjoyable for me.

But to each his own on how they feel about it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (05-14-2019)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Nomad (05-13-2019)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?
    "If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-13-2019)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

When the thread ban first passed, I was using a list to paste/ban every single active poster as a means to satirize it. Sometimes I even banned myself. That's really the only way to do it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jade Dragon (05-13-2019)