Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_acces...ial_candidates

all states have their own requirements to be placed on their ballots

a candidate has to conform to each states requirements

even a write in will have to meet them to have their ballots tallied

a candidate has to be on all 50+ DCs ballots
    This is the second time the California Senate tried to get this bill by the Assembly (SB149). . The first time it was Vetoed. Govern Brown(D) had the following concerns:

To the Members of the California State Senate:

I am returning Senate Bill 149 without my signature.

This bill requires any candidate for president to disclose five years of his or her income tax returns before their name can be placed on California's primary election ballot.

Although tax returns are by law confidential, many presidential candidates have voluntarily released them. This bill is a response to President Trump's refusal to release his returns during the last election.

While I recognize the political attractiveness-even the merits-of getting
    President Trump's tax returns, I worry about the political perils of individual states seeking to regulate presidential elections in this manner. First, it may not be constitutional. Second, it sets a "slippery slope" precedent. Today we require tax returns, but what would be next? Five years of health records? A certified birth certificate? High school report cards? And will these requirements vary depending on which political party is in power?

A qualified candidate's ability to appear on the ballot is fundamental to our democratic system. For that reason, I hesitate to start down a road that well might lead to an ever escalating set of differing state requirements for presidential candidates.

Sincerely,

Edmund G. Brown Jr.
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

anatta (05-04-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

if Donny wont show his taxes

he wont get on state ballots

if he cant win states electoral votes he cant win election
    You mean.....the taxes already gown over by Mueller Time? Who found nothing worth prosecuting? Ever wonder why that left wing dog and pony show going on right now REFUSES to go behind closed doors to look at the actual Mueller report....the redacted parts? Because Mueller has already had his cronies investigate Trumps finances since BIRTH....and found nothing illegal. Just like John Maddow over at MSNBC.....it showed that Trump has crossed all his "I's" and dotted all his "t's".

Just how ignorant are you? You think you can fish for a crime through a body of US government that has no power to indict anyone....CONGRESS? Or prompt a State like NY to override a 35 Million dollar Mueller investigation that used all the power of the US police forces combined and found NOTHING? Really?

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Requirements for independents
    Was May 2016 too late for an independent candidate to get on November 2016 ballots?
    Verbatim examined ballot requirements and filing deadlines for all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia, and as of May 2016, it was still possible for an independent candidate to get on ballots in 50 of 51 jurisdictions, more than enough to win the 270 electoral votes required to become president. Read Ballotpedia's fact check »
    See also: Filing deadlines and signature requirements for independent presidential candidates, 2016
    Generally speaking, an independent presidential candidate must petition for placement on the general election ballot in all 50 states as well as Washington, D.C. A handful of states may allow an independent candidate to pay a filing fee in lieu of submitting a petition. The methods for calculating how many signatures are required vary from state to state, as do the actual signature requirements. For instance, some states establish a flat signature requirement. Other states calculate signature requirements as percentages of voter registration or votes cast for a given office.
    In order to access the ballot nationwide, it was estimated that an independent presidential candidate in 2016 would need to collect more than 860,000 signatures. California was expected to require independent candidates to collect 178,039 signatures, more than any other state. Tennessee was expected to require 275 signatures, fewer than any other state.

5. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (05-04-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    You mean.....the taxes already gown over by Mueller Time? Who found nothing worth prosecuting? Ever wonder why that left wing dog and pony show going on right now REFUSES to go behind closed doors to look at the actual Mueller report....the redacted parts? Because Mueller has already had his cronies investigate Trumps finances since BIRTH....and found nothing illegal. Just like John Maddow over at MSNBC.....it showed that Trump has crossed all his "I's" and dotted all his "t's".

Just how ignorant are you? You think you can fish for a crime through a body of US government that has no power to indict anyone....CONGRESS? Or prompt a State like NY to override a 35 Million dollar Mueller investigation that used all the power of the US police forces combined and found NOTHING? Really?
    hahahahahahahahahahah

go get them idiot

7. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hahahahahahahahahahah

go get them idiot
    Nothing to say? Speechless....that's a first.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

10. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Requirements for independents
    Was May 2016 too late for an independent candidate to get on November 2016 ballots?
    Verbatim examined ballot requirements and filing deadlines for all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia, and as of May 2016, it was still possible for an independent candidate to get on ballots in 50 of 51 jurisdictions, more than enough to win the 270 electoral votes required to become president. Read Ballotpedia's fact check »
    See also: Filing deadlines and signature requirements for independent presidential candidates, 2016
    Generally speaking, an independent presidential candidate must petition for placement on the general election ballot in all 50 states as well as Washington, D.C. A handful of states may allow an independent candidate to pay a filing fee in lieu of submitting a petition. The methods for calculating how many signatures are required vary from state to state, as do the actual signature requirements. For instance, some states establish a flat signature requirement. Other states calculate signature requirements as percentages of voter registration or votes cast for a given office.
    In order to access the ballot nationwide, it was estimated that an independent presidential candidate in 2016 would need to collect more than 860,000 signatures. California was expected to require independent candidates to collect 178,039 signatures, more than any other state. Tennessee was expected to require 275 signatures, fewer than any other state.
    read the laws

16. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

17. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    What does it matter? Trump cannot win CA so being on the ballot does not really change the electoral vote results.
    That's true, but.....

What if one or two swing states that are normally blue, but Trump won or could win, follow California's lead?

We know the red States will never do anything to hold him accountable for anything he does or to find out what he might have done in the past.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

get it righties

The STATES can keep him from running

even you lying idiots know he will NEVER show his taxes

see what happens when you give your party to the russians
    No they can't. A state PRIMARY is not the general election, and he is running unopposed in the GOP.

Try a CIVICS CLASS....couldn't hurt.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

19. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    If the ASSEMBLY Vetoes the bill like it had done before then none of the above matters. Trump can still challenge the react clause in SB27.
    Your avatar makes me hungry.

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    No they can't. A state PRIMARY is not the general election, and he is running unopposed in the GOP.

Try a CIVICS CLASS....couldn't hurt.
    what makes you think its only the primary?

21. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

22. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

NAME SOMEONE WHO BECAME PRESIDENT WITHOUT RUNNING IN ALL 50 STATES AND DC???????
    I can name a state that cast all their POPLUAR VOTES and EC votes.....and had their asses kicked anyway. California 2016 And it did not really matter that Trump was on the ballot. But it will make a difference when he's not?

Let us know when that 1st time becomes a reality instead of another GET TRUMP daydream made up hypothetical event that has never occurred. Just why do you assume the Electoral College exists in the first place? To stop large states just like this from doing exacting what you HOPE they are doing.....attempting to use the popular vote as a tool to enslave the less populated states.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

24. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    This is the second time the California Senate tried to get this bill by the Assembly (SB149). . The first time it was Vetoed. Govern Brown(D) had the following concerns:

To the Members of the California State Senate:

I am returning Senate Bill 149 without my signature.

This bill requires any candidate for president to disclose five years of his or her income tax returns before their name can be placed on California's primary election ballot.

Although tax returns are by law confidential, many presidential candidates have voluntarily released them. This bill is a response to President Trump's refusal to release his returns during the last election.

While I recognize the political attractiveness-even the merits-of getting
    President Trump's tax returns, I worry about the political perils of individual states seeking to regulate presidential elections in this manner. First, it may not be constitutional. Second, it sets a "slippery slope" precedent. Today we require tax returns, but what would be next? Five years of health records? A certified birth certificate? High school report cards? And will these requirements vary depending on which political party is in power?

A qualified candidate's ability to appear on the ballot is fundamental to our democratic system. For that reason, I hesitate to start down a road that well might lead to an ever escalating set of differing state requirements for presidential candidates.

Sincerely,

Edmund G. Brown Jr.
    Although states have the right to do what California wants to do here I think Brown brings up excellent points about the slippery slope in the future and is this the road we really want to go down.