Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Important science news Republicans toss in the "I don't give a fuck" file

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No it wasn't; her screed was a tome to stupidity suggesting that if you don't march in lock step with leftist dogma, you are for lynching, or a brown shirted Nazi, or a Native killing Conquistador, therefore, you are evil and a Republican.

Learn to COMPREHEND before you agree with morons on the internet and make yourself look stupid.
    Take your own advice. Your assessment of her comment is moronic.

2. The Following User Groans At Superfreak For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-07-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    But it's "THE REPUBLICANS" FAULT!!!"
    Their invention and utility is not a fault of anyone, the failure to do anything about it is the fault of whosoever decides that course
    of action, and the Republicans are squarely in that camp, Martian.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Micawber,

So true.

And thanks.

If you took away that one issue. No more abortion motivated voters. Say, the Republican party stopped placating to them. Took an indifferent position on abortion.

Without that, the Republican party would be crippled.

They wouldn't stand a chance.

Shoot, if you took away that OR 'gun rights,' they'd be toast.

Take away all voters motivated by those TWO?

There would be no Republican party at all.
    I suggest a third category, the I'm going to stick it to those sneering Dems with their book lernin and smarty pants answers who think they can tell us what to think
    so I'll cut off my nose to spite my face,
    group. That's a large block too. They are the ones who pretended to believe Hillary was worse than Trump.
    That was a fig leaf they could mouth over the truth in italics. And yes I intended to mix the metaphor such that their mouths were genitalia.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (05-08-2019)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I suggest a third category, the I'm going to stick it to those sneering Dems with their book lernin and smarty pants answers who think they can tell us what to think
    so I'll cut off my nose to spite my face,
    group. That's a large block too. They are the ones who pretended to believe Hillary was worse than Trump.
    That was a fig leaf they could mouth over the truth in italics. And yes I intended to mix the metaphor such that their mouths were genitalia.
    That strikes me as being drawn into their trap. They don't want to accept basic facts, want to be emotion-driven. So they put out this provocative stuff and wait for the bait to be taken. If you engage on that level you will always lose in their mind. That's by design. They can't win if arguing basic facts so they deny them. Such as Trump is a liar. They come back with one of two retorts. a) Trump isn't really a liar or b) everybody lies so it's all cancelled out. I don't think we should let them off that hook so easily. They should be called out on the fallacy, made to face the facts. Trump is a liar, he is a racist, is a cheat, and Trump is a conman.

They certainly can't admit he is a conman because if they do they that means they have been conned.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-09-2019)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

yes people you cant be nice to and win over

when will you face what we are really dealing with

bots who were designed to make Americans give up on politics

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Their invention and utility is not a fault of anyone, the failure to do anything about it is the fault of whosoever decides that course
    of action, and the Republicans are squarely in that camp, Martian.
    don't forget the republicans took a shit load of Russian money too

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    The sky is not falling, climate changes every day, how's that.

We're fine, God set up a perfect balance, checks and balances, when things die they die for a reason, sometimes to feed other things,

your beach losing 2 inches of sand over 20 years is not the apocalypse
    Really? What'll the CLIMATE hits you where you have never been HIT before. Who would have thought you needed FLOOD INSURANCE policies this week in IOWA? But as long as you've got YOURS, fuck everyone else.

Do you have children?

Silly me, a 'weather' enthusiast of sorts, I never even heard of BOMB CYCLONES until my 6th DECADE. Now they are everywhere.

Iowa – FloodList
    floodlist.com/tag/iowa

Flooding in the Midwest, triggered by an intense “bomb cyclone,” has devastated parts of the region, which has been plagued by flood events in recent decades.

Iowa flooding: Heavy rain next week could cause Mississippi to crest ...

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/.../iowa-flooding...week.../1103262001/

4 days ago - Heavy rains could cause the Mississippi River to soon crest again, just days after doing so, according to the National Weather Service. ... The Mississippi has already crested at all locations, but "several rounds of rain" expected next week could cause more — and even higher ...

Last edited by Centerleftfl; 05-08-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Micawber,

That strikes me as being drawn into their trap. They don't want to accept basic facts, want to be emotion-driven. So they put out this provocative stuff and wait for the bait to be taken. If you engage on that level you will always lose in their mind. That's by design. They can't win if arguing basic facts so they deny them. Such as Trump is a liar. They come back with one of two retorts. a) Trump isn't really a liar or b) everybody lies so it's all cancelled out. I don't think we should let them off that hook so easily. They should be called out on the fallacy, made to face the facts. Trump is a liar, he is a racist, is a cheat, and Trump is a conman.

They certainly can't admit he is a conman because if they do they that means they have been conned.
    I was riding in first class on a jet last year. Unusual for me. Turns out a Trumptard was sitting next to me in the front row.
    How we got into politics I cannot quite remember, but I went along for some long time ceding ground just to get along
    on the long flight. But he persisted without my input lambasting the left and extolling Trump's many virtues.
    Eventually I got fed up and told him Trump was a liar. He said, and I quote "name one"
    I almost fell out of my chair and requested 6 extra vomit bags. Seriously, did he just say that? He actually believed Trump
    never told a lie?

So I said, let's not talk religion or politics, put on my earbuds tightly and ignored him.

We share no reality with these people. None. They don't simply falsely deny true facts, that actually affirmatively believe opposite facts.
    And yes, there is a difference. Lol It's truly a cult. I'm not saying that in jest. Trump leads a cult.

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

I was riding in first class on a jet last year. Unusual for me. Turns out a Trumptard was sitting next to me in the front row.
    How we got into politics I cannot quite remember, but I went along for some long time ceding ground just to get along
    on the long flight. But he persisted without my input lambasting the left and extolling Trump's many virtues.
    Eventually I got fed up and told him Trump was a liar. He said, and I quote "name one"
    I almost fell out of my chair and requested 6 extra vomit bags. Seriously, did he just say that? He actually believed Trump
    never told a lie?

So I said, let's not talk religion or politics, put on my earbuds tightly and ignored him.

We share no reality with these people. None. They don't simply falsely deny true facts, that actually affirmatively believe opposite facts.
    And yes, there is a difference. Lol It's truly a cult. I'm not saying that in jest. Trump leads a cult.
    That's like saying that every Trump fan is the same. People are individuals. You talked to one person, then you treat everybody else who has a similar political view as if you are talking to that one person. That's ridiculous, I hope you know.

I think you handled the airliner experience well.

I'd have probably said something like: "Everyone does not agree with you. Good Americans disagree. We believe very differently and if I told you how I feel about the President there is a strong chance we would end up in a very loud argument. So instead, let us not talk about politics so we can have a nice flight, OK? Thank you."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.