View Poll Results: What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

    10 20.83%
  • KEEP threadbans.

    24 50.00%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

    14 29.17%
Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 911

Thread: THREADBAN POLL 2019

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    37,078
    Thanks
    6,624
    Thanked 15,175 Times in 9,191 Posts
    Groans
    1,010
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Exclamation THREADBAN POLL 2019

    SUMMARY

    Once again, we are revisiting the issue of whether or not JPP should have threadbans.


    • This poll will be open for 10 days. It's starting 12:00amish monday so It will close 12:00amish thursday next week. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O


    • If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.


    • If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.


    • VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.


    • We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.


    RULE TIME

    Rule 1 - Only those that meet the following qualifications are allowed to vote -

    - must have 500 or more posts
    - must have a JPP account for at least 6 months

    Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

    We might have to count up 50+ votes, I dont' want to IP check everyone. If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.
    Biography:

    Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

    Testimonials about my patented system:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grind is away and busy for june For This Post:

    Darth Omar (05-13-2019), Howard the Duck (05-12-2019), Jack (05-13-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    69,483
    Thanks
    11,578
    Thanked 12,266 Times in 10,382 Posts
    Groans
    12,310
    Groaned 1,638 Times in 1,586 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lying rules View Post
    SUMMARY

    Once again, we are revisiting the issue of whether or not JPP should have threadbans.


    • This poll will be open for 10 days. It's starting 12:00amish monday so It will close 12:00amish thursday next week. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O


    • If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.


    • If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.


    • VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.


    • We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.


    RULE TIME

    Rule 1 - Only those that meet the following qualifications are allowed to vote -

    - must have 500 or more posts
    - must have a JPP account for at least 6 months

    Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

    We might have to count up 50+ votes, I dont' want to IP check everyone. If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    With the right wing politically motivated mcmorons in the tank for Trump, all Biden has to do is stay the course.
    All those new voters coming across the borer and heading for FL, WI, MI, and PA will make the GOP effort worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The twenty thousand illegals deported this year on the ICE raids will be about 2% of all them here now and not counting those coming across the border, and heading for FL, WI, MI, and PA. Trump does not stand a chance.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    37,078
    Thanks
    6,624
    Thanked 15,175 Times in 9,191 Posts
    Groans
    1,010
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I have my own personal thoughts on the issue but I will wait for others to weight in for a while.
    Biography:

    Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

    Testimonials about my patented system:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    57,757
    Thanks
    15,785
    Thanked 14,833 Times in 11,130 Posts
    Groans
    621
    Groaned 1,012 Times in 960 Posts

    Default

    Momma said keep these bans!
    DRINK MOR KOFFEE


  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,186
    Thanks
    3,270
    Thanked 15,267 Times in 10,567 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 586 Times in 553 Posts

    Default

    I cannot imagine this board going to back to pre thread ban days. Especially with the troll infestation over the past handful of years.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    Howard the Duck (05-12-2019)

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    69,483
    Thanks
    11,578
    Thanked 12,266 Times in 10,382 Posts
    Groans
    12,310
    Groaned 1,638 Times in 1,586 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I cannot imagine this board going to back to pre thread ban days. Especially with the troll infestation over the past handful of years.
    Being able to thread ban the Amazon socks, are reason enough to keep it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    With the right wing politically motivated mcmorons in the tank for Trump, all Biden has to do is stay the course.
    All those new voters coming across the borer and heading for FL, WI, MI, and PA will make the GOP effort worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The twenty thousand illegals deported this year on the ICE raids will be about 2% of all them here now and not counting those coming across the border, and heading for FL, WI, MI, and PA. Trump does not stand a chance.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

    cawacko (05-12-2019), Howard the Duck (05-12-2019), Jack (05-13-2019), Truth Detector (05-13-2019)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    8,548
    Thanks
    2,573
    Thanked 5,850 Times in 3,886 Posts
    Groans
    379
    Groaned 592 Times in 550 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

    Nomad (05-13-2019)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    69,483
    Thanks
    11,578
    Thanked 12,266 Times in 10,382 Posts
    Groans
    12,310
    Groaned 1,638 Times in 1,586 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?
    "If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own."
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    With the right wing politically motivated mcmorons in the tank for Trump, all Biden has to do is stay the course.
    All those new voters coming across the borer and heading for FL, WI, MI, and PA will make the GOP effort worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The twenty thousand illegals deported this year on the ICE raids will be about 2% of all them here now and not counting those coming across the border, and heading for FL, WI, MI, and PA. Trump does not stand a chance.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

    Truth Detector (05-13-2019)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,595
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 92 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?
    Shut up troll

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yurt For This Post:

    Howard the Duck (05-12-2019), Truth Detector (05-13-2019)

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    57,757
    Thanks
    15,785
    Thanked 14,833 Times in 11,130 Posts
    Groans
    621
    Groaned 1,012 Times in 960 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?
    When the thread ban first passed, I was using a list to paste/ban every single active poster as a means to satirize it. Sometimes I even banned myself. That's really the only way to do it.
    DRINK MOR KOFFEE


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Howard the Duck For This Post:

    Jade Dragon (05-13-2019)

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    13,581
    Thanks
    1,258
    Thanked 3,054 Times in 2,384 Posts
    Groans
    126
    Groaned 769 Times in 719 Posts

    Default

    banning is for the weak
    is on twitter @realtsuke

    https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    37,078
    Thanks
    6,624
    Thanked 15,175 Times in 9,191 Posts
    Groans
    1,010
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    banning is for the weak
    then vote dumbass
    Biography:

    Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

    Testimonials about my patented system:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grind is away and busy for june For This Post:

    Truth Detector (05-13-2019)

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    13,581
    Thanks
    1,258
    Thanked 3,054 Times in 2,384 Posts
    Groans
    126
    Groaned 769 Times in 719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lying rules View Post
    then vote dumbass
    already did
    is on twitter @realtsuke

    https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,595
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 92 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    When the thread ban first passed, I was using a list to paste/ban every single active poster as a means to satirize it. Sometimes I even banned myself. That's really the only way to do it.
    Your mom

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    37,078
    Thanks
    6,624
    Thanked 15,175 Times in 9,191 Posts
    Groans
    1,010
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    already did
    Biography:

    Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

    Testimonials about my patented system:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

Similar Threads

  1. Poll: Mueller Report Sinks Trumpís Approval Rating To New 2019 Low
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2019, 04:21 PM
  2. THREADBAN POLL 2017 (READ THREAD B4 VOTING - BANS POSSIBLE IF YOU DONT READ RULES)
    By Grind is away and busy for june in forum Announcements
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 01:20 PM
  3. Threadban Poll 2017 Now Open for Business
    By Grind is away and busy for june in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2017, 03:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •