Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is there no outcry from the left to remove this memorial

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    On the contrary. To the emotionally-challenged, history lesson-deprived snowflakes, it's alllllll about tearing down historical figures they disagree with.
    So how come there aren't calls to tear down George Washington all across the country?

Most Liberals understand that people like Washington were a product of his time. He did some terrible things because he, like most people, didn't stop to question what he was doing. But he was still a great president and should be honored for his accomplishments.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

On the contrary. To the emotionally-challenged, history lesson-deprived snowflakes, it's alllllll about tearing down historical figures they disagree with.
    Indeed, Ms. Stretch.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneOx View Post
    So how come there aren't calls to tear down George Washington all across the country?
    It has begun.

A group of students, educators and artists is recommending a mural depicting scenes in the life of George Washington be removed from a San Francisco high school that bears his name because it doesn’t represent the school’s values.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/high-schools-george-washington-mural-doesnt-represent-its-values-and-should-be-removed-group-says/2019/05/07/8e2a55ca-6ddd-11e9-a213-e9fb0424fd46_story.html?utm_term=.8b3b12ccd411

In several regions, particularly the Washington area, the debate is just beginning. Some people want to change the name of Woodrow Wilson High School in the District. The very tricky transformation of Washington-Lee High School into Washington-Liberty High in Northern Virginia’s Arlington County has loose ends. In five minutes of Internet research, I found four Montgomery County high schools in the Maryland suburbs with problematic names that have been mostly ignored, so far. “Right now we — and I mean liberals and progressives (I consider myself in this group) — have divided up white famous people into several naming buckets,” Hawkins told me. “Keep in mind all of these white people, technically, are racist. Period. President Wilson was a segregationist, but President George Washington owned more than 100 slaves.”

If Woodrow Wilson has become questionable, all four Virginia slave owners who served as president in the early years of the republic may become part of the controversy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/debates-over-school-names-wont-be-history-anytime-soon--and-shouldnt-be/2019/04/12/ab8b25f8-5afb-11e9-842d-7d3ed7eb3957_story.html?utm_term=.98de885b5132

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post

Most Liberals understand that people like Washington were a product of his time. He did some terrible things because he, like most people, didn't stop to question what he was doing. But he was still a great president and should be honored for his accomplishments.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...o-too-n2370091
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most Liberals understand that people like Washington were a product of his time.
    Who told you that?

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But this is just one person. I'm saying MOST Liberals don't feel this way. Likewise, some Conservatives want to take away freedom of religion, but MOST don't.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Who told you that?
    I actually interact with and listen to people from all across the spectrum.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You should be more careful about posting your personal details, DEMOCRAT.

Katzgutz told the forum he's a geriatric geezer and he'll never live it down.

Write Stanford a letter, bitch. I’m sure they will give it all the consideration it deserves.

Loser.

Hilarious that you sad, undereducated fucktards run all over the internet to find something to shit yourselves about.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm saying MOST Liberals don't feel this way.
    Prove it.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I actually interact with and listen to people from all across the spectrum.
    So you say. Why should anyone believe you?

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

So you agree with Confederates who turned their back on the country, killed Americans, all so they could keep black people as slaves?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-08-2019), Cypress (05-08-2019)

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

So...Conservatives agree with Confederates?

Is that the argument you want to make?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,029 Times in 6,223 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Click image for larger version. Name: leland stanford.jpg Views: 3 Size: 82.6 KB ID: 9853

Shouldn't we tear down this monument, and many others like it on the campus of Stanford University.
    Change the name of STANFORD University.
    the Hypocrisy of the left, the triggered TDS to right wrongs suddenly after Trump took over should embarrass the left.
    But I'm sure we will hear why it doesn't, why one of the most liberal colleges in the country is crickets silence on this?

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/b...ange-its-name/
    You do realize those days were different? You want us to punish people who were considered semi-normal of those times? They weren't traitors, or champions of the confederates, that were erected in statue form, during the civil rights era. If we went with this poutrage, we might as well tear down just about everything, before the late 60's. The confederate stuff is a symbol of oppression, and hate. It's no different to blacks, then the swastika, or Nazi's are to Jews.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post

that's a pretty weak argument for someone, or a political side to also march across the south tearing down monuments to men who,
    and I'll quote you
    "that people like Washington were a product of his time. He did some terrible things because he, like most people, didn't stop to question what he was doing.
    does hypocrisy bother you at all, or is it engrained in your ideology?
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    that's a pretty weak argument for someone, or a political side to also march across the south tearing down monuments to men who,
    and I'll quote you

does hypocrisy bother you at all, or is it engrained in your ideology?
    I'm not sure what your point is here. I'm agreeing that some people feel that statues honoring these people must be torn down. What I'm saying is that most Liberals don't feel this way.