Thread: Do you have a favorite lie that Trump told?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Do you have a favorite lie that Trump told?

Yeah, the one that I cite frequently is when he was criticized for his speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree, where he was sort of bizarrely political. And he was asked about this criticism, and he said something like, “No, no, the head of the Boy Scouts called me and told me it was the greatest speech that had ever been given at the Boys Scout Jamboree.” And so I emailed the Boy Scouts, thinking they wouldn’t respond because big entities tend to not want to contradict the president, but they emailed me back and said, “No one ever called and no one ever said that.”

The other one that stands out is an interview he did with The Wall Street Journal. He was boasting about the impact of his tariffs. Then, a bit later in the interview, the Journal asked him about some of the criticism of his tariffs, and he said something like, “No, no, I don’t have any tariffs. What tariffs? I’ve threatened tariffs, but I haven’t imposed any.” And so he just went from literally boasting about this policy to claiming it doesn’t exist.

- Daniel Dale, Washington correspondent of the Toronto Star, interviewed by "Intelligencer"
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...rump-lies.html

Which is your favorite pointless lie? Or if you're a Trump fan, which are you proudest of?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-29-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,027 Times in 6,221 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Yeah, the one that I cite frequently is when he was criticized for his speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree, where he was sort of bizarrely political. And he was asked about this criticism, and he said something like, “No, no, the head of the Boy Scouts called me and told me it was the greatest speech that had ever been given at the Boys Scout Jamboree.” And so I emailed the Boy Scouts, thinking they wouldn’t respond because big entities tend to not want to contradict the president, but they emailed me back and said, “No one ever called and no one ever said that.”

The other one that stands out is an interview he did with The Wall Street Journal. He was boasting about the impact of his tariffs. Then, a bit later in the interview, the Journal asked him about some of the criticism of his tariffs, and he said something like, “No, no, I don’t have any tariffs. What tariffs? I’ve threatened tariffs, but I haven’t imposed any.” And so he just went from literally boasting about this policy to claiming it doesn’t exist.

- Daniel Dale, Washington correspondent of the Toronto Star, interviewed by "Intelligencer"
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...rump-lies.html

Which is your favorite pointless lie? Or if you're a Trump fan, which are you proudest of?
    My favorite is him saying he invented the term fake. He didn't even invent the term fake news.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

All of them. Every one displays their delusional mindset, that reality itself is biased against them.

Uh... it is!

Observations aside...I like the one where he declares himself to be the most healthy Potus ever.
    His fucking huge fat countenance belies that one. Yes, and Jabba the hut is the most healthy
    star wars character ever too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 80 Posts

It's easy to tell when trump is lying. His lips are moving.

His supporters are morons.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bhoyal For This Post:

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,404 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Stable genius" is a favorite. So is comparing himself to Joe Biden and proclaiming himself a "vibrant young man." Hahahahahaha!