Members banned from this thread: Cypress, evince, CharacterAssassin, Centerleftfl, LV426 and reagansghost


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Trump is about to open the declassification floodgates

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    16,872
    Thanks
    17,240
    Thanked 9,763 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    89
    Groaned 748 Times in 710 Posts

    Default Trump is about to open the declassification floodgates

    Now that the left has shot their wad......get ready...here comes the boomerang.

    ************

    Trump says he will declassify 'everything' about warrants Obama used to spy on his campaign as he suggests James Comey was 'leading the effort' and the scandal will be 'bigger than WATERGATE'

    President Donald Trump claimed on Thursday that it's likely former FBI Director James Comey led an effort to spy on his campaign in 2016.

    And he told a Fox News Channel interviewer that he intends to declassify documents related to controversial surveillance warrants 'pretty soon.'

    White House officials have vented both publicly and privately for more than a year about warrants the Obama Justice Department obtained from a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court to monitor Carter Page, then a Trump campaign foreign policy adviser.

    The president signaled Friday morning that a reckoning was near.

    'Finally, Mainstream Media is getting involved - too “hot” to avoid,' he tweeted, citing a front-page New York Times story about 'effort to spy on Trump Campaign.'

    'Pulitzer Prize anyone? ... This is bigger than WATERGATE, but the reverse!' the president wrote.

    He didn't set a firm timetable on Fox News for declassifying the materials related to the FISA warrants, saying he would do it 'soon, I mean whenever they need it.'

    'I will be declassifying, yes.' he said. 'Everything.'

    Trump made a point of blasting Comey, who called him 'amoral' in a New York Times op-ed this week.

    'Comey leaked and he lied. He lied in front to Congress,' he said, renewing themes that are now nearly as old as his presidency.

    And the FBI director who he fired two years ago likely was in charge of scooping up intelligence aimed at preventing his victory, he claimed.

    'I would say he probably led some kind of an effort,' Trump said of Comey. 'The word 'spying' has been used. He probably was one of the people leading the effort on spying.'

    'It could very well be true. We are going to find out pretty soon,' he said.


    Attorney General William Barr told Congress in April that 'spying on a political campaign is a big deal,' and added: 'I think spying did occur.'


    Barr didn't offer evidence to support his conclusions, but he is one of a small number of government officials with access to classified materials related to the previous administration's counter-intelligence operations related to the Trump campaign.

    Barr didn't object categorically at the time to the idea of the Justice Department 'spying' on a political campaign.

    'The question is whether it was predicated — adequately predicated,' he testified. 'I'm not suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated, but I need to explore that. I think it's my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned about intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane.'

    Barr told a Senate panel on Wednesday that the word 'spying' doesn't necessarily carry a negative connotation, but refers to ordinary intelligence work.

    Comey said last month in New York that he disagreed.

    'When I hear that kind of language used, it's concerning,' he told an audience at a Hewlett Foundation event, 'because the FBI, the Department of Justice, conduct court-ordered electronic surveillance. I have never thought of that as spying.'

    'I have no idea what the heck he's talking about,' Comey said.

    Trump said hours later at the White House that 'there was absolutely spying into my campaign.'

    'I'll go a step further: In my opinion, it was illegal spying, unprecedented spying, and something that should never be allowed to happen in our country again,' he said, 'and I think his answer was actually a very accurate one.'

    Trump has complained about 'spying' on his campaign since March 4, 2017, when he stunned politics-watchers by claiming in an unprompted tweet that 'Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!'

    He returned to the theme less than three weeks ago, tweeting: 'THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN (We will never forget)!'

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-campaign.html
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason and harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals must be protected and safe in their nesting places........humans must not.

    To abort something is to end something which has begun.
    To abort life is to end it.



  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

    Dark Soul (05-03-2019), Grokmaster (05-03-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    16,872
    Thanks
    17,240
    Thanked 9,763 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    89
    Groaned 748 Times in 710 Posts

    Default

    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason and harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals must be protected and safe in their nesting places........humans must not.

    To abort something is to end something which has begun.
    To abort life is to end it.



  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

    PostmodernProphet (05-03-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    16,872
    Thanks
    17,240
    Thanked 9,763 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    89
    Groaned 748 Times in 710 Posts

    Default

    IG Horowitz report coming out, Barr has begun his investigation, the noose is tightening.
    We're about to see Bama's REAL legacy come to light. I wonder if he and Moochelle bothered to buy a home in Switzerland.
    Last edited by Stretch; 05-03-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason and harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals must be protected and safe in their nesting places........humans must not.

    To abort something is to end something which has begun.
    To abort life is to end it.



  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,350
    Thanks
    1,244
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 90 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Now that the left has shot their wad......get ready...here comes the boomerang.

    ************

    Trump says he will declassify 'everything' about warrants Obama used to spy on his campaign as he suggests James Comey was 'leading the effort' and the scandal will be 'bigger than WATERGATE'

    President Donald Trump claimed on Thursday that it's likely former FBI Director James Comey led an effort to spy on his campaign in 2016.

    And he told a Fox News Channel interviewer that he intends to declassify documents related to controversial surveillance warrants 'pretty soon.'

    White House officials have vented both publicly and privately for more than a year about warrants the Obama Justice Department obtained from a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court to monitor Carter Page, then a Trump campaign foreign policy adviser.

    The president signaled Friday morning that a reckoning was near.

    'Finally, Mainstream Media is getting involved - too “hot” to avoid,' he tweeted, citing a front-page New York Times story about 'effort to spy on Trump Campaign.'

    'Pulitzer Prize anyone? ... This is bigger than WATERGATE, but the reverse!' the president wrote.

    He didn't set a firm timetable on Fox News for declassifying the materials related to the FISA warrants, saying he would do it 'soon, I mean whenever they need it.'

    'I will be declassifying, yes.' he said. 'Everything.'

    Trump made a point of blasting Comey, who called him 'amoral' in a New York Times op-ed this week.

    'Comey leaked and he lied. He lied in front to Congress,' he said, renewing themes that are now nearly as old as his presidency.

    And the FBI director who he fired two years ago likely was in charge of scooping up intelligence aimed at preventing his victory, he claimed.

    'I would say he probably led some kind of an effort,' Trump said of Comey. 'The word 'spying' has been used. He probably was one of the people leading the effort on spying.'

    'It could very well be true. We are going to find out pretty soon,' he said.


    Attorney General William Barr told Congress in April that 'spying on a political campaign is a big deal,' and added: 'I think spying did occur.'


    Barr didn't offer evidence to support his conclusions, but he is one of a small number of government officials with access to classified materials related to the previous administration's counter-intelligence operations related to the Trump campaign.

    Barr didn't object categorically at the time to the idea of the Justice Department 'spying' on a political campaign.

    'The question is whether it was predicated — adequately predicated,' he testified. 'I'm not suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated, but I need to explore that. I think it's my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned about intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane.'

    Barr told a Senate panel on Wednesday that the word 'spying' doesn't necessarily carry a negative connotation, but refers to ordinary intelligence work.

    Comey said last month in New York that he disagreed.

    'When I hear that kind of language used, it's concerning,' he told an audience at a Hewlett Foundation event, 'because the FBI, the Department of Justice, conduct court-ordered electronic surveillance. I have never thought of that as spying.'

    'I have no idea what the heck he's talking about,' Comey said.

    Trump said hours later at the White House that 'there was absolutely spying into my campaign.'

    'I'll go a step further: In my opinion, it was illegal spying, unprecedented spying, and something that should never be allowed to happen in our country again,' he said, 'and I think his answer was actually a very accurate one.'

    Trump has complained about 'spying' on his campaign since March 4, 2017, when he stunned politics-watchers by claiming in an unprompted tweet that 'Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!'

    He returned to the theme less than three weeks ago, tweeting: 'THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN (We will never forget)!'

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-campaign.html

    About time.



    De Oppresso Liber

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

    Stretch (05-03-2019)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    32,609
    Thanks
    6,522
    Thanked 8,555 Times in 6,451 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 1,635 Times in 1,556 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Now that the left has shot their wad......get ready...here comes the boomerang.

    ************

    Trump says he will declassify 'everything' about warrants Obama used to spy on his campaign as he suggests James Comey was 'leading the effort' and the scandal will be 'bigger than WATERGATE'

    President Donald Trump claimed on Thursday that it's likely former FBI Director James Comey led an effort to spy on his campaign in 2016.

    And he told a Fox News Channel interviewer that he intends to declassify documents related to controversial surveillance warrants 'pretty soon.'

    White House officials have vented both publicly and privately for more than a year about warrants the Obama Justice Department obtained from a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court to monitor Carter Page, then a Trump campaign foreign policy adviser.

    The president signaled Friday morning that a reckoning was near.

    'Finally, Mainstream Media is getting involved - too “hot” to avoid,' he tweeted, citing a front-page New York Times story about 'effort to spy on Trump Campaign.'

    'Pulitzer Prize anyone? ... This is bigger than WATERGATE, but the reverse!' the president wrote.

    He didn't set a firm timetable on Fox News for declassifying the materials related to the FISA warrants, saying he would do it 'soon, I mean whenever they need it.'

    'I will be declassifying, yes.' he said. 'Everything.'

    Trump made a point of blasting Comey, who called him 'amoral' in a New York Times op-ed this week.

    'Comey leaked and he lied. He lied in front to Congress,' he said, renewing themes that are now nearly as old as his presidency.

    And the FBI director who he fired two years ago likely was in charge of scooping up intelligence aimed at preventing his victory, he claimed.

    'I would say he probably led some kind of an effort,' Trump said of Comey. 'The word 'spying' has been used. He probably was one of the people leading the effort on spying.'

    'It could very well be true. We are going to find out pretty soon,' he said.


    Attorney General William Barr told Congress in April that 'spying on a political campaign is a big deal,' and added: 'I think spying did occur.'


    Barr didn't offer evidence to support his conclusions, but he is one of a small number of government officials with access to classified materials related to the previous administration's counter-intelligence operations related to the Trump campaign.

    Barr didn't object categorically at the time to the idea of the Justice Department 'spying' on a political campaign.

    'The question is whether it was predicated — adequately predicated,' he testified. 'I'm not suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated, but I need to explore that. I think it's my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned about intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane.'

    Barr told a Senate panel on Wednesday that the word 'spying' doesn't necessarily carry a negative connotation, but refers to ordinary intelligence work.

    Comey said last month in New York that he disagreed.

    'When I hear that kind of language used, it's concerning,' he told an audience at a Hewlett Foundation event, 'because the FBI, the Department of Justice, conduct court-ordered electronic surveillance. I have never thought of that as spying.'

    'I have no idea what the heck he's talking about,' Comey said.

    Trump said hours later at the White House that 'there was absolutely spying into my campaign.'

    'I'll go a step further: In my opinion, it was illegal spying, unprecedented spying, and something that should never be allowed to happen in our country again,' he said, 'and I think his answer was actually a very accurate one.'

    Trump has complained about 'spying' on his campaign since March 4, 2017, when he stunned politics-watchers by claiming in an unprompted tweet that 'Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!'

    He returned to the theme less than three weeks ago, tweeting: 'THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN (We will never forget)!'

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-campaign.html
    Trump is a liar. He isn’t going to do shit. And you continue to buy his lies.

    Dumbfuck.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

    CharacterAssassin (05-03-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-03-2019)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    21,925
    Thanks
    39,047
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 9,637 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,149 Times in 1,097 Posts

    Default

    What about your precious Wall? Isn't that of interest any more?

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    16,872
    Thanks
    17,240
    Thanked 9,763 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    89
    Groaned 748 Times in 710 Posts

    Default

    It's happening. Infrastructure money will help.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason and harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals must be protected and safe in their nesting places........humans must not.

    To abort something is to end something which has begun.
    To abort life is to end it.



  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    25,332
    Thanks
    14,876
    Thanked 7,712 Times in 6,111 Posts
    Groans
    2,027
    Groaned 1,026 Times in 933 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What about your precious Wall? Isn't that of interest any more?
    Don't want to address the OP?

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Stretch (05-03-2019), Wolverine (05-03-2019)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    21,925
    Thanks
    39,047
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 9,637 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,149 Times in 1,097 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Don't want to address the OP?
    No, I'm gravely concerned about The Wall. Looks like its 15 minutes of fame expired. lol

    There's no point in discussing the OP because like almost everything else the Toadstool promises his drooling minions, it either won't come to pass or it won't be what they've prayed for.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    CharacterAssassin (05-03-2019), Jade Dragon (05-03-2019)

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,763
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 104 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What about your precious Wall? Isn't that of interest any more?
    Nancy and Chuckie meet with Trump on Infrastructure funding.....guess what falls under Infrastructure? Left wing GREED is about to get exploited again...…...Not only do Chuck and Nancy need money for the upcoming election in order to purchase votes by promising useless infrastructure funds for the corrupt left wing politicians to steal at the local level, they need to project an appearance of actually passing something besides hate Trump resolutions, they need an actual bill to get signed into law.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

    Dark Soul (05-03-2019), Stretch (05-03-2019)

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    25,332
    Thanks
    14,876
    Thanked 7,712 Times in 6,111 Posts
    Groans
    2,027
    Groaned 1,026 Times in 933 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No, I'm gravely concerned about The Wall. Looks like its 15 minutes of fame expired. lol

    There's no point in discussing the OP because like almost everything else the Toadstool promises his drooling minions, it either won't come to pass or it won't be what they've prayed for.
    OIC. The "lying liars" argument.


  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    21,925
    Thanks
    39,047
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 9,637 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,149 Times in 1,097 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Nancy and Chuckie meet with Trump on Infrastructure funding.....guess what falls under Infrastructure? Left wing GREED is about to get exploited again...…...Not only do Chuck and Nancy need money for the upcoming election in order to purchase votes by promising useless infrastructure funds for the corrupt left wing politicians to steal at the local level, they need to project an appearance of actually passing something besides hate Trump resolutions, they need an actual bill to get signed into law.
    You might want to schedule an appointment for a brain scan. I'm concerned your drinking all that Koolaid is causing damage.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Jade Dragon (05-03-2019)

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    21,925
    Thanks
    39,047
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 9,637 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,149 Times in 1,097 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    OIC. The "lying liars" argument.
    I'm glad you can see the Toadstool for what he is. You've taken the first step towards your recovery.

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    16,872
    Thanks
    17,240
    Thanked 9,763 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    89
    Groaned 748 Times in 710 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Nancy and Chuckie meet with Trump on Infrastructure funding.....guess what falls under Infrastructure? Left wing GREED is about to get exploited again...…...Not only do Chuck and Nancy need money for the upcoming election in order to purchase votes by promising useless infrastructure funds for the corrupt left wing politicians to steal at the local level, they need to project an appearance of actually passing something besides hate Trump resolutions, they need an actual bill to get signed into law.
    Bingo. As for the Trump topics that are in the news, she thinks they're all about the future and won't happen.
    Problem is......they're happening NOW. Seems the Twitter news feeds are lagging behind.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason and harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals must be protected and safe in their nesting places........humans must not.

    To abort something is to end something which has begun.
    To abort life is to end it.



  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    14,027
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 4,504 Posts
    Groans
    434
    Groaned 517 Times in 499 Posts

    Default

    Democrats are running scared

    I smell a wall coming
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.” - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Teflon Don For This Post:

    Stretch (05-03-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 12:23 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2018, 08:49 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2018, 02:36 PM
  4. Trump Orders Declassification of Russia Investigation Records
    By Dark Soul in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2018, 06:19 PM
  5. Here we go, the floodgates have opened
    By Havana Moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •