Members banned from this thread: evince, Truth Detector, CFM, TTQ64, LV426 and reagansghost

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick Fil A Now Third Largest Biggest Restaurant Chain

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Chick Fil A Now Third Largest Biggest Restaurant Chain

I'm a fan of Chick-fil-A because their chicken sandwich is my favorite fast food, bar none. They also happen to have incredible service. But most of us are aware they are a Christian based chain and are not the favorites of many in the LGBT and woke communities. So hence their food is often viewed as political.

We can all vote with our pocketbook. I know some won't eat at Chick-fil-A out of protest over them supporting traditional marriage. I'm sure there are folks who eat at Chick-fil-A specially because woke folks were protesting them.

Besides the fact that I rarely eat fast food the closest Chick-fil-A is over an hour away so I'm not driving that far for food. But when I go to Dallas to visit the in-laws I definitely make a point to eat there.

Chick-fil-A’s Lean Menu Helps Chain Bulk Up

Sales tripled over past decade at fast-food company focused on chicken; new markets could test expansion

As the biggest fast-food chains have expanded menus to attract new customers, Chick-fil-A Inc. has gained ground with a different strategy: its focus on chicken sandwiches.

Since its founding in Atlanta in 1967 by entrepreneur Truett Cathy, Chick-fil-A’s signature item has been its breaded chicken-breast sandwich served with pickles on a buttered toasted bun. The company sells breakfast and salads, too, but its relatively simple menu stands out, compared with its fast-food rivals.

Now, five decades later, the closely held company this year is poised to become the third-biggest U.S. restaurant chain by sales behind McDonald’s Corp. MCD 0.30% and Starbucks Corp. , according to food-service consultancy Technomic Inc. The growth reflects Chick-fil-A’s expansion over the past decade, as well as consumers’ broader turn toward chicken.

“We’ve been pretty consistent in how, over multiple decades, we’re going to take it slow and steady,” Mark Moraitakis, a Chick-fil-A senior director, said about the company’s expansion. “It’s paid off for us.”

Sales from Chick-fil-A’s restaurants have tripled over the past decade, reaching $10.2 billion last year, Technomic said, even though the chain is closed on Sundays, a practice implemented by its conservative Christian founder.

Chick-fil-A, also known for its customer service, has nearly doubled its store count to about 2,400 restaurants since 2007. The company now has locations from Manhattan to Hollywood. Its growing presence will test whether consumers will stick with the chain as they have in the South, Chick-fil-A’s historic base.

“I don’t know if it will have such an abiding loyalty in other regions,” said Sara Senatore, a restaurant analyst at Sanford Bernstein.

The company has met resistance when moving into other areas, in part because of public reaction to comments made in 2012 by Chief Executive Dan Cathy, son of the company’s founder, regarding the CEO’s opposition to same-sex marriage. Advocates called for a boycott and organized protests at Chick-fil-A restaurants, while conservative customers expressed support.

This year, officials in San Antonio stopped the chain from opening a location in the city’s airport because of the views on sexual orientation. The concessions company at the airport serving Buffalo, N.Y., dropped Chick-fil-A as a potential tenant at that facility after facing protests over the same issue.

A spokeswoman said the company focuses on ensuring that all customers, employees, restaurant operators and other partners are treated with care and respect.

“It does look like most consumers, for the most part, are looking the other way,” said Jeff Farmer, a restaurant analyst at Gordon Haskett Research Advisors.

Each year since 2015, Chick-fil-A has been the top-rated fast-food restaurant on the American Customer Satisfaction Index, which considers factors such as staff courtesy and restaurant cleanliness.

Bradley Ackerman, a professional drummer in Nashville, said he likes Chick-fil-A’s consistent service. “The wait is never too long. My order is never wrong,” Mr. Ackerman said.

Younger diners have given Chick-fil-A high marks. In a survey this spring of teenagers, respondents listed Chick-fil-A as their favorite restaurant, beating out Starbucks for the top spot, according to investment bank Piper Jaffray Cos.

Helping Chick-fil-A is an increase in consumer interest toward chicken. Fast-food restaurants in the U.S. served more than 2.5 billion breaded-chicken sandwiches last year, according to market-research firm NPD Group Inc., up 17% over a decade. Burger servings slipped 5% in that period to 7.4 billion last year.

Among limited-service U.S. restaurants that mainly serve chicken, Chick-fil-A’s market share rose to 33% last year from 18% in 2009, while the market share of Yum Brands Inc.’s KFC chain fell to 15% from 29% in that time, according to data tracker Euromonitor. Chick-fil-A’s growth also has hampered burger sales, consultants and industry executives say.

Other chains are tapping into chicken’s rising popularity and tweaking their menus.

KFC is planning to open new U.S. restaurants, on a net basis, in 2019 for the first time in nearly 15 years. McDonald’s has simplified its menu, eliminating a line of customizable burgers in April to streamline operations. Wendy’s Co. recently bolstered its chicken-sandwich lineup.

Chick-fil-A has kept its menu relatively straightforward. The company has made an average of 12 permanent or limited-time additions to its menu each year since 2010, according to Datassential, a food-research firm. McDonald’s, by contrast, has made 49 in recent years, and Burger King, owned by Restaurant Brands International Inc., has made 37.

Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A Inc.—the corporate parent—reported revenue and rents of more than $3 billion last year, up 28% compared with 2016. Net earnings rose to $435 million from $371 million, according to franchise documents some states make available.

The company says its operators, most of whom run just one restaurant, help assure consistent food quality and operations.

“It’s almost a calling,” said Stephen Browning, who opened a Chick-fil-A in Pueblo, Colo., in 2014.

The average McDonald’s franchisee owns a half-dozen stores, a company executive said in March. Carrols Restaurant Group Inc. operates 1,010 Burger Kings in the U.S. Chris Finazzo, president of Burger King North America, said wider reach is a strength, not a weakness.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/ch...mazing.877473/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Grokmaster (05-08-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,663 Times in 16,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm a fan of Chick-fil-A because their chicken sandwich is my favorite fast food, bar none. They also happen to have incredible service. But most of us are aware they are a Christian based chain and are not the favorites of many in the LGBT and woke communities. So hence their food is often viewed as political.

We can all vote with our pocketbook. I know some won't eat at Chick-fil-A out of protest over them supporting traditional marriage. I'm sure there are folks who eat at Chick-fil-A specially because woke folks were protesting them.

Besides the fact that I rarely eat fast food the closest Chick-fil-A is over an hour away so I'm not driving that far for food. But when I go to Dallas to visit the in-laws I definitely make a point to eat there.

Chick-fil-A’s Lean Menu Helps Chain Bulk Up

Sales tripled over past decade at fast-food company focused on chicken; new markets could test expansion

As the biggest fast-food chains have expanded menus to attract new customers, Chick-fil-A Inc. has gained ground with a different strategy: its focus on chicken sandwiches.

Since its founding in Atlanta in 1967 by entrepreneur Truett Cathy, Chick-fil-A’s signature item has been its breaded chicken-breast sandwich served with pickles on a buttered toasted bun. The company sells breakfast and salads, too, but its relatively simple menu stands out, compared with its fast-food rivals.

Now, five decades later, the closely held company this year is poised to become the third-biggest U.S. restaurant chain by sales behind McDonald’s Corp. MCD 0.30% and Starbucks Corp. , according to food-service consultancy Technomic Inc. The growth reflects Chick-fil-A’s expansion over the past decade, as well as consumers’ broader turn toward chicken.

“We’ve been pretty consistent in how, over multiple decades, we’re going to take it slow and steady,” Mark Moraitakis, a Chick-fil-A senior director, said about the company’s expansion. “It’s paid off for us.”

Sales from Chick-fil-A’s restaurants have tripled over the past decade, reaching $10.2 billion last year, Technomic said, even though the chain is closed on Sundays, a practice implemented by its conservative Christian founder.

Chick-fil-A, also known for its customer service, has nearly doubled its store count to about 2,400 restaurants since 2007. The company now has locations from Manhattan to Hollywood. Its growing presence will test whether consumers will stick with the chain as they have in the South, Chick-fil-A’s historic base.

“I don’t know if it will have such an abiding loyalty in other regions,” said Sara Senatore, a restaurant analyst at Sanford Bernstein.

The company has met resistance when moving into other areas, in part because of public reaction to comments made in 2012 by Chief Executive Dan Cathy, son of the company’s founder, regarding the CEO’s opposition to same-sex marriage. Advocates called for a boycott and organized protests at Chick-fil-A restaurants, while conservative customers expressed support.

This year, officials in San Antonio stopped the chain from opening a location in the city’s airport because of the views on sexual orientation. The concessions company at the airport serving Buffalo, N.Y., dropped Chick-fil-A as a potential tenant at that facility after facing protests over the same issue.

A spokeswoman said the company focuses on ensuring that all customers, employees, restaurant operators and other partners are treated with care and respect.

“It does look like most consumers, for the most part, are looking the other way,” said Jeff Farmer, a restaurant analyst at Gordon Haskett Research Advisors.

Each year since 2015, Chick-fil-A has been the top-rated fast-food restaurant on the American Customer Satisfaction Index, which considers factors such as staff courtesy and restaurant cleanliness.

Bradley Ackerman, a professional drummer in Nashville, said he likes Chick-fil-A’s consistent service. “The wait is never too long. My order is never wrong,” Mr. Ackerman said.

Younger diners have given Chick-fil-A high marks. In a survey this spring of teenagers, respondents listed Chick-fil-A as their favorite restaurant, beating out Starbucks for the top spot, according to investment bank Piper Jaffray Cos.

Helping Chick-fil-A is an increase in consumer interest toward chicken. Fast-food restaurants in the U.S. served more than 2.5 billion breaded-chicken sandwiches last year, according to market-research firm NPD Group Inc., up 17% over a decade. Burger servings slipped 5% in that period to 7.4 billion last year.

Among limited-service U.S. restaurants that mainly serve chicken, Chick-fil-A’s market share rose to 33% last year from 18% in 2009, while the market share of Yum Brands Inc.’s KFC chain fell to 15% from 29% in that time, according to data tracker Euromonitor. Chick-fil-A’s growth also has hampered burger sales, consultants and industry executives say.

Other chains are tapping into chicken’s rising popularity and tweaking their menus.

KFC is planning to open new U.S. restaurants, on a net basis, in 2019 for the first time in nearly 15 years. McDonald’s has simplified its menu, eliminating a line of customizable burgers in April to streamline operations. Wendy’s Co. recently bolstered its chicken-sandwich lineup.

Chick-fil-A has kept its menu relatively straightforward. The company has made an average of 12 permanent or limited-time additions to its menu each year since 2010, according to Datassential, a food-research firm. McDonald’s, by contrast, has made 49 in recent years, and Burger King, owned by Restaurant Brands International Inc., has made 37.

Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A Inc.—the corporate parent—reported revenue and rents of more than $3 billion last year, up 28% compared with 2016. Net earnings rose to $435 million from $371 million, according to franchise documents some states make available.

The company says its operators, most of whom run just one restaurant, help assure consistent food quality and operations.

“It’s almost a calling,” said Stephen Browning, who opened a Chick-fil-A in Pueblo, Colo., in 2014.

The average McDonald’s franchisee owns a half-dozen stores, a company executive said in March. Carrols Restaurant Group Inc. operates 1,010 Burger Kings in the U.S. Chris Finazzo, president of Burger King North America, said wider reach is a strength, not a weakness.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/ch...mazing.877473/
    Love them.... Great food, wonderful facilities, excellent staff....and they're very generous if we ask for donations or coupons to use for school rewards....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (06-07-2019), Grokmaster (05-08-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Love them.... Great food, wonderful facilities, excellent staff....and they're very generous if we ask for donations or coupons to use for school rewards....
    You truly get a 5* service 'experience' at a fast food restaurant. When I would go in Dallas I thought maybe it was just a southern thing them being that nice. But I've gone to the one in Vacaville in Northern California on the way to Lake Tahoe and the service was just as good.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You truly get a 5* service 'experience' at a fast food restaurant. When I would go in Dallas I thought maybe it was just a southern thing them being that nice. But I've gone to the one in Vacaville in Northern California on the way to Lake Tahoe and the service was just as good.
    Exactly...they take pride in what they do....and it shows

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (06-07-2019), Grokmaster (05-08-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

You forgot to add in America to the title.

This has bugged me for quite some time. Why the fuck do you guys swoon over a friggen fast food chain anyway? It's even more stupid then all the boycotting stuff both sides do. It's obvious why, but I'll still ask. Who really should advocate that much for a chain eatery? You'd think the fanatics were stoners. Can we please go back to pleasant days, when idiots weren't politicizing, and sucking the joy out of everything? Why don't the republicans champion something with real effect, and change? It's only effect, and change is on waistlines. Fast food chains = Fuck it, I'm hungry, lazy, and can't wait. You sacrifice nutrition, and quality, for convenience. The politics doesn't make the stuff any better.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Cinnabar (05-08-2019), Guno צְבִי (05-08-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-08-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post

This has bugged me for quite some time. Why the fuck do you guys swoon over a friggen fast food chain anyway? It's even more stupid then all the boycotting stuff both sides do. It's obvious why, but I'll still ask. Who really should advocate that much for a chain eatery? You'd think the fanatics were stoners. Can we please go back to pleasant days, when idiots weren't politicizing, and sucking the joy out of everything? Why don't the republicans champion something with real effect, and change? It's only effect, and change is on waistlines. Fast food chains = Fuck it, I'm hungry, lazy, and can't wait. You sacrifice nutrition, and quality, for convenience. The politics doesn't make the stuff any better.
    How long have you followed politics, Jade?

Did you know Chicago wanted to deny Chick Fil A a permit simply because the owner is religious and supports traditional marriage?

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...ects-us-078969

I don't swoon over them, mainly because I eat low carb usually and all I'd get there would be grilled chicken nuggets or something, but they are always clean and the employees are very nice.

So what if the owner is religious and isn't pro-gay marriage? Muslims behead gays but the left has nothing but love and respect for their "religion".

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (06-07-2019), Evmetro (05-08-2019), TOP (05-08-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Everything is political today, including where we eat. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Anecdotal but I'm good (family) friend's with a lesbian woman and she wrote on Facebook recently that if you eat at Chick-fil-A you are against me and I don't want you to be my friend. I think that's extreme but I'm sure there are some (many?) that agree with her. (I'm still going to eat at Chick-fil-A and I'm still going to be her friend.)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bill (06-07-2019), TOP (05-08-2019)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm a fan of Chick-fil-A because their chicken sandwich is my favorite fast food, bar none. They also happen to have incredible service. But most of us are aware they are a Christian based chain and are not the favorites of many in the LGBT and woke communities.
    don't be silly......Chick-fil-a haters are not woke......

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't care for the food. Those waffle fries stay warm for about 2 minutes.

16. The Following User Groans At Controlled Opposition For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-07-2019)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Mason Michaels (05-08-2019), Phantasmal (05-09-2019)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I don't care for the food. Those waffle fries stay warm for about 2 minutes.
    Let them know they'll make it right

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Everything is political today, including where we eat. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Anecdotal but I'm good (family) friend's with a lesbian woman and she wrote on Facebook recently that if you eat at Chick-fil-A you are against me and I don't want you to be my friend. I think that's extreme but I'm sure there are some (many?) that agree with her. (I'm still going to eat at Chick-fil-A and I'm still going to be her friend.)
    But will you have the balls to tell her on Facebook that you will continue to eat there or will you go in the closet out of fear?

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post

Seriously, go fuck yourself and then kill yourself you joyless prick

You are such a pathetic loser

21. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (05-08-2019)

22. #13 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,614 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Sailor (05-08-2019), TOP (05-08-2019)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Of course the hater of Gay marriage would be a fan.That's how I met this piece of shit!
    She was daily carrying on,at Amazon.
    That gays shouldn't be able to use the word marriage.
    That gays should have to come up with a different word,then marriage!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

25. The Following User Groans At Mason Michaels For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-07-2019)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-08-2019)

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here is why Chick Fil A is successful

1) Quality
    2) Consistency
    3) Service
    4) They avoided being publicly traded and stayed private
    5) they keep it simple

I don’t buy that the move to chicken is responsible. Lots of places do chicken. They dominate in their space

28. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-08-2019)